Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

53 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's this site: https://covid-19.in.th/en/

I've tried accessing it with 3 different browsers (incl. Chrome) but it's no use. Just tried from my laptop, same result.

I'm using a phone (DTAC) as a personal hotspot, hooked up to my desktop machine. I've had not a single problem accessing the English site multiple times, just to test the link.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I can't open the website at all, have tried with several browsers.

That's strange, it opens just fine for me.  Try dumping your browser's cache and reopening the link.  What message do you get when trying to connect?

A note...if you are travelling to PhyaThai, the "travel certificate" they provide is just as good IMO, since it lists all the information this app asks for, is officially signed, and is written in both Thai and English. 

And besides that, all the people who have already traveled into BKK in the last couple of days have reported no checkpoint issues, and no unusual traffic delays. 

I'm sort of thinking the draconian announcements about strict checkpoints was more of an "official" bluff just to dissuade unnecessary intra-provincial travel.

Edited by WaveHunter

21 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

That's strange, it opens just fine for me.  Try dumping your browser's cache and reopening the link.  What message do you get when trying to connect?

A note...if you are travelling to PhyaThai, the "travel certificate" they provide is just as good IMO, since it lists all the information this app asks for, is officially signed, and is written in both Thai and English. 

And besides that, all the people who have already traveled into BKK in the last couple of days have reported no checkpoint issues, and no unusual traffic delays. 

I'm sort of thinking the draconian announcements about strict checkpoints was more of an "official" bluff just to dissuade unnecessary intra-provincial travel.

I'm able to access the website from the wife's tablet and just found out I'm also able to access it from Chrome if I open it in an "incognito window". 

Yes, I've read the reports about no check points but wouldn't be surprised if the day I went they suddenly were there. Besides, I'm not yet 60 so Bangkok's not an option. Instead, I will have to travel much further to my wife's home province for a possible vaccine appointment.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

If it weren't made so difficult to get for foreigners, I'd agree with you, but the majority of us who tried (and I did try) just found it to be more trouble than it was worth. 

Glad it worked for you and a very few select others, but most of us expats had to follow a much more convoluted road to vaccination, and many are still hanging in the wind. 

A public vaccination rollout just should not have been conducted the way this one is Thailand has been conducted.

A couple of years ago my wifes friend told her to get me a pink card,i was not bothered at the time but as she is a lawyer and had just done my will for free,i decided to get one ,to be honest it was a bit of running around but as i am retired i have the time also my wife is quite articulate so does most of the talking so it was not that big a deal.

I have found itfairly usefull over the years and of course no problem when she who must be obayed registered me on mor prom and i got my az jab soon after, at least its saved me driving to BKK.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

A couple of years ago my wifes friend told her to get me a pink card,i was not bothered at the time but as she is a lawyer and had just done my will for free,i decided to get one ,to be honest it was a bit of running around but as i am retired i have the time also my wife is quite articulate so does most of the talking so it was not that big a deal.

I have found itfairly usefull over the years and of course no problem when she who must be obayed registered me on mor prom and i got my az jab soon after, at least its saved me driving to BKK.

Well I am envious that you were able to get jabbed without a trip into BKK (which I am not really looking forward to) but, as I said, and you seem to agree, getting that card is a hassle even if you speak Thai (which I, and many expats do not). 

There are just too many tasks here in the Magic Kingdom that are major hassles for expats such as dealing with the Immigration Office.  That's not why I came here, and so I just avoid things are just make me feel crazy LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:
ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's this site: https://covid-19.in.th/en/

I've tried accessing it with 3 different browsers (incl. Chrome) but it's no use. Just tried from my laptop, same result.

Expand  

It worked on my phone, but I couldn't find a place for date of travel ... I was trying for a day next week, but it kept showing today's date.

Is it only to be used on the day of travel?

I know this is off-topic but it's important enough to mention anyway.

One specific protective measure that a lot of people aren't really thinking about lately....handling currency.

Infection through surface contact has been sort of downplayed lately since most infections are from airborne sources, but infection by hand contact is still a major threat.

Consider that currency crosses hands so frequently that the change you get at the store may have been handled by dozens of people only minutes before it has been handed to you.

Just think of how many people come into a 7-11 store every hour!  It only makes sense to use alcohol sanitizer the moment you've put your change in your pocket, and of course after you get home and empty out your pockets, a good hand washing with soap is the best protection. 

On paper money I think the virus can only be active for minutes, but on metal it can be up to five days, so it's probably not a bad idea to spray down your coins with alcohol once you're home.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone planning to get the north Pattaya Bus to Bangkok needs to find an alternative

Screenshot_2021-07-22-14-38-44-006_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes, the CCSA just announced that no bus travel is available.  I thought they said for one month.  The only way to get to Bangkok now is by private car or driving service.

Also, unrelated but the CCSA also stated that swimming pools, which were supposed remain open have now been ordered closed in Chonburi until further notice, and I bet beaches will be next. ????

Edited by WaveHunter

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with getting the vaccination if blood pressure tested high?  I have "white coat syndrome" meaning that every time I have my BP tested at the doctor's office , it's always high compared with when I test it at home (and I know my home test is accurate becuase it is calibrated).

Edited by WaveHunter

48 minutes ago, law ling said:

It worked on my phone, but I couldn't find a place for date of travel ... I was trying for a day next week, but it kept showing today's date.

Is it only to be used on the day of travel?

It's only valid on the day of your travel, hence the fixed date. Other posters have confirmed this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

All in all, a very well organized operation and I am extremely grateful to Thailand, Phaya Thai 2 and all the countries that donated vaccines and included some pressure with them to vaccinate foreigners. I look forward to my second jab in 12 weeks or hopefully sooner if it gets moved up.

Almost identical to my experience (and my report over on Sheryl's pinned thread in Health and Medicine). Agree, service was top notch. Getting my mid-October shot moved ahead by 4 weeks will be the best news and the icing on the cake, as I have plans to finally return to Canada for an intensive bit of business, etc. Oh, and maybe some real beer and pub food. 

• Like 2

Samithivej Sriracha Hospital will be announcing their registration soon.

If you go to Vimut Hospital in Bangkok early tomorrow morning you might be able to resister for a jab the next day.

Vimut Hospital, Bangkok
     Pre-registration: 23-27 July 2021 from 9 AM to 1 PM hours only (On-site at the hospital)
                            (40 persons/hour) 
     Date of vaccination: 24-31 July 2021

1 hour ago, shortstop2 said:

If you go to Vimut Hospital in Bangkok early tomorrow morning you might be able to resister for a jab the next day.

Hmmm, although registration supposedly didn't open until 9AM tomorrow, it is now fully booked!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with getting the vaccination if blood pressure tested high?  I have "white coat syndrome" meaning that every time I have my BP tested at the doctor's office , it's always high compared with when I test it at home (and I know my home test is accurate becuase it is calibrated).

the guys sitting next to me was quite nervous and had a high reading but they were very helpful and understanding and took it again after a few minutes and let him pass so I think you will be fine.. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Here's a fun question. Does anyone know know if they provide a proof of vaccination document on the spot at Phyathai 2 after the second dose?

Or God forbid do we need to travel back there later to collect it?

Jingthing. I asked that very question at the end of my Pyathai process. The English speaking staff indicated that the only 'proof' I was going to get was the printed 'Covid-19 Vaccine Appointment Card' I received after completing my 30 minute waiting period post-jab. This is reasonably detailed & includes a bar code & QR code at the bottom, which presumably could be used to cross check the information. I believe after the second jab you get an official vaccination certificate, that can in turn lead to production of a travel certificate which involves getting an appointment at a number of centres in greater BKK or via Suvarnabhumi airport.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Here's a fun question. Does anyone know know if they provide a proof of vaccination document on the spot at Phyathai 2 after the second dose?

Or God forbid do we need to travel back there later to collect it

On the spot while you wait in the recovery room. If you have an existing yelllow vaccination booklet bring it along as well and they will enter your shots in there as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry2 said:

Jingthing. I asked that very question at the end of my Pyathai process. The English speaking staff indicated that the only 'proof' I was going to get was the printed 'Covid-19 Vaccine Appointment Card' I received after completing my 30 minute waiting period post-jab. This is reasonably detailed & includes a bar code & QR code at the bottom, which presumably could be used to cross check the information. I believe after the second jab you get an official vaccination certificate, that can in turn lead to production of a travel certificate which involves getting an appointment at a number of centres in greater BKK or via Suvarnabhumi airport.

Getting the yellow vaccination certificate is an utter nightmare I found out. The site at Suvarnabhumi doesnt issue them anymore and the one I contacted only issues 160 booklets per day and you have to queue very early in the morning to secure a spot. Having said that my airline is accepting the phya thai 2 certificate for travel so I am fine for now but just another total disaster in my view.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

Getting the yellow vaccination certificate is an utter nightmare I found out. The site at Suvarnabhumi doesnt issue them anymore and the one I contacted only issues 160 booklets per day and you have to queue very early in the morning to secure a spot. Having said that my airline is accepting the phya thai 2 certificate for travel so I am fine for now but just another total disaster in my view.

Right, having faced one nightmare process of course a second ordeal awaits those who need this. When you say 'queue very early in the morning' does that mean in person - if so it means potentially another trip from PTY to BKK to start another risky physical queuing process. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Right, having faced one nightmare process of course a second ordeal awaits those who need this. When you say 'queue very early in the morning' does that mean in person - if so it means potentially another trip from PTY to BKK to start another risky physical queuing process. 

They say you can send a representative if you fill in a lot of paperwork but they clearly told us over the phone that the 160 slots are gone early in the morning due to high demand.. I suggest you really check with your airline if you really need it at this stage. You can also check the two other sites. Have a Thai person call but from what I learned so far I am sorry but it seems another total nightmare....

Edited by VaccineHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

They say you can send a representative if you fill in a lot of paperwork but they clearly told us over the phone that the 160 slots are gone early in the morning due to high demand.. I suggest you really check with your airline if you really need it at this stage. You can also check the twonother sites. Have a thai person call but from what I learned so far I am sorry but it seems another total nightmare....

Thanks, having got vaccinated with a vaccine that is seemingly accepted in many places across the world, I very much want an official certificate that would hopefully be accepted elsewhere in the world as proof of vaccination. Including possibly Thailand should I decide I want to return here, events of the last few months have - for the first time - put a question mark against that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Thanks, having got vaccinated with a vaccine that is seemingly accepted in many places across the world, I very much want an official certificate that would hopefully be accepted elsewhere in the world as proof of vaccination. Including possibly Thailand should I decide I want to return here, events of the last few months have - for the first time - put a question mark against that.

Look I fully agree. But doubt that you will have any issue if you apply overseas for a re-entry COE and just attach the Thai certificate. The Yellow Booklet is probably not going to make a huge difference for you at this juncture.

• Like 1