Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Just one point: I arrived at Phyathai at 11:55 am. Got my AZ shot at 12:55 pm, an hour earlier than the 2 pm appointment time. Keep that in mind for travelling purposes.

FYI: I just posted my lengthy (and positive) Phyathai 2 experience on Sheryl's Vaccination Experiences thread in Health and Medicine. 

What the link to your post on Sheryl's thread?  I'd like to read your thoughts ????

...or maybe just copy /paste it to this thread.

How do people  even get started arranging to get a vaccine? How is it possible? Every story seems about Bangkok  but nothing about here in Pattaya but this thread started out as a Pattaya  thread. 

How do I as a 67 year old with pre existing health conditions get any help or support in arranging  a vaccine?

Edited by The Hammer2021

4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Good advice re start time from Pattaya and also the extra precautions.  I'll be wearing two masks (cloth + N95) for the drive up and for being in the hospital since the N95 probably won't be acceptable to the driver or hospital staff since it really doesn't filter exhaled air.  Hand cleaner will be in my backpack too.

Hey, thanks so much...I really appreciate it!

The Tom's Taxi that we took had a plexiglass type barrier between the front and back seat.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

What the link to your post on Sheryl's thread?  I'd like to read your thoughts ????

...or maybe just copy /paste it to this thread.

My post is on page 7 of Sheryl's pinned thread. It has three helpful photos too. I don't know how to single out my post in a link. Here's a direct link to page 7:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/page/7/#comments

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How do people  even get started arranging to get a vaccine? How is it possible? Every story seems about Bangkok  but nothing about here in Pattaya but this thread started out as a Pattaya  thread. 

How do I as a 67 year old with pre existing health conditions get any help or support in arranging  a vaccine?

60+ can register here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform but you will need to travel to Bangkok I believe.

1 hour ago, mahjongguy said:

Just to help spread the word:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

The QR code form now in English and accepts passport numbers.

Please note: You cannot fill in the form in advance. It must be done on the day of travel.

The online form on desktop does work now ????

As with most things in Thailand, the form is flawed.

First, you can only fill in the form on the day of departure since it has no date of travel field.

On the form:  "Registration must be carried out on each every day of travel"

If filling out for roundtrip to Bangkok for vaccination, you need to put in TWO destinations (one for BKK and the other for your return trip to Chonburi).  Your ARRIVAL time should be when you plan to be back in Chonburi. 

You'll see what I mean...the form is not properly formatted and sort of misleading.

Once filled out, just take a snapshot of the confirmed form on your phone.

Probably not even necessary, but better to have it I suppose.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

My post is on page 7 of Sheryl's pinned thread. It has three helpful photos too. I don't know how to single out my post in a link. Here's a direct link to page 7:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/page/7/#comments

That was an INCREDIBLE review of the whole process (including the helpful snapshots), and your tips were very helpful.  Thanks!  This should be read by everyone before their visit. ????

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

It said my passport number was invalid (Canadian) I just added an _ at the end and it accepted it.

Be sure to only fill it on the day of departure or it will not have the correct travel date.

Edited by WaveHunter

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You just need to read this thread.  There is a wealth of information.  Unfortunately, at the moment there are no opportunities to register (as far as I know) but they pop up all the time, and here on this thread is where you'll get a "heads-up" on upcoming opportunities...

When those opportunities do pop up, you need to be prepared to act fast.

Because Chonburi (Pattaya) is now classified as a "deep-red" zone, it's logical to assume that more vaccines will be made available locally, so just check this and other threads on the forum to stay up-to-date.

Edited by WaveHunter

@Jingthing Even though I'm in Bangkok (temporarily), this thread has been very helpful in many ways. There's been much very good info.  Cheers

Note: I'm thinking it's a good idea to keep checking the Intervac site https://www.thailandintervac.com. Another hospital, No. 4, has been added to the list, namely BNH in Bangkok. But it will not open registration until August. Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is also planning to reopen reg in August.

I assume the Pattaya hospitals will come online once the vaccines reach the much depleted city. I just hope there's something left there by the time I want to return to live in the next month or two.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Hey @Jingthing, I think you deserve a medal for starting this thread ????.  I believe it is the most popular thread for those of us in Chonburi province seeking vaccination ASAP. 

It has definitely attracted a following of people who are smart, well informed, and genuinely committed to helping each other find solutions, and without the usual troll traffic that derails many well-intentioned threads.

I think that without it, very few expats here would be getting vaccinations in a timely way.

Kudos to you for starting the thread!

After reading this thread i admit it is very good ,but i am so glad i had a pink card ,registered on Mor Prom 8 weeks ago and got an astra zenica shot locally 2 weeks later ,no fuss ,no bother ,hardly any travelling .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It gets flagged as a dangerous website by my Virus protection.

Switched off the virus protection program but still unable to reach the website. Imagine finally having gotten a jab appointment but turned back at a checkpoint due to this stupid website not working! 

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Switched off the virus protection program but still unable to reach the website. Imagine finally having gotten a jab appointment but turned back at a checkpoint due to this stupid website not working! 

I'm gonna keep on trying to reach this website during the day. Anyone able to connect to it please post.

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I'm gonna keep on trying to reach this website during the day. Anyone able to connect to it please post.

can you get on with a tablet or phone, on my pc i get straight on with edge

Edited by steve187

16 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Don't know which web site you're referring to but I can access both the Google forms vaccination registration site and covid19 travel registry site using Safari and Chrome. 

It's this site: https://covid-19.in.th/en/

I've tried accessing it with 3 different browsers (incl. Chrome) but it's no use. Just tried from my laptop, same result.

16 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Don't know which web site you're referring to but I can access both the Google forms vaccination registration site and covid19 travel registry site using Safari and Chrome. 

It's this site: https://covid-19.in.th/en/

I've tried accessing it with 3 different browsers (incl. Chrome) but it's no use. Just tried from my laptop, same result.