Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

1 minute ago, Harry2 said:

I own everything I write, it was not intended to be a lecture but a simple off the cuff comment to someone I have been in a dialogue for over vaccination the last few months. You are reading way too much into simple comments & over reacting based on intentions that don't exist in this posters mind.

I can't read intentions in posts. I can read tone. Fair enough what you say about your intention. Enough. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree it would be irresponsible to not at least to TRY to cancel. However I strongly suspect they overbook anyway, expecting a percentage of no shows.

i send an email as a reply to the confirmation email, which changed to hello@medparc, nothing back at the moment, i sent it yesterday morning,

editi have now forwarded it to [email protected]

edit edit   received a reply from inquiry@ med, within minutes of sending cancellation.

Edited by steve187
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Here's another fun question.

As there is 12 week gap for Astra Zenica, I wonder if there will be a way to "transfer" the first Bangkok hospital jab to a Pattaya hospital (assuming perhaps over optimistically that at least high risk with passport expats will have access to AZ jabs here by then).

We won't want three AZ jabs!

I doubt Moderna or Pfizer will be here by then, but then you get into the mixing controversy.  I also don't think you want AZ and then TWO Modernas or Pfizers, so the same question of being able to transfer.

The point I'm making is about getting the documentation that you've been fully vaccinated. You could lie to them and say you didn't get the first one, take the second one here as the first, and no show for the second here, but then definitely no document.

Nobody knows the answer to this yet of course.

Why not go for three?

6 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Good question. I need to cancel at MedPark too. The cancellations might open a slot or two for others, For reference, mine's Aug 17, 11 am. 

You get a paper that states Thailand Vaccine Certificate with a QR code etc. and all the dates of your shots. If you want yellow vaccination booklet its advised to bring it along if you have one already and they will enter the shots there too. They did for me as I already had one from a prior yellow fever vaccination...

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Ya know, I wouldn't cancel the appointment at MedPark just yet even though I got my first jab, and I'll tell you why.

If the CCSA doesn't change the 12 week waiting period for the second jab, I might consider getting the ParkMed dose as a "second" dose, whether or not they'd be willing to document me as being fully vaccinated.  I have a feeling they would be willing to do that but I'm not sure right now.

It's just too early to tell what options will be by August.  Pfizer may actually be available to us locally next month.  I'd rather have MedPark as a backup to a speedier second dose if no better options are available by my appointment date, rather than be forced to wait until mid October for the second dose, and then another two weeks for it to fully kick in making it November to finally be fully protected.

I think that even if I wait until the last minute to cancel MedPark, that cancelled dose will go to some worthy recipient, and won't be simply tossed in the trash.

I'm assuming, maybe naively, that your passport number will be registered in a national database and they will see that should you rock up at Medpark for another vaccination a couple of weeks later.

Still, I won't be cancelling my MedPark vaccination until I've received my Phyatai vaccine just in case something goes wrong on the way there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:
7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hip Hip Hooray!

BTW, what do you reckon is the best way to CANCEL a vaccine booking at Medpark?

Good question. I need to cancel at MedPark too. The cancellations might open a slot or two for others, For reference, mine's Aug 17, 11 am. 

Because there have been so many failed systems etc before reporting on this forum that the MedPark booking system was working I made a ‘test booking’....    that way I knew the information I was posting was accurate and useful. 

As soon as I had the booking confirmed I replied to the confirmation e-mail to cancel - there was no response. 

I don’t like leaving the ’slot’ open, but its a 1 hour slot, people turn up hours early and many people also chance their luck with walk-ins, the vaccine wont go to waste but the booking slot may.

Thats just unfortunate - I’ve done what I can to cancel the booking. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The booking system for the Medway hospital seems quite straightforward. But

Could someone explain how to book for the Pyathai hospital?

And in both cases what are the issues about travel papers?

The Phyathai bookings are closed.

As are Medpark.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

15 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I am being treated at the BPH hospital for an ongoing serious illness and I'm 67 years old.

oh dear, that doesn't sound good. A covid jab are the least of your worries.  hope you pull through. 

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no indication that bookings are closed or were ever open at Med Park. Is there a link to a covid information page? I can only see references to tests not to vaccines.

It was open; I know for sure since I snagged an appointment.

Here is the link. Now closed.

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

53 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Could someone explain how to book for the Pyathai hospital?

Now closed but supposedly will reopen.

Upon reopening., you have to be extremely quick filling out the Google Form or you will probably be shut out.

49 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I am being treated at the BPH hospital for an ongoing serious illness and I'm 67 years old.

This is the hospital that was taking pre-registration inquiries for paid for Moderna jabs.

Anyway, glad that as you are an at-risk patient they recognise your need to get a vaccination and good luck.

33 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no indication that bookings are closed or were ever open at Med Park. Is there a link to a covid information page? I can only see references to tests not to vaccines.

Lots of people got appointments at MedPark. Registration is closed now though.

26 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

I would suggest that you refresh the following link a few times a day.  Looks like perhaps BNH may be reopening first.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Thank you for the excellent link and information? BNHBIs that Bangkok Nursing Home? If so I recovered from Dengue there back in 93!

Edited by The Hammer2021

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Pyathai has 3 three hospitals. Does anybody know which one is or was doing the covid 19 vaccines?. Does anyone have a link?

Phyathai 2 is the one that was registering last time.

May change in the future as someone above quoted BNH?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is the hospital that was taking pre-registration inquiries for paid for Moderna jabs.

Anyway, glad that as you are an at-risk patient they recognise your need to get a vaccination and good luck.

I have asked every week at BPH and there has never been offers of jabs, lists or bookings at all and no mention of Moderna. Today was the time they mentioned the possibility.