Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

1 hour ago, sungod said:

It's turned into a thread of queue jumpers. One month they complain they cant get a vaccine, now its registering at multiple hospitals for a second shot at their leisure to reach optimal protection, hmm....... shall i do 8 weeks or 12?

Spare a thought for those who cant get a first shot, by taking it at 8 weeks as opposed to 12 is depriving others a chance of some protection earlier.

Pure selfishness........its all about me.

Yes, Pattaya does tend to bring its residents down to Pattaya's level, the gutter.  ????  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

It's turned into a thread of queue jumpers. One month they complain they cant get a vaccine, now its registering at multiple hospitals for a second shot at their leisure to reach optimal protection, hmm....... shall i do 8 weeks or 12?

Spare a thought for those who cant get a first shot, by taking it at 8 weeks as opposed to 12 is depriving others a chance of some protection earlier.

Pure selfishness........its all about me.

And it would be ‘all about you’ if you found a way to register for the vaccine....

There is so much inconsistency with the registration, cancellations, announcements, lack of availability...  anyone with any common sense at all is covering their bases where they can. 

You may not like it, but you are blaming the player and not the game... The Thai government have created this highly flawed system of distrust where people are forced to take measures they themselves may not find morally perfect.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who ‘double’ booked knowing that any of their booking may cancel at any time or simply not have the vaccine when they turn up. 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And it would be ‘all about you’ if you found a way to register for the vaccine....

There is so much inconsistency with the registration, cancellations, announcements, lack of availability...  anyone with any common sense at all is covering their bases where they can. 

You may not like it, but you are blaming the player and not the game... The Thai government have created this highly flawed system of distrust where people are forced to take measures they themselves may not find morally perfect.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who ‘double’ booked knowing that any of their booking may cancel at any time or simply not have the vaccine when they turn up. 

You got it all wrong, try reading the post again. Its about people using multiple bookings to jump the queue for their second jab, taking it at 8 rather than 12 thus depriving someone the opportunity to get first jab earlier. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure they would be even more vocal.......

Edited by sungod

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Today my Pattaya hospital called me to say they had been given their government allocation and offered me a choice of AZ or SV. They have booked me in but don't know when.

They called you, or texted you?  I've never heard of them calling anyone, and I can't remember but I think that your first contact after succesful booking is a text message saying you are booked AND it provides the date & time.

At any rate if you somehow recived verification that you were booked withut date & time, they normally respond within 24 hours by text message to the phone number you provided with the date & time of booking.

If not received after 24 hours, I'd EMAIL them at [email protected] They are very resposive to email and usually reply in less than an hour (not sure about weekends though).

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do hope the people trying to get vaccines organized aren't impacted by your chopping and changing.... 

You aren't making the job of the hospitals any easier.

I have no idea what "chopping and changing" means but I don't think holding off on cancellation with MedPark is jeopardizing anyone else's chance of being vaccniated, or inconveniencing MedPark in any way, as long as I let them know before the actual appointment date.

I'm sure they are not going to just put my vaccine in the trash.

Chances are that I will indeed cancel becuase the appointment date is only about 3 weeks away now that I think of it...but so far, I haven't heard of anyone even being able to figure out a way to cancel.

If anyone has been succesful at this, let me know how you proceeded.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

They called you, or texted you?  I've never heard of them calling anyone, and I can't remember but I think that your first contact after succesful booking is a text message saying you are booked AND it provides the date & time.

At any rate if you somehow recived verification that you were booked withut date & time, they normally respond within 24 hours by text message to the phone number you provided with the date & time of booking.

If not received after 24 hours, I'd EMAIL them at [email protected] They are very resposive to email and usually reply in less than an hour (not sure about weekends though).

I think he is talking about Bangkok hospital Pattaya

22 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Problem is we don't know if Thai future documentation requirements will change & also I may need a more official, internationally recognised form of vaccination proof elsewhere in the world. I really don't want to go through yet another absurd bureaucratic queuing process, but sadly I will have to do so before exiting. Incidentally I will not be returning to Thailand until all the COE, ripoff Covid medical insurance, ASQ nonsense ends - however long that is.

If you are referring to Astrozeneca, I read this in Economist Magazine the other day: 

"..The AstraZeneca vaccine is the most widely accepted vaccine, with 119 governments recognising it..."

According to the nurse I spoke with yesturday at Phyathai, once you receive your second jab, Phyathai will give you a certificate plainly showing you have received both injections including the dates and brand of vaccine, and it will have a QR code on it.  

I have international travel plans for Q4 so I was very specific when I spoke to the nurse about my concerns about being documented as vaccinated for my trip.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I can't see any problem with that meeting any foreign country's immigration requirements.

Edited by WaveHunter

17 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Ohhh ????.  I wouldn't believe anything BHP had to tell me LOL.  They lsot all credibility in my eyes after their registration debacle a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I have no idea what "chopping and changing" means but I don't think holding off on cancellation with MedPark is jeopardizing anyone else's chance of being vaccniated, or inconveniencing MedPark in any way, as long as I let them know before the actual appointment date.

I am afraid I do..... had you not taken up the reservation you no longer wish to use, another person could have obtained it... you effectively put a block on... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

I rang BHP this morning and asked if could register for the vaccine. Was told a blunt no and also told they had no idea when a vaccine would become available.

Edited by giddyup
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Ohhh ????.  I wouldn't believe anything BHP had to tell me LOL.  They lsot all credibility in my eyes after their registration debacle a few weeks ago.

So can I hope that you will not pursue any subsequent vaccination opportunity BHP may come up with in the future?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So can I hope that you will not pursue any subsequent vaccination opportunity BHP may come up with in the future?

Funny thing about this place,as soon as you walk in BP taken,comment often that it is high do you want to see a cardiologist? No thanks IM low actually

17 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'm assuming, maybe naively, that your passport number will be registered in a national database and they will see that should you rock up at Medpark for another vaccination a couple of weeks later.

Still, I won't be cancelling my MedPark vaccination until I've received my Phyatai vaccine just in case something goes wrong on the way there.

I think you are spot on. My friend tried to register for a "booster" shot of Astra Zeneca but was unable to do so as she already go two Sinovacs and she got a error message when she tried to sign up. I would be careful with trying such tactics and stick to the prescribed sequence and then consider a self-paid booster. Actually it seems they are assigning you a Thai ID when you get the first shot - you can see it on your Vaccination appointment sheet and also your certificate and I think you can use it for potentially other online services where they ask for a Thai ID... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

If you are referring to Astrozeneca, I read this in Economist Magazine the other day: 

"..The AstraZeneca vaccine is the most widely accepted vaccine, with 119 governments recognising it..."

According to the nurse I spoke with yesturday at Phyathai, once you receive your second jab, Phyathai will give you a certificate plainly showing you have received both injections including the dates and brand of vaccine, and it will have a QR code on it.  

I have international travel plans for Q4 so I was very specific when I spoke to the nurse about my concerns about being documented as vaccinated for my trip.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I can't see any problem with that meeting any foreign country's immigration requirements.

you really got to check with each respective airline and jurisdiction you plan to travel to including potential transfer airports - overall the AZ indeed is the most accepted Vaccine but there are three layers of requirements that one needs to consider:

- Boarding requirements (PCR/ART Test required not required with local OR internationalVaccine certificate)

- Immigration requirements  for quarantine / PCR / ART free entry into the country 
- Possibility of converting foreign Vaccine certificate into local paper/digital certificate for seamless entry into events, shopping centers, restaurants etc. where applicable 

to sum it up its complicated but for now it seems the Vaccination Certificate with QR code issued by the Thai Hospitals seems to be accepted and pursuing  a Yellow Vaccine Certification Booklet not worth it in Thailand at this juncture given the bureaucratic hoops. Which of course is extremely frustrating because in March the Ministry of Health made big announcements that everbody will receive such a booklet when they get vaccinated and once again there is a huge gap between words and deeds and no consequences for those that recklessly set high expecations without being held accountable. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Got my vaccine about 1:00 pm, Arrived at Phyathai 2 around 12:30.  VERY busy, lucky I got a seat.  within 5-10 minutes a couple more computer workers showed and paperwork handlers for the paper you need to fill out and sign.  I would say 15-20 people were standing by the time I got my paperwork (30 minutes or so)

No worries, except had to wait for 3 elevators as they limit capacity to 5 people per elevator. 

Blood pressure next 136/84 (I take lispril daily) short wait for the shot. 

Many Sinovac people there and my paperwork stated Astrazeneca, but had to make sure, so checked the lot number and vial as all you see is a syringe in a SS container waiting for you.  Both nurses very accommodating.  I was pleasant and half joking but really wanted to make sure as many others there had the Sinovac paperwork I saw ????

Amazed at all the younger people. Seemed half the people there were under 40, mostly Thais and a few Chinese and Indians. 

The 30 minute wait is a bit of a joke...more like 15-20, but of course you can stay longer.  Once you get your appointment for your second shot (mine is October 15) they say you can go...which was about 15-20 minutes for me.   Whole process took about an hour

No roadblocks either way Pattaya-Bangkok-Pattaya

All good until the next shot 84 days/12 weeks from now.  

shot 2.jpg

shot 1.jpg

Lot number indicates its Thai Made AZ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Not unless they get their act together, which they clearly did not do the last time they got everybody's hopes up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The strange thing that strikes me about the new Intervac list is that the Bangkok Hospital Group places in Khon Kaen & Phuket are on the list but not the one in Pattaya. Given the BHP  once appeared on the initial Intervac list the hope must be that they will eventually be a/the Pattaya distribution channel.

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have asked every week at BPH and there has never been offers of jabs, lists or bookings at all and no mention of Moderna. Today was the time they mentioned the possibility.

Not so much an offer of jabs or bookings, but a survey (pre-registration?) of how many would like a Moderna vaccination when / IF they become available. I completed mine on 9 July 

27 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

you really got to check with each respective airline and jurisdiction you plan to travel to including potential transfer airports - overall the AZ indeed is the most accepted Vaccine but there are three layers of requirements that one needs to consider:

- Boarding requirements (PCR/ART Test required not required with local OR internationalVaccine certificate)

- Immigration requirements  for quarantine / PCR / ART free entry into the country 
- Possibility of converting foreign Vaccine certificate into local paper/digital certificate for seamless entry into events, shopping centers, restaurants etc. where applicable 

to sum it up its complicated but for now it seems the Vaccination Certificate with QR code issued by the Thai Hospitals seems to be accepted and pursuing  a Yellow Vaccine Certification Booklet not worth it in Thailand at this juncture given the bureaucratic hoops. Which of course is extremely frustrating because in March the Ministry of Health made big announcements that everbody will receive such a booklet when they get vaccinated and once again there is a huge gap between words and deeds and no consequences for those that recklessly set high expecations without being held accountable. 

Everything is complicated now but I think a lot of the confusion will be elimintaed as more become fully vaccinated.  I guess the biggest priority right now for officals is just getting people vaccinated. SInce there is not that much interantional travel presently, I guess it's just not a big priority at the moment.

Obviously, something that is acceptable world-wide can not be accomplished by just one country, so it will really be the resposibility of an international organization liek the WHO or the UN to come up with something that is universally accetped by all countries.  I mean, I think the WHO already has a list of what they conisder to be "approved" vaccines, and so they could easily set up a "vaccine passport" idea.

I just thing that right now, of all of the vaccines, AZ is the one that would be most universally accepted.

Edited by WaveHunter

24 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

Thanks thats a very useful summary of different requirement types. As my second jab is not until end Sept, I can see how it plays out. But I am going to make an effort to get my Yellow Book, as I know a number of European countries - like France - have an equivalent document & I don't want to be caught out by some bureaucracy halfway across the globe demanding something I can only obtain back in Thailand.  It is just so crazy they shut the facility at the airport, meaning you have to potentially make a separate trip into BKK & seemingly join a physical queue. Again one hopes there will be some kind of facility in every province. Otherwise people could be making intra provincial trips not just to get their jabs but also their Yellow Books.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I am afraid I do..... had you not taken up the reservation you no longer wish to use, another person could have obtained it... you effectively put a block on... 

You can feel any way you like.  My perspcetive is that the endless failed public registration schemes have been incredibly unfair to foreigners in particular.  I signed up with MedPark becuase I had no idea if PhyaThai was going to be just another failed promise as so many others have been like BHP and Pattaya Memorial.  As far as I'm concerned, signing up at MedPark was a necessary thing.  Now that I have received my first jab at PhyaThai, I will probably cancel MedPark....if I can figure out hwo to do it.  So far, I have heard of nobody on this forum succesfulyl doing it.  If you have, fill me in.

31 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

The strange thing that strikes me about the new Intervac list is that the Bangkok Hospital Group places in Khon Kaen & Phuket are on the list but not the one in Pattaya. Given the BHP  once appeared on the initial Intervac list the hope must be that they will eventually be a/the Pattaya distribution channel.

They sure better get Pattaya and the whole province on Chonburi on that list pretty damn fast, considering that Chonburi is now the #4 most infected province in Thailand, and it's pretty obvious that people from Bangkok (many of which may be carrying the virus) are having no problem crossing over into Chonburi becuase the so called "road checkpoints" do not actually seem to exist, which is clear to any of us who made the pilgrimage in to PhyaThai for vaccinations in the last few days.

As much as I hate to say it, if they are not more strict with the road checkpoints, and if they don't start vacicnating locally we're probably headed for a total lockdown, as in Chinese-style lockdown, kingdom-wide.  Otherwise, we're probably going to be seeing daily new cases well over 20,000 per day in no time at all.

People on the street around Pattaya are still not taking the situation very seriously.  I see plenty of people still walking around without masks, or with them draped down around their neck.  Evewn inside 7-11 I see people with thier masks pulled down below thier nose.  Maybe a strictly enforced lockdown is the only thing those kind of people will understand!

Sorry for the rant, but some people need a safe to fall down on their head before they get it...that this is getitng real serious now!  We need strict road checkpoints to keep Bankokians out of Chonburi, and we need local hospitals to be enabled to offfer mass vaccinations just like in Bangkok...right now, or we will be the next Bangkok! 

Edited by WaveHunter

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You can feel any way you like.  My perspcetive is that the endless failed public registration schemes have been incredibly unfair to foreigners in particular.  I signed up with MedPark becuase I had no idea if PhyaThai was going to be just another failed promise as so many others have been like BHP and Pattaya Memorial.  As far as I'm concerned, signing up at MedPark was a necessary thing.  Now that I have received my first jab at PhyaThai, I will probably cancel MedPark....if I can figure out hwo to do it.  So far, I have heard of nobody on this forum succesfulyl doing it.  If you have, fill me in.

Look at post of Steve187 on previous page.

39 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I messaged MedPark at hello@medpark and inquiry@medpark to cancel my appointment since yesterday at noon. No reply yet.