Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If exercising, masks are not required?

Doesn't  seem to be clear as many have questioned this  on  this  forum.

Trawling Beach Road for the errant coconut bar worker is NOT exercise.

That comes afterwards.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

It's really difficult to breathe when you are exercising with a mask on. ????

Its also really difficult to breath when you have the virus!

So don’t be ridiculous, be responsible and wear the mask as per the current rules.

Edited by PB172111
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Silly to focus on Thais or non Thais not wearing masks on bikes, motorbikes or walking alone with their dog out in rural areas...

focus on clusters or populations/gatherings in confined spaces or condensed areas...

I don’t think Tops is great when you have 30-50 people in store at the same time...capacity limits are not being created or enforced...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

A  group of  Thai cyclists ride  pass my  house every day, they don't  wear  masks.

I'm betting you wear your mask in the house also, correct? 

3 hours ago, thaichina said:

That s not true, not Paris only, almost all the country. Anyway, Masks mandates are all around the world, not only in Pattaya, just grow up and stop spreading nonsense.

Not exactly true.  Mask mandates are slowly being brought down across the US.  Here in Texas, they are almost non-existent now.  

• Like 1

When I mentioned in response to a post that in my building, and around my area in BKK most of the people not wearing masks were foreigners, someone from Pattaya responded that in Pattaya it was the Thais flouting the rules and the foreigners complied. I’m confused ????????

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Chicken, egg, or egg chicken? They got pictures to prove it!????

They already think farang are crazy - they get that impression from especially news that comes out of the United States. (with regards to COVID)

1 hour ago, khaowong1 said:

Not exactly true.  Mask mandates are slowly being brought down across the US.  Here in Texas, they are almost non-existent now.  

Nobody in Australia or New Zealand wears face masks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Yes that's what i heard to and the number of infected is the same as in the locked down and mask wearing areas . I'm chearing for the Texas way ???????????????? although they need to start vaccinations here first and fast .

• Like 2

I am always astonished, to what Covid is driving some ThaiVisa members ...

It seems, there is quite a number feeling entitled to be 

a „Blockwart“ (block leader) or denouncer.

... something reminding me of the worst times of history in Europe.

????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britman Free said:

Those tests are a joke - via Twitter:

Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD.

If those are the same machines they had at the Whitehouse early on - they had a very high incorrect response (I think at that time it was it would only catch a positive 50% or at most 75% of the time). 

7 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

They already think farang are crazy - they get that impression from especially news that comes out of the United States. (with regards to COVID)

The 'I won't do that as I have rights' knucklehead attitude is everywhere, and very much in the USA.  Too much 'fake news' about.... I am still amazed some believe face masks are of no use, and some even label them as dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The 'I won't do that as I have rights' knucklehead attitude is everywhere, and very much in the USA.  Too much 'fake news' about.... I am still amazed some believe face masks are of no use, and some even label them as dangerous. 

Well, for some reason it has become political instead of medical.  Face masks are not about protecting yourself, it is about protecting others in case you are asymptotically infected COVID case.... and others wearing the mask are doing the same for others.  Each precaution each person takes reduces the infection rate and when that drops below 1 person infected by each person the result is the number of new cases drops each day.   Reducing the number of cases, reduces the number of ICU beds that are in use... and that is a limited supply so not controlling it means more people dying needlessly.  I am not worried about dying, I am more worried about the long term effects (number of deaths is still on a percentage basis low, but the number of long term effects are considerably higher). 

Just now, bkkcanuck8 said:

Well, for some reason it has become political instead of medical

Oh you are preaching to the choir here. I do believe they are very beneficial, and a component in a multitude of precautions we can all take to prevent  or reduce spread.... and we should not be focused purely on not catching it oneself, but consider risk to others. 

28 minutes ago, mikebell said:

It's not the police's either.

Well, more seriously it is, but they hardly get on with it in preference to other diversions and lucrative pursuits....

21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Agree......runners in BKK (that I have seen) all wearing masks.......god knows how they manage.......but smokers blatantly walking around..... mask around their chin(s).

Lots of runners got used to wearing masks when the PM2.5 goes off the charts.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Surelynot said:

For tourists I take it they mean foreigners.......but regardless......everyone knows the rules.......like them or not......fine all those blatantly flouting the law.

yes fine all of them 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Farang are outnumberber Thais 10-1 , especially Jomtien , Fine them Now , We don’t need Thais judging and then I saw 3 Farang getting free food in a food line , it’s time to go back your country this is humiliating behavior 

• Confused 1

I go out running everyday along Dongtan / Jomtien beach I would say 95% of people are wearing masks, including people doing exercise. Police were out this morning in the area, I would imagine looking for people not wearing masks. Its not the easiest of things to do.... run with a mask, but I can see most try their best.

Edited by Dog walker

if you watch tv you will see millions of people playing all sorts of sports none of them wearing masks so they must be immune to covid so if everyone does exercise masks will not be necessary

• Like 1