Huge electricity bills in April? PEA explain why you're at fault not them!

webfact

1 hour ago, johng said:

I thought the "conventional wisdom"  was to keep the fridge stuffed with as much as possible as it reduces the amount of new air having to be cooled each time the door is opened...obviously  it does take energy to cool the food down  but once cooled it will also act as a reverse heat sink keeping the inside cool.

I thought the same as you but is it correct? that bloke doesn't think so

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I thought the same as you but is it correct? that bloke doesn't think so

He's right about keep opening and closing  the door... makes you fat too. And in the short term loading up your fridge will use a lot of power as it cools all the stuff down. Longer term, full is more efficient. 

• Like 2

So let me read this so a country that didn't even have fridges 50 years ago and still half the population only use it as a messy <deleted> hole to store  rotten pork. Is now telling the people they open the fridge to much. Yes i guess it cool off the house in 43c 

Edited by arick
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

I thought the "conventional wisdom"  was to keep the fridge stuffed with as much as possible as it reduces the amount of new air having to be cooled each time the door is opened...obviously  it does take energy to cool the food down  but once cooled it will also act as a reverse heat sink keeping the inside cool.

That's exactly what I was always told! If you only have a little food in the freezer, fill it full of ice, and that will keep the running costs down!

• Like 1