Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

6 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

It makes sense too because by definition they are travellers who’ll be leaving in the relatively short term and ought to be getting themselves sorted in their country of residence.

No, it doesn't make sense - not unless you think that being here only short term means you can't contract CoVid-19 and/or that if you do get it, you can't pass it on to other people.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

All drivel and carefully trotted out to waste time and weeks of anticipation and give the public hope and something to look forward to!

99% blarney, 1% cock and bull, take your pick.

All they have to do, is juggle the numbers re-hash, throw in a few new scenarios such as Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, awaiting approvals etc and hey presto, it's September already.

If they had put as much effort into obtaining the vaccine as they are doing into the cover up, twenty to twenty five percent of the nation would be vaccinated by now

No offence intended but your criticisms seem woefully off the mark and unfair, in my opinion.

The past two official briefings from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration have mapped out the vaccination plan for foreigners in great detail with more information to come over the next few days.  The spokespersons who deliver these briefings are extremely fluent in English and excellent speakers who provide transparent and very useful content every single day of the week (weekends included).

Everyone that follows these daily CCSA briefing especially prepared in English for foreigners knows that the briefings are factual, informative, and delivered in a completely transparent and honest way.

Personally I think Thailand is one of the safest places to be in the world right now for an unvaccinated person if you consider the remarkably low number of cases per capita.  Based on the latest CCSA briefings, I'm also very optimistic now that any foreigner who wants to be vaccinated will have the jabs a lot sooner than many currently believe.

Considering Thailand's outstanding track record in managing this pandemic since its inception early in 2020, they should be lauded, not criticized so harshly.

Could Thailand have had a faster rollout?  Probably they could have, but this is a complex endeavor and there are no established guidelines to follow, so if there are hiccups along the way, that should be expected.  This is, afterall, a NOVEL virus without precedent. 

Just my opinion, mind you ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, dcsw53 said:

We're ahead of the game. I registered at Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, Jab will be Moderna done in October.

At last some positive news from Pattaya !!

Good to hear but this announcement is for " Free " that won't include the Moderna.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not according to this, got a link proving otherwise?

Different studies show different results. We live in Thailand. The great advantage is that Sinovac does not require a deep freeze, so it's one less thing that can get ****** up. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2114531/china-sinovac-shot-seen-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

Edited by Ebumbu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, charliechoc said:

What you dont understand is that in every city in Thailand a hospital has already been inoculating front line doctors, dentists, nurses etc. The infrastructure is already set up and going. My wife has already had her 2 shots. They are now clearly ready for the rest of us. Dont be too cynical. Its all happening...

Don't assume what I do or don't understand. 

My questions were about expat access. A specific thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Don't assume what I do or don't understand. 

My questions were about expat access. A specific thing.

ha ha. Your previous comment indicated to me you have NO IDEA about whats happening with the vax program. Thus, I think I can assume that you do not understand...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, charliechoc said:

ha ha. Your previous comment indicated to me you have NO IDEA about whats happening with the vax program. Thus, I think I can assume that you do not understand...

What you lectured to me about I already knew.

Again it had nothing to do with the expat access topic.

• Haha 1

Paw Luang announced that the village health centre would be open for registration of ALL village residents front Mon 10 May to Fri 14. I registered on 15th and on Thursday 20th at approx 5pm a motorcycle messenger came to my gate with an appointment card for me to attend Sanpatong Hospital on 2nd July at 9am to receive my first injection. The registration staff were not 100% sure but believed that I would receive the AZ vaccine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I admire your faith. We shall see. Let's wait for a further announcement saying 'You misunderstood,'

Nowhere have I suggested that I have faith in this latest information, although I am hoping it turns out to be correct. I was simply pointing out that you had misread the post.

5 hours ago, Maybole said:

Paw Luang announced that the village health centre would be open for registration of ALL village residents front Mon 10 May to Fri 14. I registered on 15th and on Thursday 20th at approx 5pm a motorcycle messenger came to my gate with an appointment card for me to attend Sanpatong Hospital on 2nd July at 9am to receive my first injection. The registration staff were not 100% sure but believed that I would receive the AZ vaccine.

I got lucky.  Registered for June 19th for the AZ jab.  A friend helped out.  He's been registered for several weeks via his doctor.  They're doing mass jabs at the Ambassador Hotel in NaJomtien.

The US Consulate in Chiang Maiadvised me to contact this email address to get specific information about Covid 19 Vaccination in Chiang Mai:  [email protected]

Here are the replies I received:  

1)

You can register for the Covid-19 vaccine by yourself.

You can go to register on the application or line "MorPhrom" or go to the hospital near you.

Registration Non Thai Citizens Begins  June 2021 

2)

For Foreigners, the doctor system is ready for registration in June or July.

Please follow the news at your Consulate, your embassy, or facebook page: special news information of Chiang Mai province.

Anyway, a mixed message is better than no message?  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The US Consulate in Chiang Maiadvised me to contact this email address to get specific information about Covid 19 Vaccination in Chiang Mai:  [email protected]

1)

You can go to register on the application or line "MorPhrom" or go to the hospital near you.

2)

Please follow the news at your Consulate, your embassy, or facebook page: special news information of Chiang Mai province.

a gmail account doesnt sound legit. could be some guy in russia. do not give id details to that gmail account....

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

1)

2)

Your information is seriously outdated.  The official Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) briefings over the last two days  provides an in-depth update on the current vaccination situation for foreigners. 

See the two most recent video briefings (Friday and Saturday) by clicking this link  (there should also be a new one later today).

Edited by WaveHunter

16 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

No offence intended but your criticisms seem woefully off the mark and unfair, in my opinion.

The past two official briefings from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration have mapped out the vaccination plan for foreigners in great detail with more information to come over the next few days.  The spokespersons who deliver these briefings are extremely fluent in English and excellent speakers who provide transparent and very useful content every single day of the week (weekends included).

Everyone that follows these daily CCSA briefing especially prepared in English for foreigners knows that the briefings are factual, informative, and delivered in a completely transparent and honest way.

Personally I think Thailand is one of the safest places to be in the world right now for an unvaccinated person if you consider the remarkably low number of cases per capita.  Based on the latest CCSA briefings, I'm also very optimistic now that any foreigner who wants to be vaccinated will have the jabs a lot sooner than many currently believe.

Considering Thailand's outstanding track record in managing this pandemic since its inception early in 2020, they should be lauded, not criticized so harshly.

Could Thailand have had a faster rollout?  Probably they could have, but this is a complex endeavor and there are no established guidelines to follow, so if there are hiccups along the way, that should be expected.  This is, afterall, a NOVEL virus without precedent. 

Just my opinion, mind you ????

I agree with most of what you have written here and do think Thailand deserves more credit than it is currently getting for it's handling of the virus BUT (there's always a BUT), they have dropped the ball with the vacine, relying on the home grown AZ vacine rather than pre-buy Pfizer, Moderna etc. 

I'm sure in their mind they thought it was all going to be fine, with the AZ vacine due in June and cases at an all-time low but then came the third wave and Songkran (definately dropped the ball on that one) and all their plans went out the window.

I've heard many, many rumours about why they essentially put all their Covid eggs in one basked, with the most popular being who owns Siam BioScience (Siam Bioscience is wholly owned by a subsidiary of the Crown Property Bureau)  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-siam-bioscience-astrazeneca-vaccine-13993592?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR2BhRJCMdMi2r6aFKCso1q-Qz4yAwtBpYkSsx0t0FmJ9vQeDg8dzNBNf3g   

As I've said, I also think 'they should be lauded, not criticized so harshly' but as far as this particular problem is concerned, they definately should come under scrutiny and accept this was completely the wrong thing to do (or did they even have a choice?).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, samtam said:

I hope a foreigner who has successfully registered with the Mor Prom Line and has an early appointment, can please tell us whether it was honoured.

When I was registering less than a week ago, the choices of appointments started in June, and the first one available for me at my local public hospital was Monday, June 7.

I think the Mor Prom appointments, at least for non-Thais with "pink cards," doesn't start until June. That's what it looked like on the general signup calendar anyway.

I'll be sure to let ThaiVisa know of my experience on June 7. I'm prepared to be turned away, but will try my best to get a shot. Although I'd rather have the AstraZenaca vaccine, I'll take whatever I am offered.

• Like 1

"a gmail account doesnt sound legit. could be some guy in russia. do not give id details to that gmail account...."

Agreed.  I just gave my age, nationality, the fact I have a long-term visa and live in chiang mai.  

The other red flag is that fact someone responded on a Saturday?  Hard for me to imagine a government employee working on a Saturday and actually responding to an email from a foreigner on a weekend.  But who knows maybe the email address is legit?  

Probably the most honest part was the reference to June or July for registration to start?  What next?  August or September???

Edited by sqwakvfr

"Your information is seriously outdated.  The official Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) briefings over the last two days  provides an in-depth update on the current vaccination situation for foreigners. "

I know it came from the US Consulate several days ago.  Another example of how useful the US Diplomatic mission is??

Edited by sqwakvfr

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

I agree with most of what you have written here and do think Thailand deserves more credit than it is currently getting for it's handling of the virus BUT (there's always a BUT), they have dropped the ball with the vacine, relying on the home grown AZ vacine rather than pre-buy Pfizer, Moderna etc. 

I'm sure in their mind they thought it was all going to be fine, with the AZ vacine due in June and cases at an all-time low but then came the third wave and Songkran (definately dropped the ball on that one) and all their plans went out the window.

I've heard many, many rumours about why they essentially put all their Covid eggs in one basked, with the most popular being who owns Siam BioScience (Siam Bioscience is wholly owned by a subsidiary of the Crown Property Bureau)  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-siam-bioscience-astrazeneca-vaccine-13993592?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR2BhRJCMdMi2r6aFKCso1q-Qz4yAwtBpYkSsx0t0FmJ9vQeDg8dzNBNf3g   

As I've said, I also think 'they should be lauded, not criticized so harshly' but as far as this particular problem is concerned, they definately should come under scrutiny and accept this was completely the wrong thing to do (or did they even have a choice?).

Totally agree about the ball being dropped with the vaccine roll out. 

Though I'm not certain, it seems there was a lot of self-serving political wrangling that went on towards the end of last year and into this year that seriously delayed approval of Western vaccines in favor of homegrown options.  IMO there was no practical reason for the delay since many Western countries had already approved vaccines such as Pfizer, Moderna, et al. 

It was really stupid that the rollout in Thailand has been so delayed when many Western countries are already well on their way towards herd immunity now.  Nobody could really have foreseen the emergence of the Indian variant, but now that it's here in Thailand, we're all really paying a price for these political games.

Perhaps the explosive Indian Covid crisis, and the fact that Thailand is only separated by Myanmar from India, and the dangerous political situation in Myanmar right now that's given rise to increased illegal border crossing into Thailand may have been responsible for Thai Officials stepping up their game in the past month.

I could be totally wrong but it seems like there was a major shift in priorities in just the last few weeks to really step up their game.  I mean, the last few CCSA briefings have really indicated that they have a really viable, well thought out game plan now, and they are clearly demonstrating that foreigners will not be taking a back seat, when just a week ago that was not so clear.

When it comes to politics though, you just never real know what's really going on "until the fat lady sings", so it should be really interesting to see how things go starting 07 June.

Edited by WaveHunter

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

When I was registering less than a week ago, the choices of appointments started in June, and the first one available for me at my local public hospital was Monday, June 7.

I think the Mor Prom appointments, at least for non-Thais with "pink cards," doesn't start until June. That's what it looked like on the general signup calendar anyway.

I'll be sure to let ThaiVisa know of my experience on June 7. I'm prepared to be turned away, but will try my best to get a shot. Although I'd rather have the AstraZenaca vaccine, I'll take whatever I am offered.

Great, thank you. That will be most helpful. I have an appointment scheduled for 21 July, so I think there's a good possibility of getting AZ, which is fine by me. I would prefer Pfizer or Moderna, but don't want to wait until the end of the year. And besides, those 2 should be available by the time we all have to repeat this vax next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billsmart said:

I think you need to review the latest official statements regarding registration.  A lot of TVF posters seem to be saying they are registered to receive jabs in June 7, but this is contrary to what officials at the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at Government House have been saying for the last week now.

The official daily CCSA briefings over the last week have made it clear numerous times that the MorProm app was only intended for Thai Nationals, and even though some Foreign Nationals managed to register with Pink Cards,, none of them will be getting vaccinated in June, and most likely, they will not even be officially registered for vaccination when they are made available to foreigners.

The CCSA has also made it clear that foreigners may not officially register (online or in-person) until June 7.  

I think it might be wise to play it safe and plan on registering on or after June 7, even if you think you already are.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think you need to review the latest official statements regarding registration.  The CCSA has made it clear numerous times that the MorProm app was only intended for Thai Nationals, and even though some Foreign Nationals managed to register with Pink Cards,, none of them will be getting vaccinated in June, and most likely, they will not even be officially registered for vaccination when they are made available to foreigners.

Of course the official details are still in the "gray area" so you might luck out and slip through the craps, but it might be wise to just plan on registered on or after June 7, which is when the CCSA says that registration will begin for Foreign nationals.

I think it might be still up in the air regarding foreigners who booked an appointment using the MorProm app, which I did with a Pattaya hospital.  My Thai partner got vaccinated yesterday at Impact Arena and while we are in Bangkok he decided to see if he could get me registered at the hospital we use in Bangkok. 

When he gave the hospital staff my pink card number, my June 16 appointment for the vaccination in Pattaya came up.  She told him I am still booked to get the jab on that date.  So, at least at this point, I seem to still be officially registered and have not been dropped.  Not to say, of course, that the vaccination will actually happen--probably more likely it won't.  I'm curious to see what happens when those with earlier June appointments show up for their jabs.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, newnative said:

I think it might be still up in the air regarding foreigners who booked an appointment using the MorProm app, which I did with a Pattaya hospital.  My Thai partner got vaccinated yesterday at Impact Arena and while we are in Bangkok he decided to see if he could get me registered at the hospital we use in Bangkok. 

When he gave the hospital staff my pink card number, my June 16 appointment for the vaccination in Pattaya came up.  She told him I am still booked to get the jab on that date.  So, at least at this point, I seem to still be officially registered and have not been dropped.  Not to say, of course, that the vaccination will actually happen--probably more likely it won't.  I'm curious to see what happens when those with earlier June appointments show up for their jabs.  

There does seem to be some real confusion as far as Bangkok goes.  The CCSA briefing on Friday and Saturday claimed that two hospitals in Bangkok were available for foreigners to register (if they do not have medical records at an hospitals) and added that the earliest you could register was June 7...BUT one of the hospitals (Wimut) is all set up to take registrations ONLINE, and it is open to use today....so, as often happens here in the Magic Kingdom...very, very confusing just what the h*** is going on LOL ????

I decided to register with Wimut online even though I live in Pattaya, and it accepted / verified my registration, so waiting to see if I actually get a reservation by email.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

There does seem to be some real confusion as far as Bangkok goes.  The CCSA briefing on Friday and Saturday claimed that two hospitals in Bangkok were available for foreigners to register (if they do not have medical records at an hospitals) and added that the earliest you could register was June 7...BUT one of the hospitals (Wimut) is all set up to take registrations ONLINE, and it is open to use today....so, as often happens here in the Magic Kingdom...very, very confusing just what the h*** is going on LOL ????

Yes, very confusing!

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Yes, very confusing!

AFAIK, the Vimut online process  is not an actual registration for getting a vaccine, but more of an INTEREST in doing so notification.

What I believe is supposed to happen thru the Vimut online process is the person will receive an appointment date for doing their actual registration onsite...

And then, on that day, if the hospital has vaccines available, the person could get the vaccine then.  If not, then they'd be given a queue ticket to come back on a subsequent day.

But I agree, it's a bit confusing what the difference is going to end up being between:

1. someone who does the online route now and then shows up onsite later on their appointment date

vs

2. someone who simply shows up in person at Vimut on any day from June 7 onward.

• Like 1