aircon working but needs 24 hours to reach 26 degres. Just cleaned and gas checked. What is the problem of not cooling enough air conditioning ?

sncoem

hi, aircon working but needs 24 hours to reach 26 degres.

it has been cleaned 1 week ago and gas checked.

What can be the problem of not cooling enough air conditioning ?

I try to read and maybe it could be thermostat or expansion valve ?

aircon cleaning company said that it works perfectly, when in the past if could reach 24 degres in 2 hours !

It's a daikin inverter, is it possible that compressor works slower after few years, and then cool slower ? what else ?

Thank you.

It

2 minutes ago, sncoem said:

What can be the problem of not cooling enough air conditioning

It's an inverter and the room is not insulated enough for it to work properly you should of bought a cooler type unit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please people, I have explained that this aircon cool the room, just slower than before, so of course it blows cool air.

and I repeat that it is clean. I just want to find what could be the cause for not cooling as fast as before.

And I repeat before someone tells to clean it, blablabla... it is perfectly clean already ! thanks again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

It

It's an inverter and the room is not insulated enough for it to work properly you should of bought a cooler type unit. 

as clearly explained, it was working and cooling the room perfectly before and nothing changed.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It is a lot hotter than it has been recently (hence all the huge power bills everyone is moaning about).

How big is the room? How big (BTU) is the aircon?

sorry but irrelevant as already explained, it was cooling a lot faster before and nothing changed in this room.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It is a lot hotter than it has been recently (hence all the huge power bills everyone is moaning about).

How big is the room? How big (BTU) is the aircon?

There's info on inverter air-cons about installing in certain rooms of houses.

Thailands super intelligent air-cons engineering salespersons will tell you what you need. ????????????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sncoem said:

as clearly explained, it was working and cooling the room perfectly before and nothing changed.

But the weather is hotter now at this time of year. 

How old is it.?? 

• Like 2

Are the control settings the same?  Techs may have changed them and set to lower fan speed of eco setting or some other change from remote.  Also are the vanes blowing the correct direction - they may have been moved during cleaning.  As mentioned the last week has been exceptionally hot here in Bangkok and suspect most of the country with additional almost 100% humidity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

we had a guy cleaning ours who always wanted to fill one up, ended up not cold. I insisted with mrs we get the Mitsubishi guys in. Their first reaction- who put this in (powerbuy) and 2nd who keeps putting gas in the system, then had to bleed it off. Get QUALIFIED people in not idiots with stepladders and a can of gas!

Interesting, I wasn't aware overfilling could be a problem as well.

• Thanks 1

Is it possible the Label on the A/C, indicating the Refigerent to be Used is no longer current; following some retrofit in the past (previous owners) that the OP wasn't aware of? I assume amnay other readers have witnesses their own A/C being  changed up from R12 to R134a etc etc   btw what is the current refrigerant used in LOS these days?  

so say if the Unit had been refitted to now use 134a, but the Maint dudes put in the successor to 134a. I have one unit that was built for R12, but since changed to 134a; simply by changing the nipples. Does the same 'type' of physical change when a Unit is changed up to 134a's successor too?  My units label was never changed, but simply overwritten by Texta

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sncoem said:

Please people, I have explained that this aircon cool the room, just slower than before, so of course it blows cool air.

and I repeat that it is clean. I just want to find what could be the cause for not cooling as fast as before.

And I repeat before someone tells to clean it, blablabla... it is perfectly clean already ! thanks again.

If the aircon is blowing out air that is just as cool as it was before but now it takes 22 hours longer to reach the desired room temperature, it seems as though  the problem may not be with the aircon. As noted several times by various posters, many people currently are running their aircon units, for longer and at a lower setting, just to maintain the norm. We've started switching our main unit on at 10am and it runs until we go to bed when a second unit in the bedroom takes over and runs all night, we've never done those things ever before this year.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Interesting, I wasn't aware overfilling could be a problem as well.

As is installing too high to the ceiling making cleaning harder. Every few years ours are stripped down and taken outside for a thorough clean

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The only thing I can think of is the OP was conned on a refrigerant refill, they said they topped it up and didn't. Or bled some off.

If it was working well prior to the service, and now is performing poorly, it's not a difficult problem analysis.

"The only thing I can think of is the OP was conned on a refrigerant refill, they said they topped it up and didn't".

He says that it's still blowing cold air, so, so much for that disparaging theory.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sncoem said:

I had one like that, I called up an AC guy and had him fit a new unit of a slightly larger size which solved the problem. I can now get it down to 20C no problem.

At this time of the year in that particular room it would only manage 24 to 25 C on a hot afternoon.

I also noticed that my electricity bill went down by several thousand baht per month as a result of replacing 3 AC units which I use all day.

My May bill went from about 11,500 Baht last year to 7,500 Baht this year.

It looks odd having 2 AC units outside but I will take it with me when I move.

Older AC units which might not be large enough in terms of BTU in my experience have problems keeping up in the hotter months no matter how much you clean them ,etc - replacing it is the answer.

Edited by ukrules
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I had one like that, I called up an AC guy and had him fit a new unit of a slightly larger size which solved the problem. I can now get it down to 20C no problem.

At this time of the year in that particular room it would only manage 24 to 25 C on a hot afternoon.

I also noticed that my electricity bill went down by several thousand baht per month as a result of replacing 3 AC units which I use all day.

My May bill went from about 11,500 Baht last year to 7,500 Baht this year.

It looks odd having 2 AC units outside but I will take it with me when I move.

Older AC units which might not be large enough in terms of BTU in my experience have problems keeping up in the hotter months no matter how much you clean them ,etc - replacing it is the answer.

Inverter aircon vs NON-Inverter aircons will do that.

Changed a NON-inverter aircon in our condo for an Inverter Aircon and bill went less then half.

But there is a caveat. Inverter Aircons are more expensive to buy, but you will be cheaper in the long run.

And one more advice buy Daikin Inverters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tifino said:

so say if the Unit had been refitted to now use 134a, but the Maint dudes put in the successor to 134a. I have one unit that was built for R12, but since changed to 134a; simply by changing the nipples. Does the same 'type' of physical change when a Unit is changed up to 134a's successor too?  My units label was never changed, but simply overwritten by Texta

R12 and R134a are usually used in vehicles.

R22 and the newer R410a are for residential units. Both use different lubricating oils.

• Like 2