Mass vaccination of Thais and foreigners begins in five provinces next month

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

1 Frontline medical staff in state and private sector

2 Thais working in Covid prevention areas

3 Those with underlying health conditions

4 Those aged 60+

5 People in risky jobs such as teacher, public transport drivers and advisors travelling abroad

6 Embassy staff members and their families

7 Thais in the universal healthcare scheme

8 Foreign nationals and migrant workers

Where was this ranking published?

4 hours ago, ryane66 said:

70% of 69 million with 2 doses equates to 1 million a day if the September goal is to be met. That and hesitancy to register will make this very highly unlikely to happen.

under 18 years old (roughly 14 million) are not part of the vaccination plan, since there is no safety/efficacy data among that agebgroup. so 70% of 55 million is 39 million over 122 days equates to 300k per day. hesitancy will indeed be crucial, but not before availability. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I wish they would stop reporting the drivel they spew until there is a fixed schedule to work to, according to this Samui wont be able to register until July, I registered yesterday on a government app, now waiting for an appointment ?!?!?!?! typical left hand aint got a clue what the right hand is doing. Just get on with it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

are supposed to register in person at a local hospital.

Some indication you should do this after 7 June but no harm in trying sooner (and conversely, if no luck oin 7 June then try again a few days to a week later)

You

just make it easier for us to fly home and return once proof of fully vaccinated without quarantine.  does the over 60 crowd include falang? or is it just for Thai nationals.  and ALL Falang. will be at the bottom of the que?

• Like 2

So the WHO said children aren't at risk of catching or transmitting this disease, why are Teachers in the "at risk" group? No logic going on here that I can see, surprise, surprise... 

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

If you have a heart problem you will more than likely have a hospital you go to who will have your medical records! That's the place you go! Not rocket science ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not True Suratthani  Koh Samui start for Thai nationals 26th may June 7th for over 60s AZ and underline heath problems over 60s Thais first the farang . wife has had her 2 already with 100s of others back in April 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ryane66 said:

70% of 69 million with 2 doses equates to 1 million a day if the September goal is to be met. That and hesitancy to register will make this very highly unlikely to happen.

That was not the September goal .....read it again.

9 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

3 Those with underlying health conditions

4 Those aged 60+

5 People in risky jobs such as teacher, public transport drivers and advisors travelling abroad

6 Embassy staff members and their families

7 Thais in the universal healthcare scheme

8 Foreign nationals and migrant workers

So, if you are a foreigner with underlying health conditions, which is it, no. 3 or no. 8 ?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Five provinces will go first in June - Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Phuket (part of the sandbox foreign travel plan starting in July).

There we go... the first flip-flop.

Nothing for the rest of the country yet.

You are in one of the 55 forgotten provinces the same as I am... Nakhon Pathom

We have to wait, and wait and wait.

I did not like the response from a major private CNX hospital that I have been going to for years.  I emailed them about getting the Covid 19 Vaccine at this hospital and got this reply:  "use the MORE PROMPT app".  Otherwise they do not have plans to offer the covid 19 vaccine at their hospital. 

Also, what can I say about Timelines and Deadlines in LOS?  They are very, very loose and flexible.  July in Chiang Mai could be much later.  I am not waiting until the end of the year.  If one has a better chance of getting vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna or J&J back home then then it might be worth it.  I have already calculated the cost of going back to Los Angeles to get vaccinated and returning.  I will be probably be outbound after the Tokyo Olympics(let's see if it actually happens??).  .  

Edited by sqwakvfr

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

This so called government have made numerous promises over the last six years, but nothing ever materializes, except more hot air.

So does he expect anybody to believe him this time.

Yes, but it is cool air we need at this time, And make it clean as well for a bonus

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pookiki said:

It would appear that after reading this article that foreigners are still the last group in the list of 'priority' groups and this means that foreigners who are 60+ or have underlying health conditions are not being treated the same as Thais for receiving a vaccination. So, the program to register foreigners starting on 7 June is just window dressing to make it appear that we will be vaccinated earlier than the previous 'August' registration that was supposed to be done on the smart phone app.

Friday we were told that a nationwide plan would unfold for the whole country including all none-nationals. 

Saturday we're told 5 province only.... then a few more with 55 on hold till god knows when.

• Like 2