Heavy weather warning for Phuket, Andaman coast

webfact

1621826146_1-org.jpg

Heavy weather is forecast to continue throughout this week. Photo: Khao Phuket / file

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The South West Meteorological Center based in Phuket has issued a weather warning advising all small boats to stay ashore as heavy weather along the Andaman coast is expected to continue through Saturday.

In its forecast issued this morning (May 24), winds off the coast are to average 22-24km/h, with gusts rising to 45km/h on Friday before easing on Sunday (May 30).

The notice issued today repeated the centre’s warning yesterday, noting that an active low pressure cell in the east of the Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify, and is moving northward to the west to the north of the Bay of Bengal.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/heavy-weather-warning-for-phuket-andaman-coast-80097.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-24

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

rained in Hua Hin last night . Is that close enough? 

No not really,here in cha-am we always see the clouds come in,thunder and lightning as well.

We always seem to be on the outer edge of the rain over here.

Rain all around us but we must be living in the driest part of the Kingdom.

We can use some.

• Like 1

Just now, jvs said:

No not really,here in cha-am we always see the clouds come in,thunder and lightning as well.

We can use some.

the summer palace was built in Hua Hin because it is the lowest area of rain fall in Thailand.

and yes you can watch the radar and as the rain approaches it will dissipate just before hitting Hua Hin. or will move to the north or south.    

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

rained in Hua Hin last night . Is that close enough? 

49 minutes ago, jvs said:

We can use some.

46 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the summer palace was built in Hua Hin because it is the lowest area of rain fall in Thailand.

and yes you can watch the radar and as the rain approaches it will dissipate just before hitting Hua Hin. or will move to the north or south.    

Are you this desperate for a conversation you're now discussing rainfall in Hua Hin in a thread about Phuket weather warning?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Are you this desperate for a conversation you're now discussing rainfall in Hua Hin in a thread about Phuket weather warning?

yes. if you lived in Hua Hin you would understand. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes. if you lived in Hua Hin you would understand. 

Most know HH is one of the driest places in Thailand, what's annoying is that so many there want to talk about their local issues on the Phuket forum not their own.

Some don't seem to know the difference between a forecast/warning and a current weather report.

A quick look at a weather map would should a looming cyclone in the Bay of Bengal which will probable affect conditions in many parts of the country.

Edited by Old Croc

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Most know HH is one of the driest places in Thailand, what's annoying is that so many there want to talk about their local issues on the Phuket forum not their own.

I am so sorry i posted on a forum i am not supposed to,please forgive me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

I am so sorry i posted on a forum i am not supposed to,please forgive me.

Got it wrong again. You can post where ever you want. However, to avoid appearing foolish, you may wish to stay on subject and location.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Got it wrong again. You can post where ever you want. However, to avoid appearing foolish, you may wish to stay on subject and location.

Sorry i got it wrong AGAIN!What would i do without people like you to keep me on the straight and narrow.

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Sorry i got it wrong AGAIN!What would i do without people like you to keep me on the straight and narrow.

You could try to post in a sensible and accurate manner without all the little girl hissy fits.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

walking on the beach this morn , judging from the flotsam on the high tide mark seems like there was a very high tide last night.

large waves now in Kamala waves breaking on the road in front of the school

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

walking on the beach this morn , judging from the flotsam on the high tide mark seems like there was a very high tide last night.

large waves now in Kamala waves breaking on the road in front of the school

It's a full moon, that's why

• Like 1