Phuket study finds full Sinovac vaccination cuts infection rate by 83.3%

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Phuket Public Health Office, Vachira Phuket Hospital and Prince of Songkla University have carried out a study on the efficacy of the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccination in Phuket province, finding the treatment reduces infection by 83.3 percent.

Amazing Thailand.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It was noted that from the beginning of May 2021 to May 17, no new infections of COVID-19 were reported among those who had been vaccinated with both doses.

This is defiantly an advertising campaign for SINOVAC especially so when you get a story like this with plenty of facts and figures.

1 hour ago, pokerface1 said:

This is defiantly an advertising campaign for SINOVAC especially so when you get a story like this with plenty of facts and figures.

Of course, any real-life trial suddenly looks like an advertising of Chinese or Russian vaccine producers. Take care of your feelings! Read any Bloomberg or NYT article instead to bring back a good mood.

• Like 1

Just a friendly word of advice...be real careful about what you post or share about the vaccines in the public rollout.

According to a news story published yesterday (26 May) by Fabulous Pattaya News, the Thai government is really cracking down on social media posts that are critical of vaccines that will be included in the public rollout.

According to the news article, the government regards any negative remarks or sharing of such information as "contributing to social unrest".

As of yesterday, the report says that people are in fact being arrested, and that includes here in Chon Buri.  As of yesterday, 18 people are currently being investigated.

This is only from a  source that sort of has a history of inaccurate reporting, but it's probably still smart to be prudent in what you post and share on TVF about the vaccines included in the public rollout.

You can see the news story here at time-mark 0:58

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I take it the guy from Pang Nga that died after being vaccinated with Sinovac wasn't included in the study then?

Yesterday on the Thai news there was something about a young lady also dieing after recieving the sinovac injection.

I could be wrong though as when they speak too quick I don't understand everything said.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:48 PM, Freeduhdum said:

It's called Confirmation Bias... 

What a great example of confirmation bias... let's see the academic research paper maybe registered at Prince of Songkla University?

Research paper, yeah right- any research is more than likely plagiarised - - a completely normal and acceptable research method in LOS. 

• Like 1

The numbers posted in the OP were completely without context. Percentage efficacy, when you do not give the numbers of infected/not infected in the vaccinated/unvaccinated groups, is useless. Also one set of figures were derived over only a 14 day period. I suspect that the actual number of people infected in the study was rather small and therefore had low statistical probability.  95% confidence limits? Likely to be efficacy of between 5% and 81%? Who Knows?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, friendofthai said:

This is how the truth from the real life looks like. The truth that is free from Western propaganda. Thank you, China, for that wonderful vaccine!

To combat your hardy virus with!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, Phuketshrew said:

I take it the guy from Pang Nga that died after being vaccinated with Sinovac wasn't included in the study then?

Did they prove his death was vaccine related?

There are going to be adverse effects from any vaccines...and the Chinese are the safest one, as they are based on old and proven technology. As long as the serious adverse effects are rare, the benefits far outweigh them.

Norway just concluded their study of 155 people who died after the Pfizer jabs:

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1372

Don't expect to see this in the mainstream propaganda.

4 hours ago, gearbox said:

Did they prove his death was vaccine related?

There are going to be adverse effects from any vaccines...and the Chinese are the safest one, as they are based on old and proven technology. As long as the serious adverse effects are rare, the benefits far outweigh them.

Norway just concluded their study of 155 people who died after the Pfizer jabs:

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1372

Don't expect to see this in the mainstream propaganda.

I wonder why Thai elite doesnt want to have anything with CCP Vaccine they only ordering millions for ordinary Thais, you think they are not aware of mainstream media? Or they are advised by someone other, and btw if someone dies 30 minutes after Vaccination what would be your conclusion? You are welcome to take CCP Vaccine and i really wonder how many expats will take CCP Vaccine. If you talk with real Thai people they will reject CCP Vaccine all the way long because they SAW people dying from it and many of them, yes in Norway died 155 people but how many died in China? You think CCP will allow this data to public? Like they hidden everything from us until it was too late, and now we should believe that their Vaccine is succesful? Mainstream propaganda was and still is EVERYBODY DIED FROM COVID-19 , NOBODY DIES FROM VACCINE ????

Edited by NB1986

10 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

I wonder why Thai elite doesnt want to have anything with CCP Vaccine they only ordering millions for ordinary Thais, you think they are not aware of mainstream media? Or they are advised by someone other, and btw if someone dies 30 minutes after Vaccination what would be your conclusion? You are welcome to take CCP Vaccine and i really wonder how many expats will take CCP Vaccine. If you talk with real Thai people they will reject CCP Vaccine all the way long because they SAW people dying from it and many of them, yes in Norway died 155 people but how many died in China? You think CCP will allow this data to public? Like they hidden everything from us until it was too late, and now we should believe that their Vaccine is succesful? Mainstream propaganda was and still is EVERYBODY DIED FROM COVID-19 , NOBODY DIED FROM VACCINE ????

25 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

I wonder why Thai elite doesnt want to have anything with CCP Vaccine they only ordering millions for ordinary Thais, you think they are not aware of mainstream media? Or they are advised by someone other, and btw if someone dies 30 minutes after Vaccination what would be your conclusion? You are welcome to take CCP Vaccine and i really wonder how many expats will take CCP Vaccine. If you talk with real Thai people they will reject CCP Vaccine all the way long because they SAW people dying from it and many of them, yes in Norway died 155 people but how many died in China? You think CCP will allow this data to public? Like they hidden everything from us until it was too late, and now we should believe that their Vaccine is succesful? Mainstream propaganda was and still is EVERYBODY DIED FROM COVID-19 , NOBODY DIES FROM VACCINE ????

The Sinovac vaccine uses the very-well-proven technique of using an inactivated virus as the vaccine.  It is totally impossible for this vaccine to give you Covid-19 - it is an inert (dead) virus.  That being said, an immune reaction in your body is effective 'tricking' the body's immune system into thinking that a real virus has infected your body, and so the immune system reacts to this.  In some rare cases, that reaction can be serious, hence the instances where people actually die after receiving a vaccination.

Although I received an AZ jab here in Laos, I have no concerns about any vaccine created using an inert virus - I believe the Russian Sputnik vaccine uses the same process.