Siam Bioscience’s AstraZeneca Vaccine Passes Quality Inspection

webfact

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'd rather see the inspection by AstraZeneca  themselves.

Or are they directly overseeing production and QC?

I agree as well with the inspections being done by AZ themselves. Who in Thailand is qualified to inspect? They need more information in the statement as to how they inspect. Is their AZ staff that are quality controllers in the medical field? This is AZ's process so I hope they are involved. 

For those of you who have had the virus and recovered, and get the vaccine, I just read about a study conducted at Rockefeller University in New York that says such people may have immunity for life and not need any booster shots in the future. Apparently the way a person's natural immune system works makes the vaccine much more effective. Much more so than a person who has not had the virus but gets the vaccine.

So those of you who have had the virus and recovered, get vaccinated !!!

Immunity to the Coronavirus May Persist for Years, Scientists Find - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Edited by WingFat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, multatuli said:

what's your source?

It was in the Bangkok Post on 9th May, but I don't think we are allowed to provide links to that newspaper on this site.

Here is a paragraph from the article:

Samples from test batches of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Siam Bioscience have passed quality testing at AstraZeneca's designated laboratories in Europe and the United States, the company announced on Sunday.

In a press release, James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd said:

"We have seen a series of significant and promising progress in AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine development in Thailand during the past weeks. First, the Thai Food and Drug Administration approved Siam Bioscience as a manufacturing facility for COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca. Last week, the samples of COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca made by Siam Bioscience passed the full tests the standard set by the Department of Medicial Sciences (DMS) for requirements such as chemical composition and safety.

"And today, I am happy to be able to inform you that the samples from the test batches of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Siam Bioscience had passed the quality testing at AstraZeneca's designated laboratories in Europe and in the U.S. 

"These significant progresses mean that we are getting closer to deliver the first batch of the vaccine to the government of Thailand."

Or Google "Siam Bioscience produced AstraZeneca vaccine passes quality testing."

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

once they have more manufacturing experience or have streamlined the process.

Interesting to see the quoteabout needing more manufacturing experience. This means that they yet to get up to full speed. The various LOT sizes indicates that not all production runs are going smoothly and some rejects are occurring.

Streamlining the process, which will have been fully validated by Astra Zeneca, is the biggest cause for concern, as this means they will try to bypass on some of the validated steps. Again, brown envelopes springs to mind!

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Slightly off topic, but a similar scenario - remember the Koh Tao murders when the British Police were invited to help, and when they got here, they were told they were just there in  "an observer capacity"?

Maybe there are people from Astra Zeneca here in a similar capacity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bstafford214 said:

I agree as well with the inspections being done by AZ themselves. Who in Thailand is qualified to inspect? They need more information in the statement as to how they inspect. Is their AZ staff that are quality controllers in the medical field? This is AZ's process so I hope they are involved. 

Maybe Anutin is "engineering" the inspections - God forbid!

This article says absolutely nothing. I mean: should I trust on it just because they say so? Anyway what does it means passed quality inspection? Does it means that the vaccine is sure and that it won't have any harmful effects at all? Ok if it so, that's fine, good. Therefore we'll no longer have to sign any consent form at the time of vaccination. 

So it is "The Dept of Medical Science"  holding things up ? 

Approval given months ago for samples sent to  AZ in the UK & the US but the local Government Dept's have to hold things up for how long?

Obvious  trust in farang QC is not great.

Next The Transport Dept will want to test fly all new aircraft deliveries , What a joke !!!

Stalling tactics at it's absolute best !!!

Given the interconnections and conflicts of interest, can you even trust any of the local governmental authorities?

Anymore that's a valid question. Prayut, Anutin, and SiamBS are getting so much flack and yet collectively wield immense power to politically protect those whom must never ever lose face.
Are the regulators actually free of cohesion to actually regulate? Is Thailand suddenly free of all corruption?  What will actually be in the first few million vials given the apparent shortages and public backlash? Saline for sure and the rest of the juice?
What I do believe is that the public has lost confidence in those running the show, and those running the show seem to be in a panic.  Given the conflicts of interest in this country and I'd say all bets are off.  At least that's my view from the ground knowing the Thais that I know.

Without elaborating, there should have never been a conflict of interest of this magnitude when it comes to regional and global public health.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, fdsa said:

exactly, If the vaccine was not inspected by Astrazeneca themselves it could mean that the vaccine was inspected by the brown envelope.

AZ have already approved SB facility and product

On 5/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, bluesofa said:

I would like to see a completely independent authority with no ties to the Thai ruling elite or AstraZeneca overseeing production and quality control.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, fdsa said:

exactly, If the vaccine was not inspected by Astrazeneca themselves it could mean that the vaccine was inspected by the brown envelope.

It's regrettable that we never hear from AstraZeneca about their role in this local operation, if any. It's just another example of AstraZeneca's lack of candidness and transparency.

.. 'He said, normally, the manufacturer sends a smaller batch of about 1 million to 2 million doses for inspection first, and then increases this to 2.5 million to 3 million doses per batch'... 

Hmmm... They really send millions of samples for test?...if so, no wonder why no vaccines for distribution 555

Or rather translation issue... 

1 hour ago, placnx said:

It's regrettable that we never hear from AstraZeneca about their role in this local operation, if any. It's just another example of AstraZeneca's lack of candidness and transparency.

That's untrue. Many of the articles about the local AstraZeneca vaccine production (including some already referenced in this thread) contain quotations from the AstraZeneca head representative here, Mr James Teague.

Here's an example (there are many more):

"James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd., said: “We have seen a series of significant and promising progress in AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine development in Thailand during the past weeks."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000689 

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:21 AM, grantbkk said:

Live in Bangkok and have been offered Sinovac no less than 3 times by private organizations.  Hard pass. Said I will wait for the real stuff. that always brought laughter.  Each time they said it was a good idea to wait for Monerna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson. I feel exactly the same about the locally produced AZ. Has anyone seen a picture of the production facility?

It's great to hear that the Siam Biotech /AZ vaccine has passed its latest hurdles.   And for doubters, be assured that AZ would not allow its name to be associated with substandard product or production facilities.   

On 5/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, grantbkk said:

Live in Bangkok and have been offered Sinovac no less than 3 times by private organizations.  Hard pass. Said I will wait for the real stuff. that always brought laughter.  Each time they said it was a good idea to wait for Monerna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson. I feel exactly the same about the locally produced AZ. Has anyone seen a picture of the production facility?

You could get Sinovac now and get Moderna or Pfizer end of this year or early next year when they are available.  That would give you probably 50% protection while waiting for the real stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

You could get Sinovac now and get Moderna or Pfizer end of this year or early next year when they are available.  That would give you probably 50% protection while waiting for the real stuff. 

What is your view of the Real Stuff pray tell, or are you saying that Moderna and Pfizer are the real stuff you would be waiting for.  Not very clear