Vaccination of foreigners. What now?

Oxx

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Who wants the sinovac anyhow. not me, I 'll wait for the moderna jab from private hospital.

Yeah but how long will people have to wait?

Ever heard of the cliche 

Justice delayed 

Justice denied?

Well arguably that could be applied to vaccines. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oxx said:

The government has changed tack and shifted the responsibility for registering for vaccination to individual provinces.  Presumably that means that the promised application for foreigners to register for vaccination has now been abandoned.

????

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

I'm waiting for Godot vaccine.... that's my choice. Should be here any time now.....

I am with you here, also waiting and (forlornly) hoping for the promise of the Waiting for Godot vaccine.  It seems to be a fitting dream for us who still cling to any fragments of hope in this mad 21st century. 

What would Beckett do?

-Zenwind. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

Imagine posting your post on a US-based Thai-expat forum for Thais in California. 

You'd be able to hear the howls of indignation and yells of "Racism" from North Hollywood all the way to your condo in Thailand.

Foreigners (including Thais) in the United States are in the same lines as US citizens all for the public good.  Here in Thailand, foreigners are at the back of the line behind Thais to placate the public's xenophobia.

That is unfair. The general Thai public are not xenophobic and I have been here 38 years so should know. There are some elements of Thai society that are , that is true. Unfortunately since the coup the government ministers have frequently displayed their own xenophobic tendencies and hence it manifests itself in covid vaccinations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Try here if you don't mind (better than nothing) Sinovac

https://aigenesis.biz/intervac/

Is this a legit site?

Looks very official and I registered but now I am thinking it could be a scam....

The gmail-adress seems to be a thing for Thai authorities. This is from the main website of Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health.

image.png.a7866b978f8054bf59e95126db356634.png

Edited by CLW
added screenshot
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

That is unfair. The general Thai public are not xenophobic and I have been here 38 years so should know. There are some elements of Thai society that are , that is true. Unfortunately since the coup the government ministers have frequently displayed their own xenophobic tendencies and hence it manifests itself in covid vaccinations.

I don't think Xenophobia is just black or white/you are/you aren't. It can be measured in "Degrees of" and Thailand is "quite." (Just 23 years here....) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zenwind said:

I am with you here, also waiting and (forlornly) hoping for the promise of the Waiting for Godot vaccine.  It seems to be a fitting dream for us who still cling to any fragments of hope in this mad 21st century. 

What would Beckett do?

-Zenwind. 

She would ask Castle ????

8 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

https://vaccinecovid19.cra.ac.th/VaccineCOVID19Content/content/home

This is where i registered i am waiting for them.to send me a message for the appointmemt . 

You'll have a bit of a wait.  They don't actually have any vaccines at all at the moment.  They're planning on bypassing the government and ordering directly from vaccine manufacturers.  (They can only get away with that because the institution was founded by someone highly revered.)  It's unclear whether overseas manufacturers are willing to deal with non-government organisations.

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

You'll have a bit of a wait.  They don't actually have any vaccines at all at the moment.  They're planning on bypassing the government and ordering directly from vaccine manufacturers.  (They can only get away with that because the institution was founded by someone highly revered.)  It's unclear whether overseas manufacturers are willing to deal with non-government organisations.

I don't mind to wait as long as i am registered and in the system then i am in front of people waitning and doing nothing . 

9 hours ago, Saltire said:

I live out in the sticks and so far the only activity in the province was a call for Thai-only who want the vaccine to register at the local clinic. Nothing has been heard since, and that was at least a month ago. It excluded migrant workers here of which there are many. Latest is I can register in June but have no clue where.

Nothing to do but be patient until they get around to us.

All you need to is get off your chuff and register at the nearest or biggest hospital. Don't wait until someone comes to you 

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

Is that just speculation on your part, or can you provide a recent link to worry us even more?

I believe that the  OP made a reasonable statement because it takes into consideration the worldwide shortage of vaccines And;

- Moderna is unable to fulfill its existing contract orders. 

- Pfizer has standing production obligations to countries who put up the money  a year ago,

- Oxford vaccine licensed through Astra Zeneca will produce once the plant is operational. South Korea is the principal producer of the vaccine for the region and other countries despite claims that Thailand is. It is South Korea which has produced the vaccine for international needs after India suspended exports despite being paid upfront.  There may be a flood of unused inventory from western countries, but pressure is on the USA, EU, Canada to donate surplus to India and Covax. Thailand is not a member of Covax.

- Sputnik vaccines are not being delivered in the quantities promised

All that is left are Chinese vaccines. Most of the Chinese vaccines are not acceptable in much of the world because their safety and effectiveness are not proven. China is not having much of a vaccine roll out in its own population with its own vaccines and that is an indication of their worth, yes?

Maybe  private parties will be able to access Chine sourced vaccine, but I think it will be  many months before anyone sees Moderna or Pfizer quality products in Thailand. The companies  prefer to deal with governments, not private distributors and require transparency in the process and money paid up front.  

I do not expect Pfizer to accommodate Thailand when Thailand permits  counterfeit Pfizer products to be sold on street corners.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

Imagine posting your post on a US-based Thai-expat forum for Thais in California. 

You'd be able to hear the howls of indignation and yells of "Racism" from North Hollywood all the way to your condo in Thailand.

Foreigners (including Thais) in the United States are in the same lines as US citizens all for the public good.  Here in Thailand, foreigners are at the back of the line behind Thais to placate the public's xenophobia.

I never singled out 1 nation. Big difference! You are comparing the most powerful nation in the world to Thailand.  The USA has the resources and Thailand does not.  

As for your angry and racist comments about Thais being xenophobic, it isn't worth debating.  Get a grip and chill. 

In the end, IMO foreigners will be vacinated with Thais with minor delays. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

From what I understand they are trying to import the Sinopharm vaccine (not to be mistaken with the Sinovac) so it might take some time until it arrives here.

How many times must we register?  I have registered and re-registered with Bumrungrad many times.  I have confirmed my contact information with them many times. They have always said that they will notify me when a vaccination is available but I have heard nothing.  In the meantime, I read of foreigners scheduled for vaccinations in early June.  Must I also register with the new government list that just opened today?  How can I know whether a registration is valid or not?  I am a 78-year-old man with a heart condition so am in the most vulnerable cohort.  

I have contacted Bumrungrad 4-5 times and the answer is always that I will be notified.  With the growth in the number of infections in Bangkok, I am ready to pack an overnight bag and flee to America.  The lack of dependable information has me very worried.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dick Z said:

My Thai wife registered on three different sites and has two appointments. Many people will do this, so the one million probably includes many double or triple registrations and I don't know if they will correct for that. She will go to the first appointment and take me to the second, let's see what happens....

This is correct - there are many "fake appointments" - as my wife puts it. She works on the mor prom call center each evening, and all saturadays. I don't think they are accepting new registrations now.  It seems they are going to be doign followups and vaccine certification from now on. It seems its being left up to the provinces to organsise vaccinations now. 

Lampang got over 200K registrations - because the province officials registered people without even asking them. lol. So there are a lot of excess registrations. perhaps there will not be such a vaccine shortage as we think. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Who wants the sinovac anyhow. not me, I 'll wait for the moderna jab from private hospital.

When the vaccine is available for non-Thais it is quite possible the AstraZenaca vaccine will be an option if available. The AstraZenaca vaccine is supported by Chiang Mai Public Health.

12 hours ago, atpeace said:

They are prioritizing getting people vaccinated. English speaking foreigners are a fraction of 1% of the people that need to be vaccinated.  Don't think they are ignoring us and they will get around to us as time allows.  Sucks to be us at the moment but life isn't always fair.  

Also, are you sure you can't register?  In Buriram,  it seems foreigners were registering in "Thai".  I'm not sure and would like to hear from some that have registered.

I just want this to end and be free to travel or drink a beer in a crowd.

Registration is now possible in Chiang Mai at chiangmaihealth.go.th

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

Is that just speculation on your part, or can you provide a recent link to worry us even more?

Actually it is a very fluid situation, and I can attest from personal knowledge that it is definitely impossible to make an educated guess beyond a 2 week time frame.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

If you qualified (Over 60 +/or one of seven listed illnesses) and were on the target list send to Government by the hospitals.

Quote: Hospitals have uploaded 16 million targeted names. Those who do not find their names in the system will not be able to register.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210429140959140

Individuals, non-Thais, in Chiang Mai can register at chiangmaihealth.go.th

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I also registered using Mor Prom and have an appointment for 7 June at the public hospital, but I thought I read that foreigners cannot use that as it is for Thai's only.

Anyone have a clear understanding of the above ?

Sorry, more prom is now defunct.  Registration has been relegated to the individual provinces. I suggest you contact the local public health department in your province.

• Thanks 1

How many times must we register?  I have registered and re-registered with Bumrungrad many times.  I have confirmed my contact information with them many times. They have always said that they will notify me when a vaccination is available but I have heard nothing.  In the meantime, I read of foreigners scheduled for vaccinations in early June.  Must I also register with the new government list that just opened today?  How can I know whether a registration is valid or not?  I am a 78-year-old man with a heart condition so am in the most vulnerable cohort.  

I have contacted Bumrungrad 4-5 times and the answer is always that I will be notified.  With the growth in the number of infections in Bangkok, I am ready to pack an overnight bag and flee to America.  The lack of dependable information has me very worried.

• Like 1