PM reassures every Thai they will be vaccinated against COVID-19 this year

webfact

Well if young low risk Thais are getting vaccinated before elderly at risk foreigners then there NEEDS to be an argument mate. What's the latest, is it still ALL Thais, then foreigners then the beggars and homeless, or has that changed this week?

23 minutes ago, ding said:

The statement makes sense. The situation is mercurial and it's rational to not be cemented into a bureaucratic plan that turns out to be bad

Wow.

This must be one of the side-effects of too much Yellow Kool-Aid.

The PM and his regime have nothing but bureaucratic plans. You know, a twenty-year plan.

He's easily ordered the formaiton of thousands of committees. Including four just for vaccines.

But oh no, when plans go wrong now it's time to be flexible, and move like a cat, and adjust.

Sheesh, minions can defend/rationalize anything.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

The U. S. of A. Has such an abundance of vaccines that they don’t even want to bother approving AZ and are slow walking it. How about our Thai government picking up the phone and asking for some help. Oh sorry, loss of face, my bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well now we know .... false claims are not an issue, because that will not happen.

Come on now.  After reading this I am feeling so secure and reassured everything he says will happen as he says it will. Uhh

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

"I'm alright Jack!" He's ok, he's had his jab. The guy should've followed the tradition of the captain of a sinking ship being the last to leave. If he'd chosen to be the last to be vaccinated, that might have reassured a lot of people that there was some substance to his assurances.

Prayut would not risk, to have to let the other clowns take over, if he should be infected with Covid.

• Like 1

Does this new plan supersede the "70% of population vaccinated by September".

Based on that plan, and 2.2million (as of 26th May) have received the first dose and 94 days remaining, they have to vaccinate 497,000 per day, every day, until end of August...and that's just 1st dose. Second dose time pressure will start to impact these numbers even more...

Did Cha Cha just realize the folly of this plan and extend the date?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

He did not say anything about fully vaccinated - so maybe he just mean 1st jab and not including the second.

But I still think that Thailand cannot vaccinate 375.000 pr day (every day) until Christmas.

But considering Thailand only has 2 vaccine choices at the moment, I think more than 40% will wait until Pfizer becomes available.

So maybe the Government is aiming for 200.000 pr day - and maybe that could work

I should work for TAT

If Phuket is anything to go by, “vaccinated” will mean one jab and done. They claim 50% done in Phuket, but it’s mostly just one jab.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Well if young low risk Thais are getting vaccinated before elderly at risk foreigners then there NEEDS to be an argument mate. What's the latest, is it still ALL Thais, then foreigners then the beggars and homeless, or has that changed this week?

He specifically said “all Thais” will be vaccinated by the end of the year. Can’t be clearer than that.

No farang.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevefronter said:

Better get a move on then. That’s about 750,000 jabs a day starting 1st June.

Absolutely no chance.

UK is only averaging around 500,000 a day and that’s with a lot of practice and organisation.

One reason is that the UK (823/100000) also has about 4x mas many nurses per head of population the Thailand (275/100000). Even if there are enough vaccines, they just don't have the nursing staff to do massive numbers of vaccinations. My wife, who is a RN but not working in a hospital, has also been doing vaccinations (about 100 a day for her). The staff are stretched petty thin. 

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

He specifically said “all Thais” will be vaccinated by the end of the year. Can’t be clearer than that.

No farang.

He is adressing Thai press, and it is Thais who he is referring to. Why would he mention foreign vaccinations to Thai people? Even so, he should ahve said "all people / all Thais who want a vaccine, will have one by the end of the year". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwampyThai said:

12 doses of vaccine per vial despite the official recommendation that there is only enough formula for 10 in each, now I wonder what country's have thought about doing that ????????????

What's next - water it down to make it go further, or am I giving them ideas

11 minutes ago, DavisH said:

He is adressing Thai press, and it is Thais who he is referring to. Why would he mention foreign vaccinations to Thai people? Even so, he should ahve said "all people / all Thais who want a vaccine, will have one by the end of the year". 

He could have said a lot of things. If his mind set was right, he would have referred to the population of Thailand, or, all those living in Thailand, or all the people in Thailand.

the comment is revealing for the mind set behind it.

btw, there are no “foreign” vaccinations. There are people (human beings) living in Thailand who require vaccination. This is a health issue, not a nationalistic issue.

26 minutes ago, DavisH said:

One reason is that the UK (823/100000) also has about 4x mas many nurses per head of population the Thailand (275/100000). Even if there are enough vaccines, they just don't have the nursing staff to do massive numbers of vaccinations. My wife, who is a RN but not working in a hospital, has also been doing vaccinations (about 100 a day for her). The staff are stretched petty thin. 

Well the good news is that the mass vaccination starting in June (3 days time) was announced in March this year, or even before that. So lots of people will have been trained to administer the jabs between then and now.

so provided there is enough vaccine, the planning and preparation that have been done over the last few months will take it from there.

Please tell me I’m right.

• Haha 2