Thai govt reaffirms mass vaccinations to begin on June 7, enough doses for everyone

webfact

5 hours ago, BirdsandBooze said:

I registered with the help of my doctor. I'm due to be vaccinated at the small local hospital. No charge. If Moderna isn't available they said I'd receive AZ instead.

That's great. It's pretty easy to get a vaccine it seems, if you just make a few inquiries. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I registered last Wednesday, I received a phone call on Friday to collect my appointment card on Saturdy, I did so and have an appointment for my vaccination at Hua Hin Hospital on 7 June, I'm British.

How did you register?

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

My take on the announcement is  ...For those who have registered ...there is enough vaccine to start the rollout.

We shall see, bu I wouldnt hold my breath.  Everyday another twist and turn.  Who can one truly believe until the vaccine is in the arm.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I would like to know what Siam Biosciences production capacity is... it's a manufacturing facility so they must have daily/weekly/monthly capacity figures.

They must know what they can produce in what time-frame.

Exactly!!!! I would expect that as we so close to 7th June

We would have ddily progress reports.

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We shall see, bu I wouldnt hold my breath.  Everyday another twist and turn.  Who can one truly believe until the vaccine is in the arm.

Prayut did put up with a strong statement on May 8 on vaccine procurement.

Sinovac - 3.5 million by June

AZ - 6 million in June and 10 million/month for remaining of the year

Pfizer - 10-20 million June to Dec

Sputnik V - 1 million in June and 19 million July-Dec

Also we got a million Sinopharm in June.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2112115/pm-eyes-huge-vaccine-stockpile

Let see if he gets egg on his face again.  

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That's great. It's pretty easy to get a vaccine it seems, if you just make a few inquiries. 

The delusion contained in that statement is breathtaking. Can you perform some simple arithmetic by dividing the number of vaccines known to have been delivered and available by the number of people in Thailand that would benefit from being vaccinated… then divide by 2 . Still with me…? 

9 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I registered last Wednesday, I received a phone call on Friday to collect my appointment card on Saturdy, I did so and have an appointment for my vaccination at Hua Hin Hospital on 7 June, I'm British.

Where did you register? On mor prom? Do you have a tax ID or a pink card? 

I'll try to say this in a general way.......

some people i talk to think the will DIE after two days if the inside of their body cannot handle a certain vaccine.  they all want to wait for a vaccine from another place.

i don't argue....i listen, say OK, wonder how they got this information, and move on.

but i have heard many people say they are afraid of a certain vaccine.  

we will know soon enough

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Can anyone else confirm if they have been able to get an appointment for an actual vaccine?
This sounds too good to be true I've heard a lot of expats have registered but didn't get an appointment but didn't get an appointment to vaccine.
Are you over 60 to get the AZ vaccine?

I have an appointment for July 1st at my local hospital (Rajaveh, Chiang Mai).  Called in today to check that it was still valid, given the almost daily differing information, and was told it was OK and to return at the allotted time.  The hospital is busy registering those over 60 at the moment.  Amusingly, no-one there seems to have seen anyone with an actual appointment!  I'm told to expect AZ, which is fine by me.  I'm way over 60.

Edited by Greenside

I hope that the authorities and all the media testimonials for this mass vaccination will also take political, social and judicial responsibility for this decision.

Let us remember that many experts, whom the media and entertainment system does not let us hear, say unheard that mass vaccination creates more cases and probably also variants of the virus, strengthening it.

When you go for vaccination and they make you sign a paper, read well what it says about responsibility.

Even with 3 highly acclaimed vaccines in the arms of over two thirds of the population, and a high natural immunity rate due to widespread infection over two real waves, UK is struggling to contain an emerging third wave.  Unfortunately, Thailand will need to achieve 80% plus inoculation and will still need social distancing in order to return to some form of normality.  Right now, Bangkok needs a complete lockdown.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

some people i talk to think the will DIE after two days if the inside of their body cannot handle a certain vaccine. 

Ya, no need to worry, we're months and months from getting within sniffing distance of any vaccine.

How hard is it to contact the largest Government Hospital in your province and have a bi-lingual, native Thai speaker find out what you need and where you go to sign up? I realize Buriram has made it easy for expats, but instead of guessing you can contact your local Government Hospital. I'll give you a clue., Vaccines and other crucial drugs to not get moved by Kerry or Flash or DHL. There are real procedures in place to move significant numbers of does later this week in Thailand. It is highly organized to transport vaccines. It is highly organized to move any prescription medicine to a hospital in Thailand. June 7th is real. It might only be AstraZeneca at the Government Hospitals for a first shot on June 7th, but you can double check. Last Wednesday, when I received my first shot of Sinovac in Buriram at the Chang International Circuit Racetrack (administered and controlled by the Buriram Provincial Government Hospital Staff) there was never any doubt they had only Sinovac that day. Before I filled out a single form they said "Sinovac". I said OK. 

I personally know six people in Buriram who have received BOTH courses of the Sinovac as of today with no side effects. You make your choice, but do NOT sell short the rollout and availability on June 7th of the vaccine to those people who have signed up. I am an exception to just walk in early in the day, (but not the only exception that day) last week and receive the vaccine shot the same day due to only my patience and luck. Not my good looks or charm.   Next week I know AstraZeneca will be a choice in Buriram for first shot patients. This is a nationwide distribution with hundreds of trucks rolling this weekend. Be safe, but please do not complain on line. We are all adults who somehow made it on a flight to Thailand and out of the airport. 

Edited by kamalabob2