Twenty two provinces are now white with no Covid cases at all - only four in red

webfact

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Saraburi between 11 -50 ? With HUNDREDS announced in the CP factory alone ? Its a farce as usual.

Nothing to do with missing provinces as you claimed they are all listed. What you are arguing about are the reported figures. completely different subject.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can't believe Chiang Mai has gone from thousands of cases to ZERO cases in less than a month.

This just isn't reasonable.

And if there are ZERO cases why aren't they serving alcohol in restaurants, why aren't all the entertainment venues open, why can't I use my local swimming pool?

Probably because they want to keep it at zero.

People can't be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Dragging random people off the street? 

This one. Well not the dragging part, obviously.

With one million health care volunteers this would be relitviely simple to do.

Random sampling, and pooled sampling, are part of the accepted monitoring process.

But I guess you're saying that unless someone presents with symptoms we should assume there is no local infections, or transmissions. Seems stupid, but I'm sure it makes sense to someone.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

So, if all the track and trace from previous infections has been completed and no one else is complaining of Covid symptoms, who should they be testing?

Dragging random people off the street? 

Going into people homes who have been self isolating and demanding that they report to their local hospital immediately for testing?

No need to express your view in such an alarmist manner.

They should at least conduct some testing even without reported symptoms or suspected contact with infected people.  The sampling should include those whose work/travels exposes them to larger groups of people in closer than normal contact.  Factories and markets should be considered for "random" testing.  That is where the risk of undetected infections are higher.  Just think of it as an over the horizon radar system.  Early warning is more much effective warning for containment of extremely transmissible infections.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can't believe Chiang Mai has gone from thousands of cases to ZERO cases in less than a month.

And if there are ZERO cases why aren't they serving alcohol in restaurants, why aren't all the entertainment venues open, why can't I use my local swimming pool?

Perhaps for your personal safety, live a healthy life with no alcohol and not fill your belly with polluted products and don't drown in the pool   and run in the meadows and always stay healthy and happy.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

That is exactly the situation.

But I think it will be too complex for the  " Thailand doesn't test" mob to figure out you point.

People with symptoms are being tested.

The other thing to bear in mind is that not only are people with symptoms being tested, but all of their contacts are being traced and tested.  Furthermore, their movements are published in the local press and social media pages and all those whose movements coincide with their timelines are being urged to come in for testing as well.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't eat out without alcohol being served, I like alcohol with every cooked meal (including breakfast).

Don't really understand the reasoning of no alcohol with my meal, my mask is already off to eat, so where is the extra risk?

@ICELANDMAN

Don't really understand those who don't want to get drunk, take drugs and bang hookers every day either. They must be as miserable as the people living in our home countries, I'd rather be dead..

@GroveHillWanderer

As for testing, I'm not prepared to pay for a stay in COVID prison, so I not only avoid testing, but I avoid any tracking or tracing of my movements, pauses at the QR code with my phone off for a second, then enter.

I see that you do not want to follow the advice or rather the order of the PM, you risk not receiving the extension if you persist in your "bad habits" if you are caught drinking outside the home. This is the new reality, do you think it will change in the future? I have many doubts ....

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't eat out without alcohol being served, I like alcohol with every cooked meal (including breakfast). So far the restaurants at Huay Tung Tao have lost out on around 1,000bht/week for me and my family not eating because I couldn't have alcohol with my meal.

But how much has the corner grocery store gained?

Maybe Thailand isn't the best country for you...being a Buddhist country, you're lucky it's served at all. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There are not zero cases.....six today.

And on 19th May..

Woman temporarily paralised after second Sinovac dose,

27 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe Thailand isn't the best country for you...being a Buddhist country, you're lucky it's served at all. 

What Buddhist country doesn't serve alcohol ?...... are you thinking of Muslims    P.Spotter

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

What Buddhist country doesn't serve alcohol ?...... are you thinking of Muslims    P.Spotter

I don't know of any off-hand, as Buddhism teaches following a "middle w,ay" and generally doesn't seek to force ideas/behaviors on people. However, substances that cloud the mind and interfere with clear thinking are frowned upon.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1