Twenty two provinces are now white with no Covid cases at all - only four in red

webfact

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe Thailand isn't the best country for you...being a Buddhist country, you're lucky it's served at all. 

Next you'll be telling me because it's a Buddhist country there are no prostitutes in Pattaya.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I can't believe Chiang Mai has gone from thousands of cases to ZERO cases in less than a month.

This just isn't reasonable.

And if there are ZERO cases why aren't they serving alcohol in restaurants, why aren't all the entertainment venues open, why can't I use my local swimming pool?

Chiang Mai had 6 people with positive Covid tests today.
              https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/

Why aren't gyms open (possibly enforce mask use and limit people) and swimming pools?

Why not have alcohol in restaurants?

I would keep WarmUp, Riverside, Tha Chang, and GoodView closed for a bit longer though.

• Like 2

Chiang Mai, white zone?

Sadly three more people have reportedly died from the virus, bringing the total number of deaths in Chiang Mai since the start of the pandemic to 23.

5 hours ago, RobMuir said:

That is exactly the situation.

But I think it will be too complex for the  " Thailand doesn't test" mob to figure out you point.

People with symptoms are being tested.

Minuscule numbers. Just not the incentive when you know you’ll be locked up. Cmon fellas, you’re not that naive?

Japan, eg, is all over Thailand and has significant stats. Thailand will not overcome this until it wakes up, mass tests, is transparent with numbers and treats its people with dignity. 

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Minuscule numbers. Just not the incentive when you know you’ll be locked up. Cmon fellas, you’re not that naive?

Japan, eg, is all over Thailand and has significant stats. Thailand will not overcome this until it wakes up, mass tests, is transparent with numbers and treats its people with dignity. 

Well go and get yourself tested then. Do it for Thailand. 

You want random people with no symptoms who have had no contact with any positive cases?

You go.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

White: No cases reported: Chiang Mai, Phatthalung, Ubon, Chaiyaphum, Lamphun, Lampang, Phichit,Nakhon Phanom, Trat, Nan, Sukhothai, Phayao, Loei, Phrae, Uttaradit, Chainat, Phangnga, Amnat Charoen, Mae Hong Son, Mukdahan and Satun. 

6 cases in Phitchit, Uttaradit yesterday - so not true. ????

2 minutes ago, starky said:

Welcome to TVF......there's only like a million threads referencing alcohol, the service of, hours you can buy it, what's the cheapest, why can't I buy it, can I on this day?, yadda yadda ad nauseum. It's not just the be all and end all of the pandemic it's the be all and end all of their very existence apparently. 

My thoughts exactly...but it was a Covid thread so...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't know of any off-hand, as Buddhism teaches following a "middle w,ay" and generally doesn't seek to force ideas/behaviors on people. However, substances that cloud the mind and interfere with clear thinking are frowned upon.

Frowning at what other people do should be frowned upon.

4 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Frowning at what other people do should be frowned upon.

How far do you take your philosophy...taking/selling narcotics, sexual harassment/bullying, pedophilia? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

How far do you take your philosophy...taking/selling narcotics, sexual harassment/bullying, pedophilia? 

You just crossed the line. TV dose not need such vile retoric. Do yourself a favor by removing it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Amazing the serving of alcohol ???? is the be all and end all of so many member's pandemic loss.

even more amazing is how much more deadly, drinking beer is, compared to drinking coke !

Such a "deadly" virus obviously knows the difference and acts accordingly,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

My thoughts exactly...but it was a Covid thread so...

still waiting for someone to explain properly how drinking coke in a restaurant is supposed to be safe, yet change the coke to a beer, and suddenly it becomes dangerous ?

Surely, if someone in the restaurant is infected , then its immaterial what you eat or drink ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Let's talk about the impact of Songkran again, shall we? 

ahh Songkran ?

The one that people on here said, "give a few weeks and see the numbers rise to the thousands" :?

That didnt work out either, did it

Still only around 2 a day dying from possibly Covid, while hundreds die from other causes 

1 hour ago, starky said:

Welcome to TVF......there's only like a million threads referencing alcohol, the service of, hours you can buy it, what's the cheapest, why can't I buy it, can I on this day?, yadda yadda ad nauseum. It's not just the be all and end all of the pandemic it's the be all and end all of their very existence apparently. 

Sad isn't it, they are starting to sound like these doomsayer talking about Covid and fanciful numbers that mean little, but give them a feeling of superiority to keep mentioning , while ignoring the thousands of deaths from other causes 

10 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

still waiting for someone to explain properly how drinking coke in a restaurant is supposed to be safe, yet change the coke to a beer, and suddenly it becomes dangerous ?

Surely, if someone in the restaurant is infected , then its immaterial what you eat or drink ?

I couldbe wrong but I think the premis was more people are likely to go and gather etc with alchohol present than they would with soft drinks. Just a theory.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

People drinking Coke dont tend to think they can sing, dance, are attractive to the opposite sex, hug each other etc.

I dont know that people have 6-8 cokes and sit around for hours telling stories and arguing.

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Sad isn't it, they are starting to sound like these doomsayer talking about Covid and fanciful numbers that mean little, but give them a feeling of superiority to keep mentioning , while ignoring the thousands of deaths from other causes 

Ah yes the comparing deaths to deaths argument...im sympathetic to that argument even used it myself ...oh but 77 die on the roads on Thailand a day...but now the deaths from covid outnumber that and we have nearly 4000 cases a day meanwhile India has a 150 000 cases a day and 4000 deaths every day with no end in sight so the argument holds very little water until we are out the other side ....then we can compare numbers if you wish 

Edited by starky

Just now, starky said:

Ah yes the comparing deaths to deaths argument...im sympathetic to that argument even used it myself ...oh but 77 die on the roads on Thailand a day...but now the deaths from covid outnumber that and we have nearly 4000 cases a day meanwhile India has so many cases and so many deaths every day with no end in sight so the argument holds very little water until we are out the other side ....

Confused 

You say we have nearly 4,000 deaths a day from Covid, in Thailand ?

India again, a different country, different lifestyle different culture, so no comparison is there ?

Do you see dead bodied floating down the Mekon, How many people per toilet in Thailand, compared to India ?

How many people living in slum conditions, with no fresh water and toilet factifies . compared to Thailand 

16 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

even more amazing is how much more deadly, drinking beer is, compared to drinking coke !

Such a "deadly" virus obviously knows the difference and acts accordingly,

Too bad that the members don't have a clue or pretend not to know why they banned alcohol. I really think that a large portion of the members are addicted to alcohol and take any opportunity to complain about the fact that its not available.

Ill give you the reason one more time, people who drink lose inhibitions and don't follow the social distancing rules. That does not happen when your drinking coke, unless you add alcohol. Alcohol is a social lubricant a hard drug it really makes people behave different and not in a good way. 

Combine that in a indoor bar and you got a recipe for covid spread. They came to the conclusion to close bars in almost all countries in the world so perhaps its time to review your opinion. This is not a Thai thing its a logics thing.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Too bad that the members don't have a clue or pretend not to know why they banned alcohol. I really think that a large portion of the members are addicted to alcohol and take any opportunity to complain about the fact that its not available.

Ill give you the reason one more time, people who drink lose inhibitions and don't follow the social distancing rules. That does not happen when your drinking coke, unless you add alcohol. Alcohol is a social lubricant a hard drug it really makes people behave different and not in a good way. 

Combine that in a indoor bar and you got a recipe for covid spread. They came to the conclusion to close bars in almost all countries in the world so perhaps its time to review your opinion. This is not a Thai thing its a logics thing.

Thanks

Now i will ask one more time

So you say the restaurants in Thailand all adhere to social distancing ?, but bars do not ? Not sure what or where you go, but place is see and visit do not do social distancing, other than government buildings 

So if no body has the covid infection in the bar or restaurant, how does drinking beer cause them to be infected ?

If there is someone infected in the bar/restaurant, how will drinking coke only, prevent them from catching it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

People drinking Coke dont tend to think they can sing, dance, are attractive to the opposite sex, hug each other etc.

I dont know that people have 6-8 cokes and sit around for hours telling stories and arguing.

Correct

Don't know that people drinking 6 or 8 beers can catch the virus too, 

But most people sit for hours eating, talking , all without masks, so does singing and dancing mean the virus will get you, even though the virus is not present on anybody in that bar/restaurant ?

And if it is present, how will sitting quietly drinking coke, stop the spread of this : deadly: virus ?

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This one. Well not the dragging part, obviously.

With one million health care volunteers this would be relitviely simple to do.

Random sampling, and pooled sampling, are part of the accepted monitoring process.

But I guess you're saying that unless someone presents with symptoms we should assume there is no local infections, or transmissions. Seems stupid, but I'm sure it makes sense to someone.

Village health volunteers are not allowed to take swabs due to the risk involved. Only trained medical staff can do this. Nurses are already run off their feet and the govt still plans to push more vacinations in June. Now they are chansing nurses to volunteer their time doing vaccinations in various centers. 

Just now, Joinaman said:

Thanks

Now i will ask one more time

So you say the restaurants in Thailand all adhere to social distancing ?, but bars do not ? Not sure what or where you go, but place is see and visit do not do social distancing, other than government buildings 

So if no body has the covid infection in the bar or restaurant, how does drinking beer cause them to be infected ?

If there is someone infected in the bar/restaurant, how will drinking coke only, prevent them from catching it 

Sorry but bars are far worse then any restaurants. Restaurants have to do social distancing and you might catch a few not doing it but in bars it impossible. In short your grabbing at straws. Its far easier to police restaurants then bars in restaurants they can see it right away in bars they cannot.

If their are no infected nobody will get it duh...  but how do you know nobody has it.

As i said before people who drink alcohol are more likely to break social distancing rules then people who drink coke. So the person drinking coke would stay further away keep his mask up more the person on the hard drug alcohol would not care about a thing and be more likely to get it.

You do remember that this wave started in a BAR in Thong Lor. Kinda proves the point.

So again all over the world they close bars as the infection risk is higher but you think that governments all over the world do this just for fun ? You think that you with your incoherent reasoning knows better then all those people in governments ? You think they don't care that people are losing jobs. Ok that is one way to look at it.. looking at it as a victim because you NEED your drink.