First 1.8 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine have left production plant for delivery to Thai government

snoop1130

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1LDP5NT5Et2rWNxS3OyAPFNFFn-768x512.jpg

Today, Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca (Thailand) announced their readiness to deliver the first batch of 1.8 million doses of their vaccine for the mass inoculation due to start on June 7th as scheduled.

The first lot was delivered by the chairman of Siam Bioscience, the local producer of the vaccine, Air Chief Marshal Satitpong Sukvimon, to AstraZeneca (Thailand) president James Teague, at a ceremony held at Siam Bioscience today. A handful of senior officials from the Ministry of Public Health were on hand to witness the event.

In his speech at the ceremony, Mr. Teague hailed the production of the first batch of AZ vaccine, in time for delivery to the Thai government, as evidence of the success of the joint cooperation between Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-1-8-million-doses-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-have-left-production-plant-for-delivery-to-thai-government/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-06-02

Who's the bint in the red shoes trying to out do the frump on the right?

Now, to be serious, it's just wonderful that they've only done there job.

Teague'll be getting a nice bonus I expect.

As Starky says, what are we expected -nay, allowed to say?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, faraday said:

Now, to be serious, it's just wonderful that they've only done there job.

Teague'll be getting a nice bonus I expect.

As Starky says, what are we expected -nay, allowed to say?????

Think that is Madam Pang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Today, Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca (Thailand) announced their readiness to deliver the first batch of 1.8 million doses

This would be more convincing if they had one of those big vinyl board flowcharts....

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

From what I understood, the delivery is to AstraZeneca *not* the Thai govt. It is AZ who allocate the production

AZ has export contracts with other countries.  PI's Duterte is gonna what his jabs along with every other Asian country that contracted with AZ.   Just saying.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

That's not particularly unusual. It's a technology transfer agreement with AstraZeneca so they just have to do exactly what they're instructed with the materials they're given. AstraZeneca have been doing the same thing in other places. I think a lot of the criticism centred on who owns Siam Bioscience is politically motivated and ill-informed.

It doesn't matter who owns it. It's obvious that SB is having issues producing AZ vaccine since they can't meet previously promised delivery dates. They are shorting and delaying deliveries to the Philippines. 

Edited by Banana7

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

announced their readiness to deliver

Wow, sort of a pre/ante/prologue to actually delivering?

What the heck, I guess they won't have the big ceremony and kill the fatted calf until delivery is imminent?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

It doesn't matter who owns it. It's obvious that SB is having issues producing AZ vaccine since they can't meet previously promised delivery dates. They are shorting and delaying deliveries to the Philippines. 

Shorting and delaying deliveries? I thought that was what Astra Zeneca in the UK was doing.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Initial batches are always slower. They just need to get the hang of it. Regardless, it has been approved by AZ, that is all that matters.

14 hours ago, faraday said:

I know it is Thailand, but why does the photo line up for a vaccine delivery require the presence of two senior police officers centre stage?

What can they possibly have to do with any of it?

• Like 1