CPALL plans to open 700 new 7-Eleven stores

webfact

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How many 7-11 have closed during the pandemic?

Quiet a few.

20210520_091825.jpg

Very true, if I were to open a branch I would focus on a Thai residents area. Touristic areas will not bring enough revenues for a while to survive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Good, my 7/11 is about 40 meters away from my place, too far. Please make one closer ????

But honestly, I guess it could be good if they focused on smaller provinces where you have to drive far to reach a 7/11

Nearest 7-11 to me is 30 km.

Not that I miss it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How many 7-11 have closed during the pandemic?

True for the tourist dependent areas.

Multiple in Pattaya and Samui from own observation.

But up here, far from tourist stream, no one closed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

So true.

A dozen mom and pop stores, a traditional local market and half a dozen food stalls serving delicious, cheap, freshly cooked meals all within a short walk of my house. We've got to know all the owners and stop to chat and have a laugh. Adds colour to life. Glad there's no 7-11 anywhere nearby.

A "mom and pop shop" in Pratunam had a delivery of stuff from... 7-11, 100m away, which promptly went up on the shelves for students from school next to the shop to snap up. I was in shop when this happened and they didn't even attempt to hide it.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I buy milk in 7-11 and absoulutely nothing else, I hate the places, I hated them in England and I hate them here.

Well at least they supply a place to buy your milk from. I buy beer, the odd ice cream, bread and many bits and bobs from them.. and pay some utility bills there. Since they built the one on the village corner to the highway a whole bunch of businesses have sprung up around it.  Can't park....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

The insatiable omnivorous will not leave a corner of the country uncovered.

They will not leave crumbs of business to mom&pop, markets, food stalls etc. etc.

Pile up more billions of Dollars for the Sino-Thai dynasty.

Consumer protection, monopoly control is non-existent here.

Takeover of Tesco Lotus is "OK", no problem.

Totally agree.

So many great small family businesses across Thailand destroyed by the greed of the Chicken People, leaving tens of thousands of retail families and small farming families out of work.

So the Chicken People are going to spend Baht 12 billion on the expansion - too bad they could not spend a few billion helping Thais in need or providing free vaccines to Thai public hospitals.

Does anyone know of any 711 which has been closed due to COVID-19, and then reopened?

And how interesting yesterday's news about the slaughterhouse in Saraburi - media afraid to name the owners - although a picture was provided; 10 minutes on Google, name, address and owner identified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh great, another 700 locations that will be afflicted by the ignorant parking of customers, the smell of food stalls, the stray dogs looking for food and the piles of litter dropped in the environs and not cleaned up by the store. 7-11 are a blight on the community.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

So true.

A dozen mom and pop stores, a traditional local market and half a dozen food stalls serving delicious, cheap, freshly cooked meals all within a short walk of my house. We've got to know all the owners and stop to chat and have a laugh. Adds colour to life. Glad there's no 7-11 anywhere nearby.

Got a mom & pop shop 100 metres from my place, kept me going with supplies as I need them and the all important beer supply... 7-11 has opened a shop 200 metres away, the lady is desperate, thinking she will lose most of her customers.

2 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Will they all be on Sukhumvit soi 11? Because we only have 5 or 6 of them here now.

At least two 7-11 at soi 11 have closed, the one at the entrance to the old Villa and a small one the right hand side toward the end of Soi 11.

Are there more than 2 or 3 left?