Car out of Pawn, what is the story with no book

I see a car advertised on Facebook for very good price. Salesperson say it is pawn car.  Has a paper that can be taken to government to get a new book. 

This is second time I see pawn car like this.  What is the story with pawn cars and no book.  I am Thai. 

20 minutes ago, Crossy said:

No book - No buy!!

If there's no book that can be put in your name it isn't yours.

That is what I thought but people must lose books.  The salesperson say there is a letter giving authority for government to issue a new book.  I don't know if true so that is why I ask here if anyone knows if that is true. 

1 hour ago, Tharnbiz1971 said:

I see a car advertised on Facebook for very good price. Salesperson say it is pawn car.  Has a paper that can be taken to government to get a new book. 

Go see the motor and go DLT to see if you can get a new green book.

I did just that with an old motorbike and I now own it because the bike was re-registered and I was given new green book.

2 hours ago, Tharnbiz1971 said:

That is what I thought but people must lose books.  The salesperson say there is a letter giving authority for government to issue a new book.  I don't know if true so that is why I ask here if anyone knows if that is true. 

If its so easy to get a new book why doesn't the seller get a new book as that mean they could sell the car at a higher price than the current price

When a car is taken as collateral for a loan either at a pawn shop ,finance company or private money lender the green book would be taken along with the car as security and proof of ownership . When the loan is repaid the car is returned with the green book.No green book the loan may be in default take care.

• Like 1

Tell the seller that you buy the vehicle under the condition, that (s)he fixes the book together with you. No book = no deal! And you will see, that in 99.9999% cases there is ..... no deal. 

I never understood that whole "no book" story; based on the chassis and engine number any DLT on this planet can identify the latest owner - except Thailand it seems! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jippytum said:

When a car is taken as collateral for a loan either at a pawn shop ,finance company or private money lender the green book would be taken along with the car as security and proof of ownership . When the loan is repaid the car is returned with the green book.No green book the loan may be in default take care.

Green book..... motorbikes 

Blue book.... Car

• Like 2

The car was probably hocked and the loan not payed back, hence no book. I know someone who got a loan on a car (you hand over the book)  she has NO intension (or money) of EVER paying it off. Steer well clear of this one with no book. Maybe you will have to pay back the loan before you get the blue book, hence its cheap price.

Yes, the car almost certainly is not clear title - there is a debt against it somewhere that has never been cleared.

You would only buy if you don't intend to register the car or have the right connections to get a completely new blue book (e.g. ignoring any previous ownership / registration details that could identify the car).

On 6/3/2021 at 6:18 PM, Tharnbiz1971 said:

only you can find out......but I WOULD NOT BUY IF no book

On 6/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, Tharnbiz1971 said:

I see a car advertised on Facebook for very good price.

There is a reason for "very good price", and if a price is too good, never buy.

And as @Crossysaid: No book, no buy; i.e. no book = no tax sticker and no insurance, and with no transfer to your name, you are also driving in someone else's car...????????