Thailand reports 2,671 new COVID-19 cases, 23 deaths

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced that they have 25 new cases which is the lowest rise for nearly two months. The total new cases so far is now 4,957. So far, 3,994 have been discharged leaving 933 remaining in care #COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1401333774370041861

Amazing how countries are acting differently. Sports in US, Football in Europe & Brazil, tennis in France & Singapore with 18 cases cancels F1. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Amazing how countries are acting differently. Sports in US, Football in Europe & Brazil, tennis in France & Singapore with 18 cases cancels F1. 

And u can't  even  use a gym here, madness. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

And u can't  even  use a gym here, madness. 

Madness is having parks closed but gyms I'm not so sure about when the virus is still around, there's plenty of evidence that they can spread the virus although not as much as some other indoor places.

Why Working Out at Your Gym Indoors Is a Terrible Idea Right Now

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-working-out-at-your-gym-indoors-is-a-terrible-idea-right-now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

It's a combination of factors, I think.

Chinese vaccines are less effective. Some of this effectiveness is simply because of the type of traditional technology they are using.

Another factor will be that people are fairly stupid and don't seem to understand science at all. Being vaccinated is not a free ticket to not wear masks and practice social distancing and the enhanced measures, not for now. A vaccinated person is still very capable of becoming infected with old and new strains and can pass the virus onto others.

Until this virus is eradicated entirely (like Polio), we will be at risk. 

Thanks, China

Regretably polio is not eradicated, far from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today there are 23 deaths in #Thailand:

12 males and 11 females

Median age is 62 (32-79 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (13), Samut Prakan (4), plus 6 provinces with one each

4 died 0-6 days after testing positive &

7 died after 7-14 days

9 were infected from family

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1401458758635589637

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Are these "weekend" numbers and if so, how much weight should be put on them?

A fair question. Not just weekend numbers though but all numbers. I think it's good to keep in mind that this is, all be it in some sort of disquise, a military/junta government that suppresses freedom of speach. Believe them or not is up to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Screenshot_20210602_175252_com.android.chrome.jpg

Or less likely to be infected as you age, but maybe higher risk of death from underlying existing problems. 

Figures can be manipulated to suit the required outcome /agenda.

Has any study been undertaken to establish the effectiveness or otherwise of vaccination on the older population with serious underlying conditions? 

Eight hours and only 2 pages of replies...it seems interest in the daily numbers is dwindling fast. I know I've lost interest...a couple thousand cases a day ad-infinitum until widespread vaccination seems to be the story now.

• Thanks 1

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28 February 1st dose - Sinovac 2,708,629 & AstraZeneca 136,658 2nd dose - Sinovac 1,320,594 & AstraZeneca 24,622 Yesterday, 26,611 people received their 1st dose & 20,948 received their 2nd dose. They have started using AstraZeneca again.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1401473397146611719

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Eight hours and only 2 pages of replies...it seems interest in the daily numbers is dwindling fast. I know I've lost interest...a couple thousand cases a day ad-infinitum until widespread vaccination seems to be the story now.

Just what the government wants. Have to save face somehow when you have completely cocked things up. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Although Bangkok is a mess, the rest of the country is seeing the wave recede. Outside of the prisons, that is.

I would bet money that this wave will effectively end before 70% of the population is vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Although Bangkok is a mess, the rest of the country is seeing the wave recede. Outside of the prisons, that is.

I would bet money that this wave will effectively end before 70% of the population is vaccinated.

So what will they do, open up other provinces and put the barbed wire around Bangkok to prevent people travelling to other areas that are open?

Just read in a BP news item, one poor lady waited for 4 days at a covid testing location before she got tested, positive result, died 5 days later and her husband is still in hospital. Adequate testing been carried out I think not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That's quite a prediction, in other words it could be next month or mid next year.

Nobody knows when 70% of the population will be vaccinated and at this rate it will be well into next year for that to happen.

The UK took 6 months to get to 50% of all adults with second dose last week.

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Just read in a BP news item, one poor lady waited for 4 days at a covid testing location before she got tested, positive result, died 5 days later and her husband is still in hospital. Adequate testing been carried out I think not.

I read that story...I wouldn't make sweeping conclusions from a sample size of two; and for whatever reason, this woman must have been exceptionally vulnerable to the virus...for all she reported was a fever and testing positive and dying a few days later.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I read that story...I wouldn't make sweeping conclusions from a sample size of two; and for whatever reason, this woman must have been exceptionally vulnerable to the virus...for all she reported was a fever and testing positive and dying a few days later.

If she was exceptionally vulnerable why would you make her wait for four days for a test?It indicates a severe lack of testing ability in Thailand and you can try all you like to defend Thailands indefensible lack of testing which as can be seen is causing drastic outcomes for some.You say it's only two cases but you don't know how many cases there are because of the lack of testing. 

• Like 1