Thai private hospitals to purchase 10 million Moderna doses, deliveries expected by October

webfact

000_98J6VZ.jpg

Vials of the Moderna Covid-19 disease vaccine at Recipharm plant in Monts, central Franc. (Photo by GUILLAUME SOUVANT / AFP)

Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA) is seeking to purchase up to 10 million doses of the US made Moderna vaccine, through the country’s Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), with deliveries expected by October.

PHA President Paiboon Eksaengsri said yesterday (Sunday) that the association has discussed the purchase with Zuellig Pharma, a firm importing the Moderna vaccine, and progress is being made.

One dose of Moderna vaccine is expected to cost the hospitals 1,200 Baht, Mr. Paiboon said. When taking into account service and insurance fees, the overall price to the patientshould not be more than 4,000 Baht, he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-private-hospitals-to-purchase-10-million-moderna-doses-deliveries-expected-by-october/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

Just had my haircut and my barber says she has registered for this. Queue number is approx 1,085,000. Claims vaccination date is august?

the date seems unlikely but she showed me the confirmation on her phone.

Edited by wensiensheng

8 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

http://www.thailandintervac.com 

Just managed to register.........given due date of Jan 1, 1970....am well sorted.

same here, I hope they include a ticket for the time machine ride back to 1970.  If they do, I think I'll stay there. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Just had my haircut and my barber says she has registered for this. Queue number is approx 1,085,000. Claims vaccination date is august?

I registered early and got queue number at 430,214 and hospital only gave probable October vaccination date. I will be notify when they have the vaccine. Doubt you got the right information. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

So pretty much life as normal then?

yes indeed, not much change.  I am not  a bar/eating out person, so I haven't seen much change in my lifestyle this last 18 months.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

That date is most probably quite meaningless in the present climate of chaotic inefficacy, but good luck to her, I hope its true 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes indeed, not much change.  I am not  a bar/eating out person, so I haven't seen much change in my lifestyle this last 18 months.  

So you came all the way to Thailand to sit in a house, or are you a hiker ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

through the country’s Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), with deliveries expected by October.

In you own time then .. I take it they do mean Oct this year .. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

One dose of Moderna vaccine is expected to cost the hospitals 1,200 Baht, Mr. Paiboon said. When taking into account service and insurance fees, the overall price to the patientshould not be more than 4,000 Baht, he added.

Ha added through gritted teeth trying desperately not to smirk .. 

That should dispel any doubts that some with the zero ethics see this as another way of padding out their accounts .. 

So a best case scenario is October to start... even on this highly optimistic month, most people wont receive their first shot until September.  Then there will be limited supplies so about 4 months until the second shot.  Yes some time around Jan/Feb 2022.  Disgraceful.  Just let the embassies take care of us for gods sake!.

• Like 2

Oct, i will be back, having being full vacced with a pfizer when i went back to my home country over a month ago.

To live in thailand and not to trust is how I choose, but I hope their rollout will happen even while its disorganised and brown eveloped like everything in thailand.

I would have paid 10k for a jab while i was there.

• Like 1

October is a long ways off.  If Thailand manages to make a deal with Pfizer they will definitely be able to get those sooner than that. The Philippines is getting 2.3 million Pfizer shots this week.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

These news reports get old.  Again, no order placed.  And Moderna has already indicated deliveries to several countries, including Australia and Canada, who've already paid up, are being delayed.  Next year is my guess for delivery here.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-04-16/moderna-says-vaccines-to-canada-to-be-delayed-due-to-europe-shortfall

Moderna Expects Vaccine Shipments to Britain, Canada to Be Delayed, EU, Swiss Roll-Out on Track

• Like 1
  • Sad 1