Thai police seize dozens of bikes and modified exhausts in road racer crackdown

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Top provincial police went to the Wang Nam Yen station in Sa Kaeo after a crackdown on road racing in eastern Thailand.

Such crackdowns are taking place all over the country with the public told they can get 3,000 baht for informing on street racers. 

Thirty two motorcycles were seized and dozens of modified exhausts were put on display for the provincial chief Pol Maj-Gen Natthapong Satyanurak to peruse. 

A sign proclaimed "NO waen" - no street racers, was posted on 77kaoded.

Drivers of bikes were reminded they faced three months jail, 10,000 baht fines and probation for racing.

Pillion passengers were warned that they would face two thirds of the punishment of the drivers.

And parents would have to pay bail for their miscreant youth and if conditions were flouted in repeat offences they could wind up paying 30,000 baht and being jailed for three months.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-11

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AquaThai said:

Just because the rice rocket sounds powerful and fast, doesn't  actually  mean its fast.  What a bunch of noise pollution these modified waste of money bikes are.

Were you ever young in your life?

In case you didn't experience it yourself: Take a boring small bike and make it loud and when you ride it you could testify it's a lot faster than before.

Do I like all that noise? No.

Do I understand why the kids do it? Absolutely! And not only the kids on small bikes.

• Like 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

In case you didn't experience it yourself: Take a boring small bike and make it loud and when you ride it you could testify it's a lot faster than before.

Do I understand why the kids do it? Absolutely! And not only the kids on small bikes.

Yes and that also works for home entertainment,  go out and spend money on a cheap product rhat you think is good and sounds good, then go purchase  or expose yourself to the real deak, and then realise your impulse to have something  look and sound good is being laughed at, as its cheap and not the real deal.

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A long time ago i cut of the exhaust of my Gran Torino and installed a pair of Woodpeckers,just behind the front seat and no pipes at all.It was cheap!

The only way to escape the noise was going over the speed limit!

Later i replaced them with a pair of Sweet talkers,a lot better.

Edited by jvs
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

WE need much more of these actions.....you can come outside my house and do it. I am sic k to death of these arrogant, ignorant, rude rides that drive along en masse making the noise of several 747 aircraft. Smash the bikes up and give the riders and owners of the bikes huge fines with jail time if they don't pay. If not wearing a mask can cost a 20,000 baht fine, then ruining someone's night's sleep should cost at least the.

Did you ever do anything unlawful in your life?

Were you ever young?

Should only these guys be severely punished? Or also other law-breakers?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure. I put cards in the spokes of my bicycle to make it sound like a motorcycle.

Never killed anybody with it though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Were you ever young?

This is not something, that happens just once in a while. It's a major nuisence because the majority of kids have manipulated exhaust systems. Sure, we were kids too and did a lot of foolish things, but we always had respect of the police. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AquaThai said:

Yes and that also works for home entertainment,  go out and spend money on a cheap product rhat you think is good and sounds good, then go purchase  or expose yourself to the real deak, and then realise your impulse to have something  look and sound good is being laughed at, as its cheap and not the real deal.

If it is a condom you are referring to  I can sympathize with the predicament you described.

• Haha 1

Those were the good Ole days.we used to put cards on  our spoke wheels ????????‍♀️????‍♀️too  make them louder.Hey teacher.Leave those  kids alone 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joloit said:

This is not something, that happens just once in a while. It's a major nuisence because the majority of kids have manipulated exhaust systems. Sure, we were kids too and did a lot of foolish things, but we always had respect of the police. 

Well mate things are a little different in Thailand so stop ya whingin’ about kids who were born here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Were you ever young?

"Did you ever do anything unlawful in your life?" Lots of times, but never to the detriment of ordinary people.

These motorbike riders are very much to the detriment of ordinary people, so don't compare that to people who ie, work their way round paying too much for certain services that you can't do without, which make too many people far too rich while too many of the ordinary people struggle to live from week to week.

May I make it plain that I am only referring to my home country.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, harada said:

You would think that considering what’s going on in Thailand right now they would allow these kids a little bit of joy, but I guess it’s a photo op. ????

So you think it is joy for these motorbike riders to race through the streets risking innocent peoples lives as well as their own?

19 hours ago, joloit said:

In most cases I had respect for the police too, but I didn't take any cr-p from them either.

Edited by possum1931

In my Thai town , every Friday afternoon/evening the market area roads are a race track for dozens of loud motor bikes driven at speeds in excess of 90 kph in a 40 kph limit . The police cannot control it with the riders laughing at the police punitive tactics to stop them . Some of the bikes are serious bikes with 400cc loud engines and more . So we have new roads with a good surface now being used as a race track .