Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

19 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I've been jabbed. One dose of Astra Zeneca with a second due on September 17th.

Pretty well organised at the Phuket Orchid, though it does appear the times of the appointments are not adhered to as I was in the 9 o'clock group, though was due at 10. Not sure how they'd take to a 3pm appointment turning up at 9am though.

Process, as someone asked: check in with the phone or a print of the appointment, when you're given a health declaration form. Blood pressure taken then a wait until your number's called. A bit of seat shuffling before you're allowed upstairs where ther's more seat shuffling before your details are entered onto the computer system, followed by another desk where you're given a card and straight to the nurse doing the vaccine.

Half an hour cooling off afterwards before you're released with a slip of paper which as well as the second appoinment date, allows you to exchange it at Chalong Hospital for a certificate which allows you to leave and return to Phuket Province.

2 hours start to finish.

Same place, same experience.  

Showed up for my 9:00 appointment at about 8:40, waited about 10 minutes in the sun before the line progressed under the canopy.  If I had arrived earlier I guess I would have been standing in the sun longer.  Very well organized.  No real surprises.  It was nice to have the water I brought although once out of the sun quite comfortable.  You're sitting most of the time, almost no standing at all except in the very beginning.  Well done.  2nd jab appointment in 12 weeks same place.

• Like 2

It is good to hear of the success stories and I personally have an appointment for next Monday.

Unfortunately I hear that Phuket Central yesterday was a train wreck and an interesting article has just been posted on The Phuket News - 

Phuket vaccination push riddled with confusion and claims (thephuketnews.com)

Many non working expats however are absolutely caught up with problems with the website phuket.win

I have set up a site to try to help them - promise no advertising, no cookies, and no unsolicited personal data collected.

https://phuket-expat-vaccinations.com

I read one of the items they said need to show is proof of address, with a few examples on that website somewhere..., from memory the 90 day reporting slip on back of passport has no address, just name/date...., both my Thai driving licenses have my address on the back though, did they not ask for that....!?

The 2 weeks no alcohol advice after the jab is correct, I heard it from Thais too..., I told you before LOS is moving towards a Muslim Khalifa state....lol...!!!  ????????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveC said:

Phuket vaccination push riddled with confusion and claims (thephuketnews.com)

Many non working expats however are absolutely caught up with problems with the website phuket.win

I have set up a site to try to help them - promise no advertising, no cookies, and no unsolicited personal data collected.

https://phuket-expat-vaccinations.com

Setting up that is most appreciated IMHO.

I know of a couple retired expats who struggled to book. It turns out thou, they filled in the software wrong initially when registering on line, raising questions as to their status in Thailand (as what they entered made no sense), and it proved difficult for them to cancel their registration and start again.  I suspect had they registered correctly in the 1st place, it would have gone much smoother. 

10 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I read one of the items they said need to show is proof of address, with a few examples on that website somewhere..., from memory the 90 day reporting slip on back of passport has no address, just name/date...., both my Thai driving licenses have my address on the back though, did they not ask for that....!?

I had no issue with paperwork. I brought what the web site stated, plus brought my Thai Driver's Licence and Thai Pink ID card. They only wanted the passport were were not interested in my Driver's License nor my Thai Pink ID card.

10 minutes ago, Agusts said:

The 2 weeks no alcohol advice after the jab is correct, I heard it from Thais too...,

Two weeks !! ???????? ... lol !  I surfed the internet on AZ on alcohol and ones AZ dose, and the recommendations are all over the map.  I laughed at a recommendation of a Russian doctor (for Sputnik V vaccine) who recommended 2 months with no alcohol ... only to have the Spunik V 'developer' then chime in and say, no, only 2 to 3 days recommended for no alcohol, but not essential.  That of course a different vaccine.

I suspect there is no definitive duration of how long its safe to have alcohol after the 1st jab. .... 

I think all of us have been lectured occasionally by those, who gave up drinking, where those who gave up drinking say all alcohol, no matter when one has such, is dangerous and unhealthy - no matter how infrequent.  ... Then we get into a degree of healthy and unhealthy which IMHO is difficult to measure for the average person.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My research on the alcohol issue is similar.

I do know the Thai advice is no alcohol for 2 weeks after the first jab but my own take is that it is just the Thai (Prayut) line of thinking.

I couldn't find any specific (medical based) similar recommendation and I agree with oldcpu.

Relating to the input of registration details - Yes that is correct. Many people have made a mistake in their input which has prevented their registration from being accepted BUT there is no facility to change the input once it is submitted. 

You cannot re-submit because you will get the duplicated Passport Number error.

That is why I suggest contacting your Orbortor (Tambon chief ie. head of local council)

Edited by DaveC
  • Like 2

They don't go on your appointment time, but on the time you submit your paper-work at the first desk, where you get your number.

Even though my appointment was for 13:00, I arrived early and processing started at 12:00.

For each designated time, there are 220 numbers on a ticket of a certain colour.

After number 220 has been called, the numbering goes back to 001, but on a different coloured ticket. The colour is announced when it changes.

At 14:00 they finally completed the 11:00 group. As I had been designated the 12:00 group, my group was next.

There are 30 seats available that they call green and yellow. Once your number is called, you take a seat in the yellow section. When they are ready upstairs, a woman directs the 15 people in the green zone to go upstairs. The people sitting behind in the yellow seats move up to the green zone seats and 15 more numbers are called and they take your place in the yellow zone.

The important stuff is knowing which time group you are in (it's written on the ticket), the colour of the ticket and the number.

What happens before and after this is well documented in the posts above.

• Like 2

Went very well for me. In and out exactly one hour. Very well organised and staffed. My appointment was 09.00. I arrived 08.25 and had very little waiting time at the various stations. Jab at 08.55. 30 min wait. Different story when I walked  through car park. Packed. Long queues.

• Like 2

Just an update relating to the unlucky people who are having problems with their registration on phuket.win

Don't hold out hope that it will come good!

I'm reliably informed the the Orbortor's are showing little interest in Expat registration problems. (They are good for Thai nationals.)

You can try https://depa.or.th  the Digital Economy Promotion Agency website, There is a chat line (typical replies within 1 day - as quoted)

Failing that - Your local consulate or showing up at a vaccination centre and asking questions.

Sorry, but this appears to be a deliberate snow job on these unfortunate people. Terrible website support with virtually no SMS advice of appointment times.

If it was me, I would also be contacting the local hospitals.

• Sad 1

I have been today given the option to book an appointment (well, two appointments 1st and 2nd jabs), I registered a few days ago...

It's only given option for Jungceylon in July, for Sinovac jabs only (I'm under 60) and the 2nd Jab is only 17 days after first, also in July...!?

I think AZ will be more effective, but I guess 2 Sinovacs might do the job, beggers can't be choosers ...! ????

Or I can go back to UK and get one AZ, though I think they don't give the 2nd AZ in UK for many months anyway...

(PS. need to check on the grey button everyday for this, it first shows fully booked, then turns to available appointment...)

Edited by Agusts
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I have been today given the option to book an appointment (well, two appointments 1st and 2nd jabs), I registered a few days ago...

It's only given option for Jungceylon in July, for Sinovac jabs only (I'm under 60) and the 2nd Jab is only 17 days after first, also in July...!?

I think AZ will be more effective, but I guess 2 Sinovacs might do the job, beggers can't be choosers ...! ????

Or I can go back to UK and get one AZ, though I think they don't give the 2nd AZ in UK for many months anyway...

(PS. need to check on the grey button everyday for this, it first shows fully booked, then turns to available appointment...)

Interesting.  Recently in the latest round it has been all AstraZeneca being administered.  Glad you succeeded in getting to the appointment stage.

Tough choice, though.  If you accept the Sinovac (even though less effective than AZ after the first jab) you would be getting your second jab in only 17 days so you would be fully vaccinated sooner than many who have recently just received their first AstraZeneca jab (because many of those will have to wait for 12 weeks to get their second AZ jab).

Assuming they offer AstraZeneca in the near future your choice boils down to do you want to be fully vaccinated with Sinovac or partially vaccinated with AstraZeneca.  Of course, you also have to consider that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  You know you could get the Sinovac now (well, in July), whereas the AstraZeneca is only a possibility (although maybe a good one).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Interesting. I register on Monday 21 and got appointment next day for the Saturday 26. With full option of places and times. AZ only offered.

I assume they must have run out AZ after the big rush that I saw.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Interesting. I register on Monday 21 and got appointment next day for the Saturday 26. With full option of places and times. AZ only offered.

I assume they must have run out AZ after the big rush that I saw.

Are you below 60....?

I just registered today. I wasn't  given any choice of date or location. The only date offered was 6 July although there were a few different times I could choose. The location was Jung Ceylon. The vaccine is Sinovac.

I am under 60 (just).

On 6/27/2021 at 3:54 AM, DaveC said:

Just an update relating to the unlucky people who are having problems with their registration on phuket.win

Don't hold out hope that it will come good!

I'm reliably informed the the Orbortor's are showing little interest in Expat registration problems. (They are good for Thai nationals.)

You can try https://depa.or.th  the Digital Economy Promotion Agency website, There is a chat line (typical replies within 1 day - as quoted)

Failing that - Your local consulate or showing up at a vaccination centre and asking questions.

Sorry, but this appears to be a deliberate snow job on these unfortunate people. Terrible website support with virtually no SMS advice of appointment times.

If it was me, I would also be contacting the local hospitals.

Another update:

I have heard of non working expats who have had problems with their vaccination appointments just turning up with a barcode (anybodys) and receiving a vaccination.

Phuket Expat Vaccinations (phuket-expat-vaccinations.com)

Edited by DaveC

I am thinking one possible way to use Sinovac to one's advantage, ... making the most of this lower efficacy vaccine is to go for a booster as soon as feasible ... SinoVac is only about 3 weeks between doses ... which means one will be eligible for a booster jab sooner, where that booster could be a higher efficacy vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer. Those of us who received AstraZeneca, because of the 8 to 10 week separation between jabs will likely need to wait longer for a booster. Even AZ is not much better than Sinovac vs the Beta & Delta virus variants.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

My wife has a Thai friend with a falang husband (in his 70s) who initially entered the data incorrectly when registering, and has been unable to successfully register for the vaccine as a result.  His Thai wife, to help him sort it, actually had to go to Phuket immigration a couple of times, to have his vaccine registration attempt via the vaccine web site cancelled, so he could try again on line. 

We heard earlier today that he finally succeeded.

I have no idea as to how immigration are tied into this registration (for a vaccine) but somehow, if what I was told is correct, they are in the 'loop' and to restart with a clean registration attempt, they are involved in cleaning out the old incorrect registration attempt.  ....

Hopefully that tidbit will help - and I apologize in advance for my not having more detail, but I am hearing this information about immigration involvement  3rd hand.

Immigration using Nationality and Passport Number would be in a position to determine what the currently registered address for the foreigner was (determined by the filing of a TM-30) which Phuket immigration has required for some time when getting an extension of stay.  Even short-term visitors possibly have a TM-30 filed on their behalf by hotels where they have stayed.  I think this is the likely reason for the involvement of the immigration bureau in the vaccination program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I waited and today checked again, now I also get another venue option offering AZ jab , first shot on 2 July, next 22 Sep.... , as well as the two Sinovac jabs option I had in July....., decision decision....! ????

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Immigration using Nationality and Passport Number would be in a position to determine what the currently registered address for the foreigner was (determined by the filing of a TM-30) which Phuket immigration has required for some time when getting an extension of stay.  Even short-term visitors possibly have a TM-30 filed on their behalf by hotels where they have stayed.  I think this is the likely reason for the involvement of the immigration bureau in the vaccination program.

My TM30 is Bangkok, presently in Phuket, ( Delaying my BKK return for obvious reasons ) I just registered and says 'pending approval', so its possible my registered address will prevent me from approval ? thanks 

15 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

My TM30 is Bangkok, presently in Phuket, ( Delaying my BKK return for obvious reasons ) I just registered and says 'pending approval', so its possible my registered address will prevent me from approval ? thanks 

Don't know.

It's not uncommon to get "pending approval" initially.  Can take a day or so to get to "approved" status.

While I think Immigration can determine where you live based on TM-30 filings, I don't know whether they are doing this or not.

I guess I would wait a day or so and check back into phuket.win (gray button option) to see if your status has changed.  You can't count on being notified by SMS you need to proactively check yourself.  If it's not being approved and if you think it's related to the TM-30 issue, you could self-file a TM-30 at Phuket Immigration and then see if it has any effect on your vaccination registration status.

Also, strange as this sounds, vaccines are becoming available all the time apparently.  People have sometimes been successful just by repeatedly checking their status at phuket.win.  Sometimes, it changes and they are able to book an appointment, where minutes before it said there were no appointments.  Or possibly the system is a bit flakey and sometimes for technical reasons it doesn't display all the appointments available and then other times it does.  Once you have an appointment you're good but people have had different experiences getting to that point.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Factors to consider:

1) effectiveness of the vaccine brand
2) time required to be fully vaccinated (2 doses)
3) whether you need to leave and re-enter Thailand in the immediate future (1 dose of AZ allows you do this).
4) where you are planning to travel, some countries may or may not recognize the vaccination you receive.

3) should be:  whether you need to leave and re-enter Phuket [not Thailand].  One dose of AZ will get you back into Phuket but not Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

My wife has a Thai friend with a falang husband (in his 70s) who initially entered the data incorrectly when registering, and has been unable to successfully register for the vaccine as a result.  His Thai wife, to help him sort it, actually had to go to Phuket immigration a couple of times, to have his vaccine registration attempt via the vaccine web site cancelled, so he could try again on line. 

We heard earlier today that he finally succeeded.

I have no idea as to how immigration are tied into this registration (for a vaccine) but somehow, if what I was told is correct, they are in the 'loop' and to restart with a clean registration attempt, they are involved in cleaning out the old incorrect registration attempt.  ....

Hopefully that tidbit will help - and I apologize in advance for my not having more detail, but I am hearing this information about immigration involvement  3rd hand.

Thank you very much for the info and that is really constructive and positive news. 

I will try to let as many people know by sharing this link on my website

non- WP vax started four days ago yet no recent “jabbed” posts ... ?

if you still cant register or cant get an appt. & you are over 60 with Pink ID ( or not) try just going to a vax centre 8am with your passport & pink card and plead your case; say you had an appt. but disappeared from phone

they allow two “concession” appts each day where the vax appt QR code can be waived......I know that this approach can work......

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

non- WP vax started four days ago yet no recent “jabbed” posts ... ?

if you still cant register or cant get an appt. & you are over 60 with Pink ID ( or not) try just going to a vax centre 8am with your passport & pink card and plead your case; say you had an appt. but disappeared from phone

they allow two “concession” appts each day where the vax appt QR code can be waived......I know that this approach can work......

I was jabbed on 25/06/2021.  Posted here: