Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

thanks skatewash. just looked at that thread. mostly bkk. 

would be interested to see some more phuket / non- WP jab experiences.....

after karenbravo described a nightmare four hour process on first day 25 June (your day / 1.75 hrs)

i went to Orchid and pleaded “over 60 / pink ID” to get unofficial 8am first appt next day(yesterday).

i had previously registered at 1st attempt on phuket.win (intervac never worked for me).

i made a confirmed appt at first attempt after Message prompt with appt. website

but the received QR confirmation had disappeared next day....

anyway the special sunday process went well until after actual jab

when they lost my bar coded short form ( given to illerate migrant it seems)

i refused a manual duplicate with no bar code

eventually got hand written short form / bar coded long form / free hospital certificate, all at Orchid.

tried unsuccessfully to negotiate the govt- announced 8 wks 2nd jab....not in system, its 12 wks.....

8 hours ago, DaveC said:

Thank you very much for the info and that is really constructive and positive news. 

I will try to let as many people know by sharing this link on my website

I think the link you put in your website page doesn't lead to the correct post.   Perhaps you could update it to this link below - or simply if you prefer have no link, and note there is at least one case where a failed registration attempt was fixed by a person going to Phuket immigration to have their COVID registration cleared after a failed registration attempt. ...

Here is the corrected link:

https : // forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220727-phuket-vaccination-sign-up-site-now-open-for-all-foreigners/?do=findComment&comment=16603923

(I removed the space after https; and the // so that I could better display the link).

6 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

after karenbravo described a nightmare four hour process on first day 25 June (your day / 1.75 hrs)

i went to Orchid and pleaded “over 60 / pink ID” to get unofficial 8am first appt next day(yesterday).

i had previously registered at 1st attempt on phuket.win (intervac never worked for me).

i made a confirmed appt at first attempt after Message prompt with appt. website

eventually got hand written short form / bar coded long form / free hospital certificate, all at Orchid.

tried unsuccessfully to negotiate the govt- announced 8 wks 2nd jab....not in system, its 12 wks.....

Five or so mates of mine had their first jab today, all AZ, all non WP, most over 60, at Jungceylon.

9 hours ago, oldcpu said:

I think the link you put in your website page doesn't lead to the correct post.   Perhaps you could update it to this link below - or simply if you prefer have no link, and note there is at least one case where a failed registration attempt was fixed by a person going to Phuket immigration to have their COVID registration cleared after a failed registration attempt. ...

https : // forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220727-phuket-vaccination-sign-up-site-now-open-for-all-foreigners/?do=findComment&comment=16603923

(I removed the space after https; and the // so that I could better display the link).

Fixed

Thank you.

13 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

What's an "illerate migrant"....

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1

While I was waiting and thinking if I should choose either 2 x Sinovac in July or one AZ now and another in Sep. Today they made the decision for me, the Sinovac option disappeared from my choices..., so I thought I might as well get AZ before that's gone too... !

I thought of getting 2 x Sinovac and then go to UK and also get one AZ there... ????, but nevermind...

With one AZ I'm not fully vaccinated by many countries definition of requiring 2 jabs ...! (there was talk of UK say no quarantine for fully vaccinated from amber countries - who knows, maybe they wouldn't accept 2 Sinovac either, although it is WHO approved now...)

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PST said:

Does anyone know why some people have received a sticker in their passport after being vaxxed, and some haven't?

No.  It may have to do with the hospital that staffed the particular vaccination center.  Chalong Hospital staffed Phuket Orchid Spa and Resort Karon where I had mine and there were no stickers that I saw.  Patong Hospital staffed the Jungceylon vaccination center and stickers were used there.  So I think it has to do more with the hospital staffing the vaccination center than the vaccination center itself, but I'm not sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skatewash said:

No.  It may have to do with the hospital that staffed the particular vaccination center.  Chalong Hospital staffed Phuket Orchid Spa and Resort Karon where I had mine and there were no stickers that I saw.  Patong Hospital staffed the Jungceylon vaccination center and stickers were used there.  So I think it has to do more with the hospital staffing the vaccination center than the vaccination center itself, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, i too had mine at Phuket Orchid in Karon, and saw the stickers on a roll on the desk at the final check point before being jabbed, but never received one, Strange.

• Like 1

The National Vaccination Certificate has a QRC on it that when scanned takes one to the Ministry of Public Health site where your online Vaccination Certificate is displayed.  So, for instance, if at the Tha Chatchai checkpoint at the border into Phuket they could scan the QRC on your certificate and validate that it matches the online Vaccination Certificate data for your name and passport number.  The first attachment is the National Vaccination Certificate from Chalong Hospital and the second is a screenshot of the MOPH website with my online Vaccination Certificate data.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Online vaccination certificate.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The National Vaccination Certificate has a QRC on it that when scanned takes one to the Ministry of Public Health site where your online Vaccination Certificate is displayed.  So, for instance, if at the Tha Chatchai checkpoint at the border into Phuket they could scan the QRC on your certificate and validate that it matches the online Vaccination Certificate data for your name and passport number.  The first attachment is the National Vaccination Certificate from Chalong Hospital and the second is a screenshot of the MOPH website with my online Vaccination Certificate data.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Online vaccination certificate.png

Thanks, that is the cert that the lady talking on the microphone mentioned, yes?. Do you need to get the cert after the first dose, or can you get it after the second dose?. I junderstand it is only needed for travel outside of phuket, but if you have no plans to travel in the near future, can you get it anytime?

1 minute ago, PST said:

Thanks, that is the cert that the lady talking on the microphone mentioned, yes?. Do you need to get the cert after the first dose, or can you get it after the second dose?. I junderstand it is only needed for travel outside of phuket, but if you have no plans to travel in the near future, can you get it anytime?

Yes, that's what she was talking about.  No need to get it at all unless you have plans to travel in Thailand (domestically) outside of Phuket and then return to Phuket before you get your second jab.  The benefit of having it in that case would be that you would not have to show you had a negative covid test (the 1 shot of AZ vaccine would be sufficient) to gain entry to Phuket.  One can get anytime from one day after your first jab at Chalong Hospital (if you were jabbed at a vaccination center staffed by Chalong Hospital) for 50 baht.  I have no plans to travel I just got mine to see what the process was like (pretty easy) and from curiosity to see what the Vaccination Certificate looked like.

I don't recommend anyone get it unless you plan travel in Thailand outside of Phuket before you get your second AZ jab.  After I get my second AZ I would probably have to pay another 50 baht to get a new certificate that reflected the second jab.  Although, interestingly if someone were to scan the QRC on the Vaccination Certificate it would take them to the MOPH site which would show online I'd received the second AZ jab (after I do). 

To be clear, you don't need this National Vaccination Certificate to get your second jab.  I just like to collect documentation. ????  I'll just add it to my collection of things that don't seem to be particularly useful now but I guess might come in handy one day:  pink ID card, yellow book, etc.  It's just a hobby.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, that's what she was talking about.  No need to get it at all unless you have plans to travel in Thailand (domestically) outside of Phuket and then return to Phuket before you get your second jab.  The benefit of having it in that case would be that you would not have to show you had a negative covid test (the 1 shot of AZ vaccine would be sufficient) to gain entry to Phuket.  One can get anytime from one day after your first jab at Chalong Hospital (if you were jabbed at a vaccination center staffed by Chalong Hospital) for 50 baht.  I have no plans to travel I just got mine to see what the process was like (pretty easy) and from curiosity to see what the Vaccination Certificate looked like.

I don't recommend anyone get it unless you plan travel in Thailand outside of Phuket before you get your second AZ jab.  After I get my second AZ I would probably have to pay another 50 baht to get a new certificate that reflected the second jab.  Although, interestingly if someone were to scan the QRC on the Vaccination Certificate it would take them to the MOPH site which would show online I'd received the second AZ jab (after I do). 

To be clear, you don't need this National Vaccination Certificate to get your second jab.  I just like to collect documentation. ????  I'll just add it to my collection of things that don't seem to be particularly useful now but I guess might come in handy one day:  pink ID card, yellow book, etc.  It's just a hobby.

Thanks again, so that cert can only be used within Thailand, what would i need to show at immigration to say i've have been vaccinated to travel Internationally?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks again, so that cert can only be used within Thailand, what would i need to show at immigration to say i've have been vaccinated to travel Internationally?

Good question.  In the absence of any genuine international standard I think the Thai National Vaccination Certificate would probably suffice as it's in Thai and English.  The QRC link to the MOPH site showing the online version probably not so much as it's in Thai.

If WHO or IATA (International Air Transport Association) come up with an actual international standard then probably it will be possible to apply for it using the Thai National Vaccination Certificate as evidence.  We're a ways from that now I think.  No plans to travel internationally for me anyway in the foreseeable future.  Will wait for things to become more settled.  Enjoying life in Phuket in the meantime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Good question.  In the absence of any genuine international standard I think the Thai National Vaccination Certificate would probably suffice as it's in Thai and English.  The QRC link to the MOPH site showing the online version probably not so much as it's in Thai.

If WHO or IATA (International Air Transport Association) come up with an actual international standard then probably it will be possible to apply for it using the Thai National Vaccination Certificate as evidence.  We're a ways from that now I think.  No plans to travel internationally for me anyway in the foreseeable future.  Will wait for things to become more settled.  Enjoying life in Phuket in the meantime.

Quite concerning though. If i had to go to back home urgently, and needed to prove i had been given one dose of Astra, all i would have is that cert, nothing else.

21 minutes ago, PST said:

Quite concerning though. If i had to go to back home urgently, and needed to prove i had been given one dose of Astra, all i would have is that cert, nothing else.

No particular benefit to gaining access to the US as currently all arrivals need a negative covid test result within 3 days of departure, regardless of vaccination status.  The benefit would be that upon returning to Thailand with your Thai National Vaccine Certificate you could enter the Phuket Sandbox rather than just be relegated to the regular ASQ quarantine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

No particular benefit to gaining access to the US as currently all arrivals need a negative covid test result within 3 days of departure, regardless of vaccination status.  The benefit would be that upon returning to Thailand with your Thai National Vaccine Certificate you could enter the Phuket Sandbox rather than just be relegated to the regular ASQ quarantine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

I Live in Thailand, but if i had to return home (i'm not American) urgently, or wanted to travel to a country that requires one astra dose, i have no proof apart from that cert....

Edited by PST

3 minutes ago, PST said:

I Live in Thailand, but if i had to return home (i'm not American) urgently, or wanted to travel to a country that requires one astra dose, i have no proof apart from that cert....

Yeah, sorry for assuming you were American. ???? There's nothing that's universally accepted at the moment.  I guess over time that will be resolved.  Almost no country is going to be very impressed with a single-dose of AZ.  That's just a Phuket decision to allow people entry into Phuket with only one AZ jab due to the vaccine shortage.  Anyplace else in the world, including Thailand for entry under the Phuket Sandbox, one would need to show that one had been fully vaccinated according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

20 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yeah, sorry for assuming you were American. ???? There's nothing that's universally accepted at the moment.  I guess over time that will be resolved.  Almost no country is going to be very impressed with a single-dose of AZ.  That's just a Phuket decision to allow people entry into Phuket with only one AZ jab due to the vaccine shortage.  Anyplace else in the world, including Thailand for entry under the Phuket Sandbox, one would need to show that one had been fully vaccinated according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

I think that you will find that the one AZ dose criteria is for people coming from other provinces into Phuket, not international arrivals under the Sandbox scheme.   2 doses of Sinovac, at least 1 dose of AZ, or a test certificate no more than 7 days old are required to enter Phuket, unless they have dispensation for business, delivery drivers etc.

11 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Don't agree with not getting the certificate at all, went and go it yesterday and took 30 minutes, IMO you'd be crazy not to get it.

So after your second dose, you will go again and update it?, or do you need it now to travel?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I think that you will find that the one AZ dose criteria is for people coming from other provinces into Phuket, not international arrivals under the Sandbox scheme.   2 doses of Sinovac, at least 1 dose of AZ, or a test certificate no more than 7 days old are required to enter Phuket, unless they have dispensation for business, delivery drivers etc.

Yes, only a benefit for domestic entry into Phuket, no benefit for international entry into Phuket (Sandbox Model).

206427609_358093899010213_4730109082702803477_n (1).jpg

35 minutes ago, PST said:

So after your second dose, you will go again and update it?, or do you need it now to travel?

No, not going OS,  I'll spend another 30 minutes updating it after the 2nd dose in September if there's any vaccine left, in the meantime if I leave the island for a few days it'll be nice and easy to just flash the cert.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 10:16 PM, oldcpu said:

Fixed

Thank you.

I am saying this at risk of being tracked or traced. I am passionate about Covid which I believe for good reason.

Shoot me down if you are an anti-vaxxer and probably let your flat earth and global theories rest with your mental (warped) conscience.

We at this stage have no time for you nutters. This is real and present time..

Please help me in at least Phuket. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the king (now dec'd)

Registered Monday morning ( 28th ) on phuketwin, checked my application status again it now says "if pending more than 24 hours, 1 - check the accuracy of your passport number and work permit number, 2 - if correct, contact department of employment, Phuket office or immigration bureau Phuket".  I'm under 60 with an O-A visa ( used the non immigrant 1 year on the drop down application ). I think I'll just keep checking my status a few more days for changes again...

6 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Registered Monday morning ( 28th ) on phuketwin, checked my application status again it now says "if pending more than 24 hours, 1 - check the accuracy of your passport number and work permit number, 2 - if correct, contact department of employment, Phuket office or immigration bureau Phuket".  I'm under 60 with an O-A visa ( used the non immigrant 1 year on the drop down application ). I think I'll just keep checking my status a few more days for changes again...

That is an improvement on the website.

At least they are now trying to give a reason. Non immigrant 1 year was the correct selection. Dept. of Employment is a new angle which I had not heard of.

Immigration have the capability of accessing your application and can reset (delete) your current form. My advice would be to allow 2 days maximum and then off to Immigration.

Thailand sold all their AZ overseas for profit and then bought Japan rejects (at a bargain price) and that is the only reason non working expats were even offered a vaccination. My understanding is that it has now run out (except for allowance for 2nd doses). The hospitals are telling people who wish to purchase that nothing is available until October (unless of course you are a French citizen).

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, DaveC said:

That is an improvement on the website.

At least they are now trying to give a reason. Non immigrant 1 year was the correct selection. Dept. of Employment is a new angle which I had not heard of.

Immigration have the capability of accessing your application and can reset (delete) your current form. My advice would be to allow 2 days maximum and then off to Immigration.

Thailand sold all their AZ overseas for profit and then bought Japan rejects (at a bargain price) and that is the only reason non working expats were even offered a vaccination. My understanding is that it has now run out (except for allowance for 2nd doses). The hospitals are telling people who wish to purchase that nothing is available until October (unless of course you are a French citizen).

"and then bought Japan rejects (at a bargain price) and that is the only reason non working expats were even offered a vaccination. "

Got any evidence that this vaccine was rejected by Japan because of defects?

Or, was it just excess?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2