Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

7 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Can you ask about 1st jab. Thx

If you are in Phuket and haven't gotten your first jab yet, here are some suggestions:

Get registered on the phuket.win site:

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

Take the survey/register with Bangkok Phuket Hospital (Sinovac, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsPp_fx0NIn2B3x8bPo_cchJRVkxPKzBi1GFiBQksqbXW8TA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR3ndt8qw6kFfpX7lOGg-uzuzTaKAtE8MuTn-4E0BtCmoYa1kWj7BPOmVyM

Friends have reported that they were able to obtain 2nd AZ jabs from Patong Hospital with just their passports on a walk-in basis.  It might work for 1st jabs as well.  Worth a try.

Good luck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Okay......went to Chalong Hospital and asked what was happening at the information desk.

She called a doctor on the phone and he didn't know anything about it.

The doctor is going to call the Ministry of Health about this and then will call me back.

So........watch this space for further info.......

Interesting.  Thanks for investigating.  Still no change for me at phuket.win or in terms of receiving an SMS or other notification.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I just texted a friend who owns the travel shop directly across the street from entrance Karon Orchid Vaccinations, I sent a screenshot of these alleged vaccine date changes to her,  she will look into it as well and get back to me.... 

Many thanks. The more people asking about this, the better.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Right. Just got back from the hospital. Here is what they said:-

The SMS received was old data and no longer valid.

The first line on the SMS 13-16 changed to 16-18 refers to August and this change happened.

The other two lines refer to September and nothing has changed. If, like me, you are scheduled for the 17th September, it is still intended to give the second shot on this date.

Best check well before you go as things change quickly with no notification.

The feeling of uncertainty, bloody ridiculous....... I'm scheduled Sept. 23, I may swing by on the 13th. Have not heard from the shop owner yet, thanks.......

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, insertcoins said:

This was fake news. I was at Phuket Merlin Hotel 10 mins ago and there are no walk-in vaccinations. Now I'm at Or Bor Tor and they have idea what I am talking about. There is no Thai version of this news article online anywhere to be found.

Getting pretty tired of chasing down a vaccination now....

2 minutes ago, insertcoins said:

This was fake news. I was at Phuket Merlin Hotel 10 mins ago and there are no walk-in vaccinations. Now I'm at Or Bor Tor and they have idea what I am talking about. There is no Thai version of this news article online anywhere to be found.

Getting pretty tired of chasing down a vaccination now....

You can get Vaccinated this Friday via Phuket Win but its Sinovac and AZ.

1 hour ago, insertcoins said:

Where? I am scheduled for the 27th in Patong, but would like to get vaccinated sooner than that.

A friend walked into Patong hospital two days ago, had all his paperwork, and successfully got his 2nd jab of AZ. His appointment was actually around 18th September at Patong.

• 2 weeks later...

My appointment for AZ is still on Friday this week (17-September). No change.  I checked a few minutes ago, due to what the next sentence in this post notes:

My Thai wife, who received 2xSinovac earlier this year, received an SMS less than an hour ago, and here in Phuket she was offered the opportunity to get an AZ booster even earlier this week. She chose 14-September at Karon Orchid Resort for an AZ booster.

It does (IMHO) mean the non-refundable Moderna jabs that we bought and paid for her, may go unused by her, when the Moderna is available.  We don't mind that as we both considered (when buying the Moderna for her) that it was to be more of a donation to a local private hospital - and we weren't so 'fussed' about having to receive a Moderna jab.  This could mean the Moderna will be available for someone else, which will be good.

I'm curious as to what this 2xSinovacx + 1xAz will mean for my wife's international travel.  I suspect for her to fly now to Europe or to Canada, she will need sometime in the next few months, to get another AZ jab.   ( ...  or if AZ+Moderna accepted for International travel to Europe/Canada, which it is not at present, to use her paid for Moderna certificate to get a Moderna jab sometime after the AZ booster (if that is accepted for international travel)). 

Of course this is a 'bit off topic' as my wife is Thai and not a Foreigner.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

My appointment for AZ is still on Friday this week (17-September). No change.  I checked a few minutes ago, due to what the next sentence in this post notes:

My Thai wife, who received 2xSinovac earlier this year, received an SMS less than an hour ago, and here in Phuket she was offered the opportunity to get an AZ booster even earlier this week. She chose 14-September at Karon Orchid Resort for an AZ booster.

<snip>

I get my second AZ on 18 Sept. next week at Orchid.

My wife had the 2 sinovac some time ago at Orchid. She has yet to receive a booster notification on Line.

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

My wife had the 2 sinovac some time ago at Orchid. She has yet to receive a booster notification on Line.

She could check the web site 'Phuket Must win'.  My wife's SMS told her to go to that site.  Once on that site, she was given an option of various places/dates to choose for her AZ jab.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, oldcpu said:

She could check the web site 'Phuket Must win'.  My wife's SMS told her to go to that site.  Once on that site, she was given an option of various places/dates to choose for her AZ jab.

Further to this, a few of my wife's Thai friends in Phuket, who received 2 x Sinovac jabs, did not receive the SMS, nor does the "Phuket Must Win" website indicate an AstraZeneca jab appointment possible for them.

My wife subsequently learned that for these Thai people, their Thai 'registration' is actually in a different province other than Phuket - so the speculation is that only the registered Thai residents of Phuket are receiving such an SMS (advising of an AZ booster to the 2xSinovac), and only the registered Phuket residents are having the "Phuket Must Win" website updated to indicate a booster jab possible at this time.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Further to this, a few of my wife's Thai friends in Phuket, who received 2 x Sinovac jabs, did not receive the SMS, nor does the "Phuket Must Win" website indicate an AstraZeneca jab appointment possible for them.

My wife subsequently learned that for these Thai people, their Thai 'registration' is actually in a different province other than Phuket - so the speculation is that only the registered Thai residents of Phuket are receiving such an SMS (advising of an AZ booster to the 2xSinovac), and only the registered Phuket residents are having the "Phuket Must Win" website updated to indicate a booster jab possible at this time.

Well my wife has Phuket ID for 20 years. She did not get an SMS.  I mentioned your post and she checked up their web site. Told her as she has no 'conditions' then she is not on 3rd jab list as yet.

21 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Well my wife has Phuket ID for 20 years. She did not get an SMS.  I mentioned your post and she checked up their web site. Told her as she has no 'conditions' then she is not on 3rd jab list as yet.

That's pretty much what they told the missus.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, oldcpu said:

I'm curious as to what this 2xSinovacx + 1xAz will mean for my wife's international travel.  I suspect for her to fly now to Europe or to Canada, she will need sometime in the next few months, to get another AZ jab.   ( ...  or if AZ+Moderna accepted for International travel to Europe/Canada, which it is not at present, to use her paid for Moderna certificate to get a Moderna jab sometime after the AZ booster (if that is accepted for international travel)). 

Of course this is a 'bit off topic' as my wife is Thai and not a Foreigner.  

As far as I know UK only accepts vaccine certificate from UK, Europe or US...., not sure about other European countries..., and also things change..., they should really start accepting  vaccination from other countries...!

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The missus has an appointment at Karon Orchid for the 16th to receive a third jab. Only guessing at the make, but think it will probably be AZ. She went through the Phuket Must Win site. She is registered here in Phuket and has been for a long time.

My missus is registered on the Thai site with Thai name. They will notify her when she has a 3rd jab slot. Assume AZ ?

On 9/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, oldcpu said:

I drove my Thai wife to the Phuket Orchid Resort Spa for her AZ booster jab earlier this morning.  Her appointment was at 9am.  We arrived at 8:35am, and she was out / finished (including a 30-minute wait after the jab) by 9:35am.  I was surprised how quick.

She noted they were very organized, and with the paperwork mostly already online in their database, it sped up the process.  Her main complaint was she kept having to shuffle chairs to new 'zones' (when in line) not giving her enough time to spam people on social media from her mobile device.  ... lol !!

She noted her first two (Sinovac) jabs were in completed prior to the end of May this year, while her Thai friends (who also received 2 jabs of Sinovac, and have yet to be advised of an AZ booster) had their Sinovac jabs in June/July.  So maybe timing is also a factor here? < unsure >

Afterward she successfully used the MorProm app (on her Android Tablet) to get an electronic certificate of her vaccinations (ie it lists on 1-page her 2xSinovac and 1xAZ). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1