Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

14 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I read somewhere 1 x AZ vaccine is pretty useless against Delta variant, but 2 x AZ jabs gives a lot more protection....

2x Sinovac is pretty useless against Delta, but in all cases you're far more protected against hospitalization and serious illness with any vaccine as oppose to no vaccine, a bit hard to get this message across....! 

Getting the message across shouldn't be too difficult  -  getting that message accepted is another matter.

• Like 2

So I have registered on the Phuket Win site exactly a week ago. After registering I have never received any kind of confirmation or appointment date. Zero communication was received from them since submitting my data. Is that the normal process? 

Edited by insertcoins

1 hour ago, insertcoins said:

So I have registered on the Phuket Win site exactly a week ago. After registering I have never received any kind of confirmation or appointment date. Zero communication was received from them since submitting my data. Is that the normal process? 

It will confirm that your registration has been received...later it will say if you are approved or not. If you're approved, it will show the reservation options page.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

It will confirm that your registration has been received...later it will say if you are approved or not. If you're approved, it will show the reservation options page.

Hi PS, your 2nd jab is today right? I guess it's Sinovac+AZ mix, as I just saw this info for my gf's 2nd jab tomorrow @airport, and my 2nd jab next week in Karon...

If you don't mind to let us know was it faster than 1st jab? And did they need anything else except passport and appointment slip? (for 1st jab they needed 2 consent forms and passport & visa copies).

Thanks!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Hi PS, your 2nd jab is today right? I guess it's Sinovac+AZ mix, as I just saw this info for my gf's 2nd jab tomorrow @airport, and my 2nd jab next week in Karon...

If you don't mind to let us know was it faster than 1st jab? And did they need anything else except passport and appointment slip? (for 1st jab they needed 2 consent forms and passport & visa copies).

Thanks!

One day off...tomorrow morning ???? Just hope it doesn't poor rain like this morning...it's a long drive from Chalong!

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

One day off...tomorrow morning ???? Just hope it doesn't poor rain like this morning...it's a long drive from Chalong!

Oh OK I thought yours #2 was today Aug/3... Happy birthday ????

My gf's #2 is tomorrow 11am... Kata to Airport, raincoats ready lol.

Today we checked her appointment status, and saw #2=AZ news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Oh OK I thought yours #2 was today Aug/3... Happy birthday ????

My gf's #2 is tomorrow 11am... Kata to Airport, raincoats ready lol.

Today we checked her appointment status, and saw #2=AZ news.

That's interesting about the A-Z for second shot...I knew they were considering it but didn't think they would get their ducks in order to do it by the time of my second jab. I'm in the 10 a.m. group.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Had to cancel my last 3 bookings at Orchid, Airport and Patong Hospital due to a broken leg, hoping they will be jabbing closer to Chalong soon, good luck to all those that have been jabbed so far.

No, they won't be jabbing "closer" to Chalong.

People from Chalong are directed to go to Orchid, which, let's face it, just over the hill from Chalong and can hardly be called far away.

Get a taxi. A second jab is far too important to miss.

I would do whatever is necessary to haul my carcass over a single hill to complete vaccination.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

No, they won't be jabbing "closer" to Chalong.

People from Chalong are directed to go to Orchid, which, let's face it, just over the hill from Chalong and can hardly be called far away.

Get a taxi. A second jab is far too important to miss.

I would do whatever is necessary to haul my carcass over a single hill to complete vaccination.

Thanks, I'm okay with Orchid which is a short journey from my house, hopefully the next appointments will be available soon and hopefully at Orchid, I want to be fully fit before getting the 1st Jab, I'll be that in a couple of weeks.

37 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Just a heads up for those who will be getting the AstraZeneca vaccine...it's a bit of a whack to the head...at least it was for me. I had no side effects from my initial Sinovac shot, other than a bit a soreness for a couple days at the injection site. One could almost wonder if there was anything other than saline solution in the syringe.

This definitely wasn't the case with my second shot with the AZ vaccine. About 3-4 hours after injection, I started to feel a fit fatigued and a bit of ache in my muscles and joints. After another couple hours I started to feel a bit feverish. Post 7-8 hours I had a full on fever, with alternating chills (had to put on thick socks while lying in bed under a comforter and turn off air-con) and sweats. This continued through the first night of my vaccination. By morning I felt much better and by mid-morning no longer had a temperature. I did however have a slight headache for most of the day. Two days post vaccination, I am basically fully recovered, with just the injection site tenderness. These are all known documented side effects of the virus, and can be expected in most recipients. 

If you get an AZ shot, I would definitely not plan on anything for the rest of the day and the next, as there's a good chance you'll need the time to rest and recover.

Good description of my reaction to the first shot of AstraZeneca.  It's a fairly normal response and did go away after about a day or so.  Only thing I would do differently is take a Paracetamol at the first sign of a headache.  I felt back to normal the second night after the jab.  I wouldn't have wanted to do anything important the first day after the jab.  As I'm retired not a problem.

• Like 1

It may be worth while for those who received their first AZ jab in June (in Phuket), with a 2nd jab scheduled for September, to start checking to see if there has been a change (advancement) in the appointment date for the 2nd jab. 

I am seeing now some date changes ... for example some of the 1st jabs given at the Airport, with 2nd jab scheduled for September, are now having the dates advanced to August.

My wife tells me (who read such on a Thai language website)  that those who received jabs in late June at Orchard Hotel in Karon, may also have their dates advanced from mid-September dates ... but no announcement yet.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

It may be worth while for those who received their first AZ jab in June (in Phuket), with a 2nd jab scheduled for September, to start checking to see if there has been a change (advancement) in the appointment date for the 2nd jab. 

I am seeing now some date changes ... for example some of the 1st jabs given at the Airport, with 2nd jab scheduled for September, are now having the dates advanced to August.

My wife tells me (who read such on a Thai language website)  that those who received jabs in late June at Orchard Hotel in Karon, may also have their dates advanced from mid-September dates ... but no announcement yet.

Good idea to check.  Just did and mine remains scheduled for the 17th of September.  Not expecting there will be individual notification so good to check phuket.win gray button occasionally.  Hopefully there would be some announcement in the English language press, but you can't count on it.

• Like 2

I should add that my wife read this schedule change was 'in the works' for those age-60 and over. She did not read if it would apply to those under age-60, but it still might apply to all - she just did not read that. 

Her Thai aunt (who is in her 80s) had her 2nd AZ jab appointment (here in Phuket) advanced from 13-September to 25-August.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

I check every couple of days. My second AZ jab is still the same as it always was. 17th September at Karon Orchid.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Good idea to check.  Just did and mine remains scheduled for the 17th of September.  Not expecting there will be individual notification so good to check phuket.win gray button occasionally.  Hopefully there would be some announcement in the English language press, but you can't count on it.

The day before I go, I'll check with Chalong hospital that vaccinations will indeed be happening.

They administer the program at the Karon Orchid.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I check every couple of days. My second AZ jab is still the same as it always was. 17th September at Karon Orchid.

I believe that everyone who has had their first AZ dose is having their second brought forward, in all locations.   I know you read Thai KB, check this link.   Have doubts about receiving an SMS, but check the Phuketmustwin site every day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1671298869766715/permalink/3164869427076311

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I believe that everyone who has had their first AZ dose is having their second brought forward, in all locations.   I know you read Thai KB, check this link.   Have doubts about receiving an SMS, but check the Phuketmustwin site every day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1671298869766715/permalink/3164869427076311

Many thanks pag. I only speak Thai, not read and write. Google translate worked. My appointment is still the 17th Sept on the Phuketmustwin site.

Might check with Chalong hospital soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

My wife shared with me the Facebook reference where she read this (it is a Thai language page):  https://th-th.facebook.com/pg/Phuketandamannews.FC/photos/

I have attached the page relevant to Karon Orchid (where like you my 2nd AZ appointment is there also for 17-September) and thus far there is no change.  Below is my 'Google' translation of that page, which may have some inaccuracies:

= = = =  start of low quality translation = = = =

Karon Orchard Resort and Spa

The original appointment was 13-16 September-2021 was changed to 16-18-August-2021

Those who have appointment 17-23 September-2021 to come for appointment at same date and time

You will receive an SMS informing you of the change to the date of the vaccination appointment.
Please come at the date and time specified in the SMS.

Please bring the certificate with your ID/passport document to the authorities to receive the injection

= = = =  end of low quality translation  = = = =

03-karon-orchard-spa-and-resort-640w.jpg.4de63cace9a5ca9c792fccdfebee925b.jpg

There are also similar pages on that site for injections given at the Airport X-Terminal, Patong Jungceylon, and Saphan Hin, which I could also post here if requested (together with my rather low quality translations). 

My suspicion is the dates given for advanced appointments are still not applicable to many / most expats on the island < not sure >.

Thanks for sharing this.  At a minimum it encourages me to check the phuket.win (gray button) site on a daily basis as I too have a 2nd AZ jab scheduled at Phuket Orchid for September 17.  If I were to receive an SMS from the phuket.win site it would be most surprising, I think.

• Like 2

Finished 2nd shot for me and parents @ Karon Orchid, quick & easy, very few people late afternoon... Will go to Chalong hospital for 'vaccine certificate', worker said it's *for domestic travel only*... For international travel there is 'vaccine passport', but it's issued in BKK... I asked how about Phuket (since my parents will fly out of HKT), they said no idea... anybody knows if this 'vaccine passport' can be done in Phuket?

• Like 2

It depends which country you want to travel to, as far as I know UK does not accept it for incoming travellers who are fully vaccinated in Thailand, so have to quarantine for 10 days anyway.

If some other country accept it, then I'm pretty sure the certificate from Chalong hospital would be sufficient - I got it for 1 AZ jab (useful for local travel) and it looks pretty official, and in English. 

• Like 2