Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

26 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

"and then bought Japan rejects (at a bargain price) and that is the only reason non working expats were even offered a vaccination. "

Got any evidence that this vaccine was rejected by Japan because of defects?

Or, was it just excess?

Not because of defects. The Japanese were worried about the blood clotting and had to either accept or reject because the Use By Date was approaching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveC said:

That is an improvement on the website.

At least they are now trying to give a reason. Non immigrant 1 year was the correct selection. Dept. of Employment is a new angle which I had not heard of.

Immigration have the capability of accessing your application and can reset (delete) your current form. My advice would be to allow 2 days maximum and then off to Immigration.

Thailand sold all their AZ overseas for profit and then bought Japan rejects (at a bargain price) and that is the only reason non working expats were even offered a vaccination. My understanding is that it has now run out (except for allowance for 2nd doses). The hospitals are telling people who wish to purchase that nothing is available until October (unless of course you are a French citizen).

Follow up - I went to Orchid Karon in person this morning, gave the lady at the desk my passport and said issues with online registration "I do not have a work permit" she took my passport to the doctor came back and said come back July 3 (she will be working then) - 9am for AZ.  Interesting, looks like I have a verbal vaccination appointment Saturday, she also stated immigration has been getting involved at times checking  entry and visa status for foreigners.  I'll be sure to check the Use by Date ! Jesus Christ.........  

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Follow up - I went to Orchid Karon in person this morning, gave the lady at the desk my passport and said issues with online registration "I do not have a work permit" she took my passport to the doctor came back and said come back July 3 (she will be working then) - 9am for AZ.  Interesting, looks like I have a verbal vaccination appointment Saturday, she also stated immigration has been getting involved at times checking  entry and visa status for foreigners.  I'll be sure to check the Use by Date ! Jesus Christ.........  

That is an encouraging update. 

Unfortunately the extra messages showing for non approved applications on phuket.win are meaningless because you are unable to check or edit your input.

The only possible verification is entering the erroneous Passport Number.

Edited by DaveC
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

I just heard from a friend, who's friend is a French citizen living in Kathu, she just received a JJ jab at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.  The lucky French !!!  

I also heard someone swear that Bangkok Hospital has vaccines and you can pay and get it right away....!!!!?

I advised against it as I heard there are a lot of scams now and also many clinics and hospitals take the money and reserve a jab for like next week, but say next week again when people turn up...., so it will be interesting if this story is true, and they actually have , right now, a real, unexpired, unspolit and approved Covid vaccine ( not a seasonal flu jab...555)...

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

I also heard someone swear that Bangkok Hospital has vaccines and you can pay and get it right away....!!!!?

I advised against it as I heard there are a lot of scams now and also many clinics and hospitals take the money and reserve a jab for like next week, but say next week again when people turn up...., so it will be interesting if this story is true, and they actually have , right now, a real, unexpired, unspolit and approved Covid vaccine ( not a seasonal flu jab...555)...

Bangkok Hospital (and Siriroj) opened this morning for applications to receive either one or two Moderna vaccinations.  They won't be available until circa October or so, with a recommended 4 weeks between doses.   There were major IT problems when they opened on-line and it took 90 minutes or so before people could actually register.   It then closed for applications shortly afterwards.    Many angry people questioning the organisation of this roll out, and remember, this is paying up front for something that isn't available yet.

Given all of this, I think the prospect that Bangkok Hospital "has vaccines and you can pay and get it right away....!!!!?" is complete BS.   I have not doubt that there may be those related or connected to people of influence in the medical field who can perhaps obtain the unobtainable, but the chances of that falling into a Farang's lap, there is more chance of the Salvation Army buying Suzy Wong's.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Today, about 10 days after registering, I was approved for the Phuket Win Sinovac vaccine. My appointment is on the 14th at Phuket airport.

They seem to be getting vaccines in batches, if don't fancy Sinovac, don't select it, check after a day (or two), maybe they offer AZ. If not then select whatever is available...., but not wait too long, all options maybe be gone by then, and have to wait for the next batch....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Today, about 10 days after registering, I was approved for the Phuket Win Sinovac vaccine. My appointment is on the 14th at Phuket airport.

Received my Vaccination appointment for Sinovac also on the 14th of this month, gf has had both Sinovac jabs already, friend has had first Sinovac jab with no problems.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

They seem to be getting vaccines in batches, if don't fancy Sinovac, don't select it, check after a day (or two), maybe they offer AZ. If not then select whatever is available...., but not wait too long, all options maybe be gone by then, and have to wait for the next batch....

I am also signed up for the Moderna vaccine in October (if it gets here).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I am also signed up for the Moderna vaccine in October (if it gets here).

I thought about the Moderna but then thought "what are the chances of it actually becoming available plus paying up front, also the possibility of having to fight for a refund if " I asked them the question "will I get a refund if the Moderna Vaccine never arrives" no answer!!

Good luck!

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I thought about the Moderna but then thought "what are the chances of it actually becoming available plus paying up front, also the possibility of having to fight for a refund if " I asked them the question "will I get a refund if the Moderna Vaccine never arrives" no answer!!

It was very difficult to successfully register (and receive confirmation & make payment) for the Moderna offerings by Bangkok Hospital Phuket, as the demand greatly exceeded the supply. 

My wife and I tried (with separate laptop computers) on the Wednesday starting at about 08:55am (prior to the 09:00 alleged opening) and kept trying every few seconds or so.  Within a few minutes after 09:00 (after unsuccessfully trying) my computer indicated to me the Hospital website was down. This was confirmed later when Hospital noted on Facebook its website down and due to come back at 10:30am.  I think it came back at around 10:33 am or so, and registrations closed at about 10:45am (maybe sooner). 

My wife was successful (which was good as she has only had Sinovac), with her getting an SMS 6-hours later saying registration successful (after which she immediately paid)  but I was not (I received an SMS a day later saying I was not successful), where it is less important for myself to succeed as I have had AstraZeneca, and I was thinking of a 2nd jab or a booster for myself.

I suspect it could be November timeframe before she gets her Moderna jab.

My wife and my view, even before we started trying to register, was that (even true now with her having paid now) if there is no Moderna provided (despite having paid), it is a relatively inexpensive donation to the Hospital, where the private hospitals are seriously suffering financially at present, and they are not allowed to take much (any ? ) profit off of the vaccines.   We agreed (prior to our attempt to register) to consider this worst case a donation to the hospital, and best case one of us might even get the vaccine jab.

• Like 2

Hi, I just arrived to Phuket two weeks ago from Krabi. I am a 37 year old expat that would love to get vaccinated. I do not work in Thailand. Is it possible at all for me to get vaccinated? I am willing to pay for it and am not picky about which type of vaccination I will receive. 

1 hour ago, insertcoins said:

Hi, I just arrived to Phuket two weeks ago from Krabi. I am a 37 year old expat that would love to get vaccinated. I do not work in Thailand. Is it possible at all for me to get vaccinated? I am willing to pay for it and am not picky about which type of vaccination I will receive. 

For the free government vaccination scheme, my understanding is you must be a registered Thai or foreign resident of Phuket (otherwise people would be flocking here from all over Thailand to get vaccinated). If you have taken long term accommodations on the island, and the landlord or lodging owner registers you as living here with immigration, you should be able to get the shot. The first step is to get registered as a resident and then sign up on the "Phuket Win" website.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:04 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

All together took about 2 hours today at Phuket Airport, Terminal X, to compete the vaccination process. It was all very calm and orderly. I would suggest getting there 15-30 minutes early as then you will be at the front of your time group's que (but don't go at 9 a.m. if you have a 10 a.m. time slot thinking you will join the earlier group...they will just direct you to the 10 a.m. group waiting area). The Terminal X building is located adjacent to the International Terminal...you take the entry into the Terminal but keep to the left of the pick-up and departure ramps and continue straight to the first road on the left. Turn left and about 200m down the road is TX. (It's also on Google Maps.)

IMG-20210714-WA0002.jpeg

Same experience, took my girlfriend to get her 1st jab, we were there at the same time as you ???? Only annoyance was that at the time of her booking only Terminal X was available, but from yesterday Karon Orchid is on again, I booked mine for Monday, will ask them if possible to get her 2nd jab there too, not to drive again from Kata to airport.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, insertcoins said:

Try your luck on Phuket.win website, but make sure your TM30 is Phuket address, because your vaccination needs approval from Phuket government (that's why there's few days waiting between booking and confirmation). My Volunteer vida is from some northern province, but my TM30 is Phuket, vaccine booked OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Same experience, took my girlfriend to get her 1st jab, we were there at the same time as you ???? Only annoyance was that at the time of her booking only Terminal X was available, but from yesterday Karon Orchid is on again, I booked mine for Monday, will ask them if possible to get her 2nd jab there too, not to drive again from Kata to airport.

Yeah...a bummer if jabs are now as close as Karon (I'm in Chalong); but it's still closer than a trip Stateside for me.

• Like 1

Try your luck on Phuket.win website, but make sure your TM30 is Phuket address, because your vaccination needs approval from Phuket government (that's why there's few days waiting between booking and confirmation). My Volunteer vida is from some northern province, but my TM30 is Phuket, vaccine booked OK.

Sorry too late to edit: I meant "vaccination needs approval from Phuket *Immigration*"

(after you submit the details, system sends it to Phuket Immigration first, and then they approve it to vaccination center to schedule appointments... vaccination worker told us)

My girlfriend has Tourist visa and mine is Volunteer visa, we both got jabs confirmation.

58 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yeah...a bummer if jabs are now as close as Karon (I'm in Chalong); but it's still closer than a trip Stateside for me.

Monday I'm getting 1st jab in Karon Orchid, we will ask them if possible to change the location for my gf's 2nd jab to Karon (her 1st jab was at the Airport X), I will keep you posted here.

• Thanks 1

Monday I'm getting 1st jab in Karon Orchid, we will ask them if possible to change the location for my gf's 2nd jab to Karon (her 1st jab was at the Airport X), I will keep you posted here.

I was allocated a space at Phuket airport for my first AZ jab, but had so many friends going to Karon to get theirs so I tried to change it, but was told I couldn't.

However it can be done and all you need to do is to cancel your girlfriend's appointment at the airport and she will be given an alternative, which may well include Karon, as mine did – – good luck.

PS. I live in Patong, so perhaps that made the change a lot easier.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I was allocated a space at Phuket airport for my first AZ jab, but had so many friends going to Karon to get theirs so I tried to change it, but was told I couldn't.

However it can be done and all you need to do is to cancel your girlfriend's appointment at the airport and she will be given an alternative, which may well include Karon, as mine did – – good luck.

PS. I live in Patong, so perhaps that made the change a lot easier.

Thanks Xylo, but I was talking about her 2nd jab (can't be canceled since she got 1st jab already, now she only has a paper & sticker saying to come 3 weeks later, same place XT).

We will try her luck in Karon Orhid, I'll ask them if it's possible to change her 2nd jab to there.

• Like 1

Just to report today's experience from vaccination at Karon Orchid today, took my parents for 1st jab: it was an absolute breeze - everything done in just over 1 hour (including 30 minutes 'cool-down' after jab), not to mention big convenience for us coming from Kata (>5 minutes slow bike ride). Very few people, everything was very fast, efficient and relaxing (all a bit opposite from last week at the Airport 11am where I took my girlfriend for her 1st jab), probably helped that I booked the last slot 3pm, there were more staff than people coming ???? 2nd shot same place Karon Orchid, August/9.

@Pattaya Spotter: I asked them if my gf can get her 2nd jab in Karon (she had 1st jab at the Airport) - 1st desk worker said "No"... 2nd desk worker said "Yes, but Karon Orchid has 2nd jabs on Aug/9 only, so it's up to her to risk & try"... 3rd worker (jab hall registration) said "Yes" but they cannot update the booking, "just let her come to Karon Aug/9" (after she miss original slot @ Airport Aug/4, so it's a bit of a risk)... 4th worker (exit cool-down desk) said "Yes ", but then her colleague mentioned possible complication since Airport jabs are handled by Thalang hospital (not Chalong), so no idea really lol...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sallecc said:

Just to report today's experience from vaccination at Karon Orchid today, took my parents for 1st jab: it was an absolute breeze - everything done in just over 1 hour (including 30 minutes 'cool-down' after jab), not to mention big convenience for us coming from Kata (>5 minutes slow bike ride). Very few people, everything was very fast, efficient and relaxing (all a bit opposite from last week at the Airport 11am where I took my girlfriend for her 1st jab), probably helped that I booked the last slot 3pm, there were more staff than people coming ???? 2nd shot same place Karon Orchid, August/9.

@Pattaya Spotter: I asked them if my gf can get her 2nd jab in Karon (she had 1st jab at the Airport) - 1st desk worker said "No"... 2nd desk worker said "Yes, but Karon Orchid has 2nd jabs on Aug/9 only, so it's up to her to risk & try"... 3rd worker (jab hall registration) said "Yes" but they cannot update the booking, "just let her come to Karon Aug/9" (after she miss original slot @ Airport Aug/4, so it's a bit of a risk)... 4th worker (exit cool-down desk) said "Yes ", but then her colleague mentioned possible complication since Airport jabs are handled by Thalang hospital (not Chalong), so no idea really lol...

Good for you. Hopefully it will be a little faster at the airport for #2 on 3 August doe me birthday overall can't complain when you see what's happening in the rest of the country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Had to cancel my Sinovac jabs due to a broken leg, now booked Astra Zeneca. 1st jab in Aug 2nd jab in Nov at Patong Hospital.

The lemonade is you'll be getting a supposedly better vaccine. Sorry about the????

• Like 1

I read somewhere 1 x AZ vaccine is pretty useless against Delta variant, but 2 x AZ jabs gives a lot more protection....

2x Sinovac is pretty useless against Delta, but in all cases you're far more protected against hospitalization and serious illness with any vaccine as oppose to no vaccine, a bit hard to get this message across....! 

• Like 1