Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

It depends which country you want to travel to, as far as I know UK does not accept it for incoming travellers who are fully vaccinated in Thailand, so have to quarantine for 10 days anyway.

If some other country accept it, then I'm pretty sure the certificate from Chalong hospital would be sufficient - I got it for 1 AZ jab (useful for local travel) and it looks pretty official, and in English. 

The people at Orchid, during the 30 minute recovery, insisted that it was no good for international travel. You don't know for certain that it will be accepted, so why take the risk?

We were told that an internationally recognized vaccine passport would be given to us at Suvarnabhumi in exchange for the Chalong hospital issued paper.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The people at Orchid, during the 30 minute recovery, insisted that it was no good for international travel. You don't know for certain that it will be accepted, so why take the risk?

We were told that an internationally recognized vaccine passport would be given to us at Suvarnabhumi in exchange for the Chalong hospital issued paper.

What may also be important here is that the Thailand produced astra vaccines are not (yet) recognized in the EU.

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

I stand corrected. My assumption ( hope) is this is temporary

https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2021/07/02/eu-vaccine-passport-doesnt-recognise-astrazeneca-vaccines-given-to-malaysia/

... the Thai AZ did pass the necessary quality checks.

From your link "The European Medicines Agency’s approval for AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea, Thailand, or Japan that supply Malaysia.".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

From your link "The European Medicines Agency’s approval for AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea, Thailand, or Japan that supply Malaysia.".

Indeed.  As I said "I stand corrected".

Hopefully this will be addressed in the future, and that the AZ production facilities in the countries noted (not yet accepted by EMA) will apply for and obtain acceptance.

I do note not all European countries require a quarantine upon entry, if one has been tested very recently for the virus.  But the situation is dynamic, and this could change with quarantines needed in the future.

• Like 2

Just had new Vaccination dates come through but it is for mixed Vaccines, Sinovac and AZ I'm not sure it it's wise to mix Vaccines, what is posters opinions on this, I would rather have 2 AZ but have not been given that option at the moment, is it best to cancel and wait for both of the same?

My Step Daughter tells me that a 39 Yr old women has died having mixed Vaccines!!

Edited by Badrabbit

11 hours ago, Agusts said:

I have seen cars in the outside multi-story parking, on the south side, and a guy in the entrance booth, so I'm pretty sure that's open...., the underground parking maybe closed - not sure...

Be careful if parking outside, as parking on the red marked road will get you chained up! Saw a car yesterday with a chain wrapped around the wheel and door............easy money for cash starved BIB!

15 hours ago, Agusts said:

I have seen cars in the outside multi-story parking, on the south side, and a guy in the entrance booth, so I'm pretty sure that's open...., the underground parking maybe closed - not sure...

Thank you. the multi-story parking whas open .vaksine done and dusted in about an hour .

• Like 2

Does anyone know where they are vaccinating right now or in the coming two weeks? I was finally able to get an appointment through Phuketwin but it is still over a month away. I am hoping I could just drive by one of the current vaccination locations and maybe get some left over shots or one from someone who didnt show up.

Edited by insertcoins

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

I speculate (emphasis on 'speculation') that there may be a few day (week ? ) pause in vaccinations in Phuket ?  This morning my Thai wife took her 85+ year old aunt, to where she had an appointment for her second AZ jab (Karon Orchard) and there were no jabs being given.   

Correction to my post ... This was at the Phuket Merlin and not Karon Orchard.

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

Correction to my post ... This was at the Phuket Merlin and not Karon Orchard.

Thanks for the information about the rescheduling. 

It confirms my phuket.win mantra:  "don't expect to be notified, if you're interested to see if anything has changed check your appointment on the site."  Admittedly not optimal but seems to be the reality.

A minor correction, Karon Orchard is usually referred to as Karon Orchid, or more formally as Phuket Orchid Resort and Spa, Karon Beach.

I haven't noticed any change in my September 17 2nd AZ jab appointment.  Yet.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, oldcpu said:

I speculate (emphasis on 'speculation') that there may be a few day (week ? ) pause in vaccinations in Phuket ?  This morning my Thai wife took her 85+ year old aunt, to where she had an appointment for her second AZ jab (Karon Orchard) and there were no jabs being given.    My wife checked the "phuket must win" and the link for Thai people to check on their appointments was disabled (but it does still work for foreigners).  My wife then phoned the phone number on the appointment sheet, and learned her aunt's appointment for today, 25-August, had been delayed a week back to 1-September-2021.

This Phuket News article explains what happened wrt the vaccination (2nd jab) of my Thai wife's aunt being delayed:

apparently the staff who were to give the vaccination, had been called to help conduct proactive screening in various areas [across the island]. Because of the staff exposure to people infected with the virus, it was thus deemed necessary to quarantine  the officers and staff for 14 days.

So it appears it was NOT a policy decision to delay the 2nd jab to increase AZ efficacy (by delaying jab) nor due to an AZ vaccine shortage of AZ vaccine doses that should currently be in Phuket - but rather it was a precaution due to the staff (who administer the vaccine) being exposed to the virus.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Only for registering. No vaccine available, yet.

Indeed, though a prompt for those who haven't yet registered or received anything, with it appears, a choice including Pfizer.

12 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Received an SMS changing all the dates for the second jab at Karon, though, the website hasn't been changed yet.

Those waiting for the 17th to 20th September, the date has been brought forward to 6th to 9th September.

No change to phuket.win yet for me.  Still on the 17th September.  No SMS.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Received an SMS changing all the dates for the second jab at Karon, though, the website hasn't been changed yet.

Those waiting for the 17th to 20th September, the date has been brought forward to 6th to 9th September.

So I assume my  Sept 23rd jab is a go ? Have not received any sms. Maybe I'll hang around there 6th-9th showing my paper slip, hate to miss #2 !!!

• Like 1