foreigners and expat.

rodknock

registration at local hospitals, might be some designated ones.

also each province suppose to have their own online application. The mentioned site was only for bkk.

even if you are in bkk, you can still go to your hospital or the nearest one.

the gov promised free treatment for all covid cases. The problem is with hospitels, they are from around 40k for 14 days. Health insurance covers it, but you can get additional covid insurances.

in the meantime do flu shot and other shots recommended for your age

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

It's a good question.Many foreigners are getting vaccinated through their employment/pink card mor phrom sign up and even a few via Intervac.But the majority are still looking for a way through and at the moment - in Bangkok anyway (there seems greater set of options in provinces) Intervac seems the only prospect.At the moment it doesn't work so I think the wide concern felt is justified.

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

what country is on your passport and can you afford a short stay there and a round trip ticket?

I flew to the UK on 22nd April and had my first dose of the vaccine the following day. Get my second dose tomorrow and then will plan my return to Thailand in mid July. Job done.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, polpott said:

I flew to the UK on 22nd April and had my first dose of the vaccine the following day. Get my second dose tomorrow and then will plan my return to Thailand in mid July. Job done.

i'm hearing chatter about needing a booster next year. you may need to go back again for a booster of the same type of vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Jingthing said:

In Pattaya, nothing. 

Unless you're willing to pay for Moderna and wait until October.

For those living in Pattaya who are interested in getting the Moderna vaccine, you can register from now until 25th June at Memorial Hospital Pattaya. You have to pay 4,000 baht up front and you will be vaccinated in October. Price does not include doctors fee #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405895710386520067

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

For those living in Pattaya who are interested in getting the Moderna vaccine, you can register from now until 25th June at Memorial Hospital Pattaya. You have to pay 4,000 baht up front and you will be vaccinated in October. Price does not include doctors fee #Thailand

Too late, the first dose will be given well after the Pattaya version of the sandbox has started, and probably even after Thailand has fully reopened to foreign tourists if Mr. P. has his (slightly demented) way. The second dose would then be in November with maximum immunity not being achieved until the end of that month or else in December. Surely, we need a vaccination that's going to provide some protection well before they start opening the doors to people arriving here bearing the gift of new variants.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Jingthing said:

In Pattaya, nothing. 

Memorial Hospital is taking bookings now for an October Moderna shot. 4000 THB up front for 2 shots. I think just turn up with passport and get a queue number. I was there today and have been before. Plenty of foreigners there.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, internationalism said:

registration at local hospitals, might be some designated ones.

also each province suppose to have their own online application. The mentioned site was only for bkk.

even if you are in bkk, you can still go to your hospital or the nearest one.

the gov promised free treatment for all covid cases. The problem is with hospitels, they are from around 40k for 14 days. Health insurance covers it, but you can get additional covid insurances.

in the meantime do flu shot and other shots recommended for your age

I went to register at the private hospital in BKK that has my records yesterday.  Told, "Sorry  we can't do that!" ???????????? SNAFU! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

So already hospitals are ignoring the govt directive that fees for Moderna ( 1900 baht / jab ) are INCLUSIVE of ALL drs and hospital fees. Didn't take them long did it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

I went to register at the private hospital in BKK that has my records yesterday.  Told, "Sorry  we can't do that!" ???????????? SNAFU! 

Did they tell you how much it would cost for them to change their minds ?

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I registered on Chiang Mai wall they sent me the 13 digit number it’s been almost 3 weeks I’ve not heard back from them anything TIT

As per my post on an earlier newsletter today, the 13 digit code means nothing. YOu need to access the app again and down towards the bottom of the home page you should see a link for checking your registration. Select the link, input either your passport number/pink id card number ( whichever you used to register ), if your registration was successful your appointment details should be displayed, viz. date, time & hospital.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:11 PM, JTXR said:

I registered at the Chulabhorn Academy.  A few days later, their whole program was stopped. 

I registered and got an appointment at the Thailandintervac site.  It was cancelled ("postponed").

Enough is enough.  I'm taking my chances with a flight to the U.S.  At least I KNOW I can get a next-day appointment at my local pharmacy and actually get the shot(s).  And top-line vaccines, too.

Me too. Depending on how soon I can get my Non-OA annual extension done, I'm outta here as soon as I can get the PCR test and get on a plane. People are signing up for 4000 baht Moderna jobs in October at Pattaya Memorial Hospital, but I'll get mine the day after arriving in the U.S. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, anchadian said:

Just have called Memorial Hospial, told me they are"sold out".

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:00 PM, Excel said:

True what you say but out in the provinces there is absolutely no difference between us as foreigners not able to register to receive a vaccine as there is by Thais unable to register to get their vaccines either. So we are all in the same boat irrespective of whether you are Thai or a foreigner, out in my province anyway.

Absolutely no difference between foreigners and Thais. Lmao. Anyone who says that is speaking too soon.

Sigh. Like everything, the pandemic has its funny side.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:11 PM, JTXR said:

I registered at the Chulabhorn Academy.  A few days later, their whole program was stopped. 

I registered and got an appointment at the Thailandintervac site.  It was cancelled ("postponed").

Enough is enough.  I'm taking my chances with a flight to the U.S.  At least I KNOW I can get a next-day appointment at my local pharmacy and actually get the shot(s).  And top-line vaccines, too.

Not possible at least in Florida there are no appointments available! 

Walk-ins only ???? 

• Haha 1