Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Nobody expects international tourism to return to 100% in 2021. The expectation by the government is for relatively small numbers of tourists after October.

So you admit I stated fact then..........................get a grip man

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mancub said:

Actually, if you study the figures for Tuesdays, it would seem to contradict your argument. But it's only figures anyway.

The spikes are not just on Tuesdays, they are seen on Sundays and Mondays. I am guessing that these spikes are due to backlogs of lab tests being processed in one day.

But they seem to be artifacts. 

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Nobody expects international tourism to return to 100% in 2021. The expectation by the government is for relatively small numbers of tourists after October.

July 1st is when they expect arrivals to start, or have your forgotten about the sandbox which is about to be swamped by a triple wave by the sounds of it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My very point. The fella that attended for test could have obtained false positive.

Apparently false positives are quite common, although your next test might be a few boring days away. Someone I know was sent home, told to isolate and wait by the phone. Was then picked up late the next day to start 2 weeks in a hospital facility.

Looks like being between the devil and the deep blue.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Sandbox, yes lets put our heads there since they are opening up Phuket Full on  to include all entertainment venues, pools, gyms, and the ability to drink alcohol outside of your own home.

Four months more patience and then everything will reopen to the PM said his amulet advisor.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The spikes are not just on Tuesdays, they are seen on Sundays and Mondays. I am guessing that these spikes are due to backlogs of lab tests being processed in one day.

But they seem to be artifacts. 

Artifacts like King Tut and the tombs of the Pharaohs, nice to have the comparison.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

So you admit I stated fact then..........................get a grip man

If so, it was pointless.

your reaction to today’s numbers was that tourism will not return to pre-Covid levels in 2021, due to the current wave. Which is not true. Even if this wave were to go away tomorrow, there is no chance of tourism returning to normal in 2021.

3 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Please highlight the spikes after the weekend so we can see what you are seeing because we are not seeing it and I got new glasses 3 weeks ago. 

Did you get the rose coloured glasses?If not that might be the problem.

4 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Four months more patience and then everything will reopen to the PM said his amulet advisor.

Is it a large mirrored amulet where he can see himself talking back to hi and telling him how he is the fairest in the land.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If so, it was pointless.

your reaction to today’s numbers was that tourism will not return to pre-Covid levels in 2021, due to the current wave. Which is not true. Even if this wave were to go away tomorrow, there is no chance of tourism returning to normal in 2021.

Get things right dude. I said it is dead in the water. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sixty percent of the UK adult population is double vaccinated.....  be realistic, just over half. Yes over 80% have had a single jab, but we deal now with the Delta variant and 2 jabs is what is needed. 

I am worried for Thailand now.

Also troubling is the Sinovac is not a strong combatant against Delta......

1 minute ago, Swimfan said:

I would call that a realistic assessment based on the data. Not a prediction. 

Even if cases went to zero tomorrow, there is no chance for tourism to hit pre-Covid levels in 2021.

It’s like saying: based on today’s numbers, I think the Sun will come up tomorrow.

• Confused 2

Just now, Blumpie said:

Next to no vaccines, virus out of control and home countries warning against all non essential travel.  

You really think anyone is going to vacation there?  

It depends on what happens with this wave, and the level of vaccinations.

In any case, I believe that the COE process in itself will limit tourism. Thai overseas embassies are not equipped to handle large numbers of applications. Nor will large numbers of potential tourists bother with a COE.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No, this refers to taxi drivers or anyone who has a lot of face to face during their work. 

Still unable to read a sarcastic post and understand it......

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

You really think anyone is going to vacation there?  

First up agree with you. 

Think most folk that will come will be expats.

Not all expats with wife etc actually live in Thailand. 

This sandbox thing, it's difficult to even know if non O etc will be able to use this 'back door'. Some announcements seem to indicate yes and some no.

If it's a yes then my thinking many of the sandbox numbers will be expats and Thai.

Edited by DrJack54