Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

Despite feeling GOOD, went with the wife last week and got tested.  It was over 1,000 baht but less than 1,500......forget exactly.   You know how it is......wife hears stuff, gets a little paranoid, and worries until I give her peace of mind.  

of course negative.

anyone else get tested?   how much was it?  

I knew it was negative when the lady giving me my results got a little close with the results.....she wasn't worried.  lol

I did get within 2 meters of someone last night while shopping.  but i won't get tested again.   lol

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

First spike Sat 8th second spike Mon 17th third spike Sun 23rd forth spike Mon 31, for the numbers to be reported on a Monday the processing would have to have been done on the Sunday, so it would not be a backlog occurring on the weekend.

The spikes are around weekends. We’ll see if the numbers decline sharply tomorrow.

the point is that a big drop tomorrow tells us that today’s numbers are an artifact, but similar or higher numbers tomorrow tell us that this wave is getting much worse.

I am asking the Doom and Gloomers not to waste our time with dire predictions until and unless this is shown not to be an artifact.

Yes, the government response has been poor, particularly concerning vaccine procurement. Yes, there is not enough testing. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the procedure if you tested positive?

Listen Danthe......

I asked a simple question to another poster and as usual you give a sad emote. What's the point. You have an answer then post it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The spikes are around weekends. We’ll see if the numbers decline sharply tomorrow.

the point is that a big drop tomorrow tells us that today’s numbers are an artifact, but similar or higher numbers tomorrow tell us that this wave is getting much worse.

This trend of spikes seems to go against the trend of dips in numbers that many other countries experience in the weekly cycle.

3 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

????  Go luck up the dates on which Tuesdays fell in May and June and then compare to this graph

There is a history of sharp one day spikes. It is very possible that this is another such spike, and the numbers will drop sharply tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am asking the Doom and Gloomers not to waste our time with dire predictions until and unless this is shown not to be an artifact.

Who is making predictions, I only see posters on here warning of the consequences of a further increase in numbers, a natural and logical assumption. One that would be based on all reasonable risk assessments. Whether it increases or decreases tomorrow does not matter, the trend is now clear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The UK is almost fully vaccinated and still has 10,000 cases a day. This is the new normal, Covid is not going away.

Zero coviders and covid businesses (testing, quarantine, vaccines etc.) won't give up so expect control, lockdowns, control, masking, restrictions, more control, social distancing and even more control ad infinitum.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

This trend of spikes seems to go against the trend of dips in numbers that many other countries experience in the weekly cycle.

I am guessing that these spikes are due to a backlog of lab tests being processed in one day. You may suggest other reasons.

9 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The UK is almost fully vaccinated and still has 10,000 cases a day. This is the new normal, Covid is not going away.

Sixty percent of the UK adult population is double vaccinated.....  be realistic, just over half. Yes over 80% have had a single jab, but we deal now with the Delta variant and 2 jabs is what is needed. 

I am worried for Thailand now.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

If you test positive you go to hospital.

My very point. The fella that attended for test could have obtained false positive.

Even if I was feeling ill I would be reluctant to go for test, if result could have me on cardboard bed. 

How many Thai are remaining home even if feeling ill. Certainly would not present for testing

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

My very point. The fella that attended for test could have obtained false positive.

Even if I was feeling ill I would be reluctant to go for test, if result could have me on cardboard bed. 

How many Thai are remaining home even if feeling ill. Certainly would not present for testing

Except that 2,000 people presented at a hospital yesterday and were admitted.

35 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

In other words, vaccines are no longer useful, better put your head in the sandbox, and wait maybe we are lucky.

The Sandbox, yes lets put our heads there since they are opening up Phuket Full on  to include all entertainment venues, pools, gyms, and the ability to drink alcohol outside of your own home.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am guessing that these spikes are due to a backlog of lab tests being processed in one day. You may suggest other reasons.

Nah I'll try to refrain from guessing that one as the whole Thai process has way too much opacity at the moment in keeping with their 104th ranking for transparency and corruption just like their vaccine roll out prioritising the elderly and vulnerable then rushing the vaccines to the Phuket money machine.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Its here and now completely out of control, any hopes of salvaging the tourism sector this year for international arrivals is dead in the water.”

A statement of fact, you really think this outbreak is under control you are blind. You really think they have a hope of restoring the tourism sector for international arrivals this year then ditto. The most there will be is a trickle.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

A statement of fact, you really think this outbreak is under control you are blind. You really think they have a hope of restoring the tourism sector for international arrivals this year then ditto. The most there will be is a trickle.

Nobody expects international tourism to return to 100% in 2021. The expectation by the government is for relatively small numbers of tourists after October.

• Confused 1