Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nobody expects international tourism to return to 100% in 2021. The expectation by the government is for relatively small numbers of tourists after October.

The rest of 2021 should be used to get control of whats happening here..........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

never mind Delta where did this Beta variant emerge from - both these variants are rather troubling especially considering the effectiveness of vaccines used in Thailand (and deployment cluster###) and the ability of these new variants to spread 

For the first time in Thailand I am genuinely concerned 

who in their right mind would come here for a holiday right now ?????? 

Agreed.....

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Must be time to open up and ease the restrictions now that we on top of the situation. 

Are we on top of it?

35 deaths seems pretty bad to me, but to be honest, I haven't been following the news. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Who cares about Delta variant. This is far more worrying:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28808/beta-variant-cluster-spreads-to-12-provinces/

From that article:

------------------------------------------------------------

The Poryani cluster, as it has been called by local news, has led to 111 cases in Narathiwat followed by 102 cases in Yala, 46 cases in Satun, 46 cases in Pattani, 36 cases in Songkhla, 18 in Krabi, 13 in Phatthalung and 10 in Nakhon Si Thammarat, nine in Surat Thani, five in Phang Nga and three each in Trang and Phuket, the CCSA said.

In terms of vaccine effectiveness against the Beta variant, Dr Supakit said the AstraZeneca vaccine, which is becoming Thailand’s main vaccine, has only a 10.4-per-cent chance to protect against infection from the Beta variant and it cannot prevent severe symptoms.

A study also showed that the level of protection offered by the Sinovac vaccine, another main vaccine in the country, dropped by 70 per cent against the Beta variant, he added.

------------------------------------------------------------

Admittedly only one case detected in Phuket, but that's detected, right? How many are silently spreading it and not detected? It will be the end of tourism for Thailand if tourists come, fully vaccinated, only to be infected by variant for which their vaccines are near completely useless.

this is very bad news indeed

55 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Despite feeling GOOD, went with the wife last week and got tested.  It was over 1,000 baht but less than 1,500......forget exactly.   You know how it is......wife hears stuff, gets a little paranoid, and worries until I give her peace of mind.  

Would have been much cheaper to go to the local psychiatric hospital and find the root of the paranoia. I was at one last month, and it was surprisingly quiet. 

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets all give a big thanks to the Hi-So's in Thong lor for the majority of this third wave outbreak, barring of course the Beta strain now spreading.

"The new wave of infections started in Bangkok’s nightlife districts and spread throughout Thailand, leading to outbreaks in crowded areas like factories, construction camps and Thailand’s overcrowded prisons. Out of the new cases recorded today, 75 were found in correctional facilities, adding to the more than 30,000 inmates who tested positive for the virus in the recent wave."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/tuesday-covid-update-4059-new-cases-and-35-deaths

To be honest, the variant coming from Yala province would have caused a third wave, even without the HiSo stupidity.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets all give a big thanks to the Hi-So's in Thong lor for the majority of this third wave outbreak, barring of course the Beta strain now spreading.

"The new wave of infections started in Bangkok’s nightlife districts and spread throughout Thailand, leading to outbreaks in crowded areas like factories, construction camps and Thailand’s overcrowded prisons. Out of the new cases recorded today, 75 were found in correctional facilities, adding to the more than 30,000 inmates who tested positive for the virus in the recent wave."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/tuesday-covid-update-4059-new-cases-and-35-deaths

What's the point of blaming anyone? 

Just accept it, if you want peace of mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

To be honest, the variant coming from Yala province would have caused a third wave, even without the HiSo stupidity.

My mother told me it was the Muslim's fault in the UK, for refusing the vaccine on religious grounds. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are we on top of it?

35 deaths seems pretty bad to me, but to be honest, I haven't been following the news. 

A touch of sarcasm in my post and the news is restrictions are being eased and they are planing to open up to tourist next week.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Pretty obvious, you did notice I said apart from the Beta strain, ie the Yala province outbreak.....................

"barring of course the Beta strain now spreading."

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pretty obvious, you did notice I said apart from the Beta strain, ie the Yala province outbreak.....................

"barring of course the Beta strain now spreading."

I can’t keep with with the Greek names, sorry

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is a history of sharp one day spikes. It is very possible that this is another such spike, and the numbers will drop sharply tomorrow.

I think you'll find the odd spike you talk about is when prison numbers are released in chunks. Today is basically all community transmission. If it drops tomorrow it will have to drop by more than 1000 community infections from today's numbers to take it back down to the 2k's and stay there to show the last few days of >3k is an anomaly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasabi said:

Interesting how plants in the US keep having cock-ups when it comes to vaccine manufacturing. Or maybe quality control in the US is too stringent. If the Zeneca vaccines are at all usable I hope the US are not going to let them go to waste though.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Sandbox, yes lets put our heads there since they are opening up Phuket Full on  to include all entertainment venues, pools, gyms, and the ability to drink alcohol outside of your own home.

I respect and understand your concern, but my understanding from the thread earlier today on TV is that restaurants will be allowed to serve alcohol up to 11pm but entertainment venues (including small bars) will remain closed. It is only an observation and not a criticism of your post. There was an entertainment owners meeting in Patong yesterday and 16th July was thrown into the equation. Apologies if I have misunderstood anything.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Listen Danthe......

I asked a simple question to another poster and as usual you give a sad emote. What's the point. You have an answer then post it. 

Good question too. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

If this is a new peak and does not rise tomorrow then by definition the numbers will be lower tomorrow, the question is for how long will it remain that way.

As I posted yesterday, the Prison Infections are showing a massive decline ( read into that what you will ) and the Community cases are rising sharply.

Delta has a hold now, so expect more of the same again tomorrow.

• Like 2

TIMELINE: Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to recent Chonburi confirmed Covid -19 cases

Government Saving Bank Bang Sai branch in Mueang Chonburi from June 14th to June 15th from 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M..

Bansuan Soccer Club in Soi 1, Ban Suan, Mueang Chonburi on June 15th from 8:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.

Pizza shop in Nong Ree, Mueang Chonburi from June 15th to June 20th (Time was not given).

Had Yai Fried Chicken motorbike sidecar vendor at Mueang Mai Market on Phraya Sajja Road in Mueang Chonburi from June 15th to June 19th from 6:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Shabushi at Big C Sattahip mall on June 16th from 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.

R K noodle shop in Samet, Mueang Chonburi from June 16th to June 18th from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.

Social Security Office Si Racha branch on Sukhumvit Road in Thung Sukhala, Si Racha on June 17th from 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M..

Hua Sanambin Market Sahapat Group in Bueang, Si Racha on June 18th from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M..

Pa Mam fresh seafood at Pan Thong Market in Pan Thong on June 19th from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M..

Na Prao Market in Surasak, Si Racha on June 20th from 5:00 P.M. to 5:40 P.M..

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/22/timeline-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-recent-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases-6/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

As I posted yesterday, the Prison Infections are showing a massive decline ( read into that what you will ) and the Community cases are rising sharply.

Delta has a hold now, so expect more of the same again tomorrow.

Soon the prison numbers will go negative...