Trial run for the start of "Phuket Sandbox" - governor confident everything will be ready by next week

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

If not - and these would probably be local tourists - they would face an instant test before being chaperoned to their hotel for 24 hour quarantine. They would be personally informed by the health authorities of the results.

as opposed to reading it in the tealeaves of their next morning brew .. 

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

I stake my job on this being a success said the senior most official in the province.

After much thought and this being Thailand.

The most senior official in the province more likely would be saying "I stake my deputies job on this being a success" !

3 hours ago, Walkabout said:

They really expect lots of tourists, don't they ! ! !

Ive got a relative in a tidy size travel agents in London and she confirmed nobody is booking anything other than a week on the Norfolk Broads

• Like 2

The wonderful Phuket Sandwich will be unfortunately received in a lukewarm state.  Hope it's not completely spoiled, but then when your planning a scheme and it's never fully cooked or ifinished until the day it's first served what do you exoect...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Almer said:

Ive got a relative in a tidy size travel agents in London and she confirmed nobody is booking anything other than a week on the Norfolk Broads

sounds like a good idea  -  sailing alone with a beer in hand, unmolested by jetski morons, and ale to stop at pubs - very relaxing.  I might give it a try ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Narong Winsew inspected the walk from the plane, screening and temperature checks, those all important vaccine document checks, the waiting for the transport to hotels.

State approved hotels where possibly 30% of staff haven't even had a jab yet...

Safe trusted Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Could start with rehearsals for how to get out of the UK first what visa for expired long stay that can be converted etc I still have no bloody clue for example ???? 

Same as before other than METV.

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

The most senior official in the province more likely would be saying "I stake my deputies job on this being a success" !

Well he has got three to choose from so one less isn't going to make a lot of difference.