Vaccination (To be or not to be)

DUNROAMIN

On 6/29/2021 at 3:02 PM, BobinBKK said:

I only associate with people higher education such as myself.

Now I have a free minute I'll reply, I went to Oxford University , but on my way there I passed ' King's Arms ' Pub and didn't make it any further.... Given the lack of sense of humor you , apparently , have, I wonder if it's worth the trouble and time writing this?-????

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Same tired false argument. We know from excess mortality figures that your contention is false. 

It is not tired or false.  You just don't want to believe it.   And any excess mortality is not relevant any more. It is done and over.  Future mutations likely make the vaccines less and less effective just as other virus strains and vaccine programs have proven.  The world's population is in general older and weaker and will suffer more than past populace from COVID and other agents going forward.  So much of the population is more aged every year and susceptible to things. Sad but true they will be more susceptible to illness. They are kept alive longer and artificially and their deaths and sickness are inevitable.  Blaming COVID is bad science.  And the early pandemic death attributes have been shown to be exactly as I wrote.  No testing, old got hit hard.  Made things look terrible. And the majority of the population has NOT been tested.  To disagree with that is silly.  Guaranteed that millions upon millions more had or have COVID which makes the mortality percentage much much lower than some agencies claim out of ignorance

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

My thoughts are that you don't need to worry about whether to be vaccinated or not as there aren't any vaccines available in Isaan. Can't even register for one, and if you did then the appointment was probably cancelled. I managed to register before the site was closed and it gave me a vaccination date of 1st January 1970. I have also registered at my local hospital - written into a book, hi-tech Thailand style, but have heard nothing and don't expect to.

So relax. You and I are extremely - extremely - unlikely to catch the virus. The number of those who do, outside of areas where migrants gather and work, is a tiny fraction of 1%. 

Your chance over the long term is close to 100% of being infected if you are not vaccinated. Ask any doctor, Thai or otherwise. Herd immunity will take years to develop - just look at the slow vaccine rollout, mainy people don't want or can't be vaccinated, then there will be the appearance of various mutations over the comign years. Fortunately, coronaviruses  don't mutate as fast a flu viruses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Your chance over the long term is close to 100% of being infected if you are not vaccinated. Ask any doctor, Thai or otherwise. Herd immunity will take years to develop - just look at the slow vaccine rollout, mainy people don't want or can't be vaccinated, then there will be the appearance of various mutations over the comign years. Fortunately, coronaviruses  don't mutate as fast a flu viruses. 

Just to be clear...

Whether one is vaccinated or not, the chances of infection is the same, am I correct?

Even though you are vaccinated, you can be a carrier?

The only difference is that if you are vaccinated, you may avoid complications and death...???

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines?adgroupsurvey={adgroupsurvey}

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, gk10012001 said:

But how many people died from the flu?  How many people would have died from almost any ailment because they were weak, old, obese, diabetic, had emphysema, or any number of underlying conditions?  In the first few months in the USA doctors and hospitals were signing off on death certificates often without even testing since test kits were hard to come by and they decided it was not important to know for sure.  So I would take any mortality statistics with a grain of salt.  Also, bear in mind that you have no idea how many people actually had, or have the COVID since they do not test the entire population.  Odds are it is no more lethal than the flu in a bad season. 

i don't want to die from flu either. i get a flu shot.

14 hours ago, Lorry said:

No,

Yes.

No.

The difference is that you probably don't get sick at all, and probably don't infect others. 

Not going to waste more time on a covid denying troll.

"Not going to waste more time on a covid denying troll."

My heart felt apologies. I will make sure to agree with everything you say. I guess you are never wrong.

Sorry again, for wasting a couple of seconds from your very valuable and precious time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

"Not going to waste more time on a covid denying troll."

My heart felt apologies. I will make sure to agree with everything you say. I guess you are never wrong.

Sorry again, for wasting a couple of seconds from your very valuable and precious time.

Yet still you persist..................

• Confused 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kanada said:

Very few cases of the flu this last year and a half compared to years before because people are wearing masks and washing their hands etc.

Is that what they taught you in kindergarten? Proof or it's broscience

On 7/5/2021 at 5:23 PM, Kanada said:

What, in your words, is an "anti-vaxxer"? I just want to make sure I'm categorizing myself correctly. My running shoes wore out a while ago and it's time for a new pair, want to make sure I pick the right color.

Edited by jackspade
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 2:35 AM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Maybe you heard, it's been on the news quite a bit, Covid also causes death. At the time of this post, 3.91 million people worldwide have died from Covid-19. Can you guess how many people died from vaccination? And, can you tell me how many of those that allegedly died from vaccination would probably have died anyway?

I suggest you adjust your risk mitigation strategy, get yourself vaccinated, stop reading h0rse$#!t websites (anti-vaxxers and the people that believe them are the dumbest people on Earth (the round Earth, ROUND!)) and make your decisions based on real world observations, not some fringe lunatic.

Please close this topic, we don't need another one, for the love of god.

Seems like there is huge demand for the Moderna shipment of 5m expected in 4Q.  I paid a deposit on a dose as a booster from a private hospital but notice they reserve the right to refund it. So the deposit is no guarantee and it is not guaranteed to arrive even in 4Q.  Also a risk that they run out before giving second shots.  All the government's fault as they are determined to block competition for their own vaccines by hook or by hook.  Private hospitals have been trying to order Moderna and Pfizer since Oct 2020 but always slapped down.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, jackspade said:

Is that what they taught you in kindergarten? Proof or it's broscience

What, in your words, is an "anti-vaxxer"? I just want to make sure I'm categorizing myself correctly. My running shoes wore out a while ago and it's time for a new pair, want to make sure I pick the right color.

Apparently you don’t have search capabilities on your computor…there’s at least 1000 different sites you can check but here you go….

D935F2D2-6196-4BAF-AB6F-2A4856D151CA.thumb.jpeg.cfea722fd19b50900fb5be72875782d6.jpeg

Oh and as for the shoes….those are Ronald McDonald clown shoes….you might try there!

Edited by Kanada

On 7/4/2021 at 8:24 PM, gk10012001 said:

It is not tired or false.  You just don't want to believe it.   And any excess mortality is not relevant any more. It is done and over.  Future mutations likely make the vaccines less and less effective just as other virus strains and vaccine programs have proven.  The world's population is in general older and weaker and will suffer more than past populace from COVID and other agents going forward.  So much of the population is more aged every year and susceptible to things. Sad but true they will be more susceptible to illness. They are kept alive longer and artificially and their deaths and sickness are inevitable.  Blaming COVID is bad science.  And the early pandemic death attributes have been shown to be exactly as I wrote.  No testing, old got hit hard.  Made things look terrible. And the majority of the population has NOT been tested.  To disagree with that is silly.  Guaranteed that millions upon millions more had or have COVID which makes the mortality percentage much much lower than some agencies claim out of ignorance

Please……what is your point!?

looks like you just discovered “cut and paste”….you’re still beating a horse that died  a year and a half ago.

Got anything new that hasn’t been read yet?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, ravip said:

On 6/28/2021 at 5:30 AM, alant said:

IMG-20210620-WA0000.jpg

Expand  

Now is this not enough to motivate every single person on this planet to get the jab?

Makes you wonder…. All those anti-covid-vaxxers pushing the narrative that the Covid-19 vaccines are dangerous when in perspective the little blue pill is far more risky to take.

I wonder how many anti-covid-vaxxers would quickly change their mind if a side effect of the covid vaccine was ‘a bit of wood’ !!! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

Please……what is your point!?

looks like you just discovered “cut and paste”….you’re still beating a horse that died  a year and a half ago.

Got anything new that hasn’t been read yet?

Sorry if you don't have the sense to understand things.  If you don't like the posts, then don't read them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

That you’ve completely ignored the factual and verifiable risks associated with contracting Covid-19 at 60 yrs old while paying attention to unfounded vaccine hysteria.  

You make assertions that are not true.  Classic example of one of the tenets of fallacious reasoning

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

“Anti Vaxxer” is just a name we give to those who don’t want to be vaccinated and spend considerable time trying to convince others not to be vaccinated based on……hmmm based on….?? Oh well it doesn’t matter what their opinion is based on….,they will never change their mind no matter what anyone says!

You will usually find them yelling their opinions into an echo chamber and pleased as punch when they hear what they want to hear back?

If you’re looking for one you can find them standing outside an airport, a sports stadium , a mall , a theatre or any other place you will soon need a Vax card (that’s vaccination card) to get in!

Anything else you can’t figure out just ask….happy to help!

You make silly arguments and hasty generalizations.  Many people have no problem with vaccinations in general.  I am old enough to have just  barely escaped the polio issue.  I grew up with two kids in my neighborhood that had polio and I will never forget their names.  Many vaccines are wonderful.  RNA vaccines basically have no large scale nor long term evaluation yet.  They are only approved for "Emergency" use.  Heck the FDA puts more restrictions on genetically modified vegetables than they did for many of these RNA vaccines.  Time will tell, maybe, how things will work out.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:19 AM, Kanada said:

Very few cases of the flu this last year and a half compared to years before because people are wearing masks and washing their hands etc.

Not entirely true at all and no scientific study has supported that.  Many people that succumbed to symptoms allegedly or due to COVID were NEVER tested for the flu.  Few people ever are tested for the flu. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

You make silly arguments and hasty generalizations.  Many people have no problem with vaccinations in general.  I am old enough to have just  barely escaped the polio issue.  I grew up with two kids in my neighborhood that had polio and I will never forget their names.  Many vaccines are wonderful.  RNA vaccines basically have no large scale nor long term evaluation yet.  They are only approved for "Emergency" use.  Heck the FDA puts more restrictions on genetically modified vegetables than they did for many of these RNA vaccines.  Time will tell, maybe, how things will work out.

and once again your point is???

• Like 1

How many million people should die before we termed this emergency use?

would you have waited four years for an “evaluation” or an FDA approval!

You don’t have the answers….just keep repeating the problems and your opinions  over and over (and over)

• Like 2

Not entirely true at all and no scientific study has supported that.  Many people that succumbed to symptoms allegedly or due to COVID were NEVER tested for the flu.  Few people ever are tested for the flu. 

So out of the 4 million deaths to date how many do you think were due to the flu??

3 million?

2 million? 

1 million?

500,000?

100,000?

1000?

(you must have a number in mind or you wouldn’t dispute the posted numbers by WHO)

What’s your guess??

I’m genuinely interested!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People are constantly tested for influenza across the world. It is part of the WHO's and other influenza surveillance programs. They have fast, simple tests to confirm what flu group you have. They tested my wife in 2018 without asking and confirmed she had influenza type A. They also offered to send it to a lab to determine which strain. I declined as I already knew it was likely H1N12009 pandemic flu.

They also use simple test panels that detect about 25 respiratory illnesses. These are much simpler and cheaper than COVID PCR tests. In the early months of the pandemic, Thailand was reporting these respiratory test results, including flu, other human corona viruses, and common colds.

IOW, they know. Of course they know, they are doctors and medical experts.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, NorthernRyland said:

We don't know what happens to people who use the gene therapy vaccines in 5 years or even 12 months! That's the issue given these are experimental technology. 

MISINFORMATION.

You repeatedly misuse the phrase "gene therapy" when referring to mRNA.  It is not correct.  No genes are altered by the mRNA.

From CDC:

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.

The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:48 AM, gk10012001 said:

But how many people died from the flu?  How many people would have died from almost any ailment because they were weak, old, obese, diabetic, had emphysema, or any number of underlying conditions?  In the first few months in the USA doctors and hospitals were signing off on death certificates often without even testing since test kits were hard to come by and they decided it was not important to know for sure.  So I would take any mortality statistics with a grain of salt.  Also, bear in mind that you have no idea how many people actually had, or have the COVID since they do not test the entire population.  Odds are it is no more lethal than the flu in a bad season. 

Excess mortality figures show that covid deaths are being undercounted, not overcounted.

And in 2020 life expectancy figures in the USA actually declined by 1 year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Here's a link to a CDC report showing that influenza declined precipitously in the US. It's based on actual testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6937a6.htm

• Like 2