Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

I feel as though there is a tsunami of delta cases coming and the authorities are building walls of sand on the beach to stop it.

Mosquito nets to stop virus particles.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought I read that testing was being stopped, which has me more concerned.......

Clearly, all hospital walk-ins are tested. We are seeing almost 3,000 of those, so that means another 1,000 cases are the result of testing outside of hospitals.

Before today, that is.

Hospitals are overloaded because they have the insane idea they need to bed asymptomatic cases which is a total waste of resources.

Secondly Thailand need to chill & face reality not shut everything down to squash protest movements etc

Because here is a fact

According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths.

So how many Flu/Pneumonia deaths a day average is that in 2018 PRE COVID?  122 !!

How many are dying now of covid according to Thai stats? 20-50 a day?

Geez buy a calculator & use some reason & logic Covid has been in full force in Thailand since 2019 period

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of hospital walk-ins vs those detected via testing is critical today. Are the numbers higher due to increased testing? 

The only thing rising in the testing numbers is the infection rate!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The daily numbers have been in the 3k-5k range for months...exponential increase implies continued increases, which we don't see. However, it is unfortunate the measures taken to date have been unable to reduce the numbers to the triple digits of last year. I guess once you have this level of cases the genie can't be put back in the bottle (without widespread vaccinations).

Numbers are rising, but there is no exponential increase.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

exponential increase implies continued increases, which we don't see.

You are correct when you say "which we don't see".Thailand is 104th in the world for transparency and corruption, perhaps that's why we don't see.I wonder if we will "see" Thailand open up this week.

• Like 2

Despite growing public concern over surging COVID-19 infections, Phuket Sandbox scheme is set to roll out on July 1. Fully vaccinated visitors are welcome to explore the tropical paradise island without quarantine.

https://thaipbsworld.com/sandbox-or-quicksand-thailand-on-edge-as-phuket-prepares-to-welcome-back-foreign-tourists/

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your mistaken yesterday it was 3995 and before also in the 4000 range.. so just a 30% increase nothing to worry about. I am sure in the other topics people will want to open the bars as data is interpreted based on the individual his or her needs not on logic. 

Oh only 30% increase , my bad. In that case all is going according to plan????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Despite growing public concern over surging COVID-19 infections, Phuket Sandbox scheme is set to roll out on July 1. Fully vaccinated visitors are welcome to explore the tropical paradise island without quarantine.

https://thaipbsworld.com/sandbox-or-quicksand-thailand-on-edge-as-phuket-prepares-to-welcome-back-foreign-tourists/

Ha ha ha and if you get sick there's no hospital.  

Yeah I'll get right on that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Bad timing again for this government. What are they thinking?

#COVID19 UPDATE on MONDAY:

22 deaths and 5,406 cases (9 from prisons). Full details at 12:30pm

23 June: 3,174 - 51 dead

24 June: 4,108 - 31 dead

25 June: 3,644 - 44 dead

26 June: 4,161 - 51 dead

27 June: 3,995 - 42 dead

28 June: 5,406 - 22 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409315088973012994

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Aren't asymptomatic or mild cases going to field hospitals. It's critical care and ICU which is overloaded.

Maybe I'm wrong then, but I am sure I read that a Bangkok hospital was stopping testing as a positive test meant they had to admit them.   I think that is where I got this from.   

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maybe it's time to stop putting healthy people without symptoms in hospital then and try the somewhat radical approach of only admitting people to hospital that are actually sick.   Just a thought.   

i think they tried this in the UK with full rent, furloughs and 80% income no less. didn't work out too well.

how do you think thailand will get on with no rent moratorium or income provisions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maybe I'm wrong then, but I am sure I read that a Bangkok hospital was stopping testing as a positive test meant they had to admit them.   I think that is where I got this from.   

Testing was not stopped. It's being limited to available beds, which means the system is now wrong. It was never intended for high numbers. The failure is not having a better system to put in place when numbers rise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

My view is quicks and and sinking faster than Bangkok 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

i think they tried this in the UK with full rent, furloughs and 80% income no less. didn't work out too well.

how do you think thailand will get on with no rent moratorium or income provisions?

Well the UK was recording 50-70,000 positive cases a day back in January.   What exactly do you want to do with the people testing positive should Thailand get to even 50% of these numbers?   How do the logistics work of even feeding and accommodating this many people if you do not just send them home if they are not sick?   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1