No Covid-19 Vaccine for Foreigners in Pattaya

Banana7

On 6/28/2021 at 8:04 AM, TaaSaparot said:

We are close to the day, when every thread on this forum, is about Expats not getting vaccinations.

Actually the non vaccination of farangs could be a test on the tolerance levels of foreigners on how far can they be taken for a ride and treated as second class people . No matter on the scale of farang monetary contribution it is still a significant amount to support many Thai families and businesses . Now if the farangs had a union/ spokesperson  that told the Thai government  " if no vaccine we will return to our home countries for vaccinations  "   they might have a different attitude .  No point on relying on your embassies cos they don't seem to care .

Just how much would it take for you to think twice and then off to swampy .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, jippytum said:

The title is not correct if foreigners with Yellow book and pink ID are eligible for the vaccine.

The title is correct. The signs say nothing about yellow books, and pink ids cards. The sign show you what is required for a inoculation, blue book and Thai blue ID card!

On 6/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, superal said:

Actually the non vaccination of farangs could be a test on the tolerance levels of foreigners on how far can they be taken for a ride and treated as second class people .

Judging by the way many are taken for a ride here by their Thai wives / girlfriends, I would say they have a high tolerance level. ????

On 6/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, superal said:

Now if the farangs had a union/ spokesperson  that told the Thai government  " if no vaccine we will return to our home countries for vaccinations  "   they might have a different attitude .  No point on relying on your embassies cos they don't seem to care .

It will take some foreigners to die from covid here, and for the international media to report that elderly expats are being denied the vaccine in Thailand for things to change.  

Not a great advertisement for Thailand as a future retirement destination.  

• Like 1

It would be very helpful if we even knew the amount of moderna or Phizer that had been ordered by the government. Also how many of these particular vaccines are destined to the private hospitals or to non Thai residents.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Judging by the way many are taken for a ride here by their Thai wives / girlfriends, I would say they have a high tolerance level. ????

It will take some foreigners to die from covid here, and for the international media to report that elderly expats are being denied the vaccine in Thailand for things to change.  

Not a great advertisement for Thailand as a future retirement destination.  

You're more optimistic that I am. I don't think the inevitably of some high risk expats dying of Covid 19 here directly because they were denied timely access to vaccines on a similar schedule as Thais will change anything. I seriously doubt people will insist on pressing the connection. Some high risk people die of Covid 19, here or anywhere. <deleted> happens. But it's more tragic when it could have been EASILY prevented and it can be. Just don't discriminate.

Edited by Jingthing

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're more optimistic that I am. I don't think the inevitably of some high risk expats dying of Covid 19 here directly because they were denied timely access to vaccines on a similar schedule as Thais will change anything. I seriously doubt people will insist on pressing the connection. Some high risk people die of Covid 19, here or anywhere. <deleted> happens. But it's more tragic when it could have been EASILY prevented and it can be. Just don't discriminate.

I disagree. 

Thailand is all about smoke and mirrors, and their precious "image."   

Put some global media spin on some elderly expats who died from covid, whilst much younger Thai's are being vaccinated, and they will change their tune here. 

Unfortunately, it it appears it will take the death of a few, to save the lives of many, with the help of the international media.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How are they discriminating, the majority of Thai's are yet to be vaccinated.

I do agree tho that expat deaths here due to Covid will make zero difference to the roll out of vaccines ( for expats )

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I disagree. 

Thailand is all about smoke and mirrors, and their precious "image."   

Put some global media spin on some elderly expats who died from covid, whilst much younger Thai's are being vaccinated, and they will change their tune here. 

Unfortunately, it it appears it will take the death of a few, to save the lives of many, with the help of the international media.    

Deaths will make no difference.

Were you one of the ones also saying the the coup they had will kill tourism too? Did it.......erm don't think so.

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

How are they discriminating, the majority of Thai's are yet to be vaccinated.

I do agree tho that expat deaths here due to Covid will make zero difference to the roll out of vaccines ( for expats )

Because high risk Thais are being prioritized and high risk expats are not. Duh! 

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Some high risk expats have been vaccinated coz they got off their backsides and did something about it unlike others that only complain. Duh!

Yes, some. Most -- can't even register. Nobody that actually knows what has been happening on the ground believes your toxic narrative. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yes, some. Most -- can't even register. Nobody that actually knows what has been happening on the ground believes your toxic narrative. 

As mentioned before, i wish you all the luck in the world gettig the vaccine here coz you're gonna need it.

I humbly suggest a 'plan B' might be a better idea, no?

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

As mentioned before, i wish you all the luck in the world gettig the vaccine here coz you're gonna need it.

I humbly suggest a 'plan B' might be a better idea, no?

I don't believe that you harbor any such good will. Your posts are about attacking, insulting, and demeaning expats. I find that extremely sick.

Just now, Jingthing said:

I don't believe that you harbor any such good will. Your posts are about attacking, insulting, and demeaning expats. I find that extremely sick.

No they're not, i take offense to that.

I'm merely pointing out the truth, if you don't like that then i'm sorry.

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Were you one of the ones also saying the the coup they had will kill tourism too? Did it.......erm don't think so.

Deaths in the international media with force change.  

What has the coup got to do with covid?  

3 hours ago, gsohman said:

It would be very helpful if we even knew the amount of moderna or Phizer that had been ordered by the government. Also how many of these particular vaccines are destined to the private hospitals or to non Thai residents.

As at July 2, 2021, the contract for Thailand to purchase Moderna has NOT been signed by the Thai government according to Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) which has many hospitals.

42 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Deaths in the international media with force change.  

What has the coup got to do with covid?  

Well it put in place a government of such utter incompetence and venality that they have managed to utterly trash the tourism industry (which was admittedly in trouble but still) and utterly balls up the management of a vaccination programme.

In both cases the reasons can be traced to a dogged determination to protect/advamce the very small number of extremely wealthy and influential people who instigated the coup.

It is called consequences, they very often catch up and bite you on the bum!

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well it put in place a government of such utter incompetence and venality that they have managed to utterly trash the tourism industry (which was admittedly in trouble but still) and utterly balls up the management of a vaccination programme.

In both cases the reasons can be traced to a dogged determination to protect/advamce the very small number of extremely wealthy and influential people who instigated the coup.

It is called consequences, they very often catch up and bite you on the bum!

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of your post, the coup was in 2014.  Covid became an issue in 2020.  

3 hours ago, gsohman said:

As at July 2, 2021, Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) phoned the CEO of Moderna and Moderna has NOT received a signed contract from Thailand. Vaccines will only be shipped upon receipt of a signed contract.

9 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

As at July 2, 2021, Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) phoned the CEO of Moderna and Moderna has NOT received a signed contract from Thailand. Vaccines will only be shipped upon receipt of a signed contract.

I would advise Moderna not to ship to Thailand until they have been paid.  ???? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of your post, the coup was in 2014.  Covid became an issue in 2020.  

The government which has mismanaged the whole utter business is the one installed by the coup!  That Covid is a separate issue I accept. However the issue has been hugely exacerbated by this government.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:39 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I think they see it as a no lose situation denying farang the vaccine. If they catch covid money flows to hospitals. If they die money flows to thai birds most likely

just update here in USA they have so many vaccines and no takers there now nearly Paying you to get vaccinated. if you have USA passport you could fly here get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at No cost and fly back within a week. and the plane in nearly EMPTY. 

28 minutes ago, irishman25 said:

just update here in USA they have so many vaccines and no takers there now nearly Paying you to get vaccinated. if you have USA passport you could fly here get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at No cost and fly back within a week. and the plane in nearly EMPTY. 

You’re forgetting it takes at least 2 weeks to prepare the paperwork to enter Thailand, including prepaying 2 weeks in ASQ for $1000 and up. 

It seems entering Phuket is equally difficult, but at least you could spend your 14 days wandering around the empty streets and beaches. Bars are still closed, right?

2 hours ago, irishman25 said:

You would need to wait 2 weeks from the date of vaccination before being eligible to re-enter Thailand.  With at least 2 weeks in the U.S. and 2 weeks of quarantine upon return (yes, I include the Phuket sandbox scheme in this) it makes for a timely and costly endeavor.  But it it possible, yes.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, KannikaP said:

That's what I said!   Thais BLUE, falangs YELLOW.

I have exchanged the yellow book (which is issued initially) for the Blue house book and Pink ID card....... done for my condo in Bangkok..

• Like 1