Smart Piers Will Be Developed for Phuket “Sandbox” Tourism Scheme

snoop1130

It appears  that "smart" sensors would be capable of monitoring the blood alcohol on those taking a walk on the pier  and automatically adjusting it's length. .

So if you have been drinking and is taking a long walk.............

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Not a mask in sight. Social distancing and masks not required in Phuket?

839720564_https-assets-thaivisa-com-forum-uploads-monthly_2021_06-c2f083ec7da8d291a6fceb0c0e8a18b4_small-jpg-139de3c241f8aca1942dcca05d3b37c9-jpg(1).png.10bf01420b5f48a31dd4453e6891d5a8.png

I don't know what the current rules are regarding social distancing and masks in Phuket or Thailand in general but they would seem sensible precautions and set a good example but I assume these are civil government employees so it doesn't surprise me. 

My wife is in a similar position and had to go to an office in another town to deliver a sign last year. Don't ask I've got no idea why that's important. There have to be pictures and lots of them so they can be posted to show what they've done. In this case there were pictures of the auspicious handover with distancing. With that done there were others with them standing next to each other. The office where she works were sprayed by some guys in the full protective suits and after that they took them off and stood for pictures close together.

I can pretty much guarantee there will be pictures with them giving a thumbs up and quite likely others with them making heart shapes with their hands and maybe jumping in the air. It's what they do. Always.

I've always wanted to ask someone whose lived in Thailand for say 30 or more years what did they do with their time before phone cameras? It seems to make up such a large part of what they do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

multiple pages only in Thai

https://www.aoporsmartpier.com/

the "first smart pier in Thailand"? tours and boat charter?

https://www.facebook.com/aoporsmartpier/

Ao Por Smart pier is the first one in THAILAND that implement SMART technology to enhance customers travelling experience and safety.

search the Bangkok newspaper that does not exist for a December 22 article about the Thai prime minister visiting the "first smart pier in Thailand", which has vending machines, a schedule board like at airports, and solar lighting, for new electric ferries that will run on the river in Bangkok. It turns out that all ferries will be replaced by electric ones; the government has "partnered" with one manufacturer.

Edited by dave s

11 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Ok lets have some fun

What new terms has Covid introduced into your vocabulary.

Here are a few that I came up with quickly

Flattening the curve
WFH - Working from Home
Super Spreader
Social Distancing
Sandbox
Shelter in Place
PUI - Person Under Investigation
PPE - Personal Protective Equipment
Essential Business
Contact Tracing

mRNA
EUA - Emergency Use Authorization

I am sure I have missed many

You forgot "smart pier ".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Ok lets have some fun

What new terms has Covid introduced into your vocabulary.

Here are a few that I came up with quickly

Flattening the curve
WFH - Working from Home
Super Spreader
Social Distancing
Sandbox
Shelter in Place
PUI - Person Under Investigation
PPE - Personal Protective Equipment
Essential Business
Contact Tracing

mRNA
EUA - Emergency Use Authorization

I am sure I have missed many

BS?

17 hours ago, connda said:

What do you expect.  The "leaders of the free world" make a complete mockery of masks and social distancing.  So why wouldn't every major and minor government official and bureaucrat world-wide not do the same?
The rules are simple:
One set of rules for us; another set of rules for you.
No masks for us; masks for you.
No social distancing for us; social distancing for you.
Alcohol for us; prohibition for you.
Fun for us; no fun for you.

See!  It's good to rule the world!

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpeg.ffa38225629cbd609bc1f6d20172b9af.jpeg

I hadn't seen that picture so thanks.

It's a complicated issue because all those in the picture are probably safe as they will have been regularly tested. Nobody wants to cause international embarrassment by spreading Covid amongst world leaders and their families. There has been a spike in that area and nearby but it's amongst those that are needed to back up this meeting. Guards, cleaners drivers etc. It's easy to take a narrow view and forget the wider consequences.

• Like 1