Question about Non Immigration O 1 year extension process

Hi all. 

Apologies as I'm sure this ahs been asked countless times before, but I could not find the exact answer I am looking for in the previous threads.

Having recently been granted the 3 month non immigration O "marriage visa", I am about to go back to Bangkok to apply for the one year extension. Previously the immigration officers came to visit my apartment and check we were living there and whatnot. Will they also do that again this time after I apply for the 1 year extension or is that just the first time?  

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I guess by definitive I was hoping to get an answer from someone who applied for it in Bangkok and could say yay or nay. I didn't mention  why it is important but it kind of is for the following reason:

After getting the 3 month non imm 0 (where they visited my apartment to nose around and check everything) I have since moved to a new apartment. Moving wasn't by choice, I was actually told to leave by the apartment company (Me style) because they said I refused to wear a face mask in the lobby! That's a whole other thread which I won't get into now, but having moved recently to a new apartment I now have to get the registration for the new address to submit for the 1 year extension. The landlady of the new apartment is not being cooperative with that so I'm considering applying using the old registered address but obviously that will backfire spectacularly if immigration wish to make a visit because I no longer will be there.  

Clearly the best option would be to apply with the registration in my new apartment but this may also raise red flag (why is he changing apartments) and I just want the process over with hassle free.

2 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Clearly the best option would be to apply with the registration in my new apartment but this may also raise red flag (why is he changing apartments) and I just want the process over with hassle free.

As long as a TM-30 has been done, there is no "red flag" involved in changing apartments.

Why you wanted to move apartments just because the owner wanted you to take sensible precautions in a middle of a dangerous Covid wave is a mystery, but off topic.

Anticipate a home visit, then if you don't get one, nothings lost.

I've had 5 marriage extensions but only 2 home visits. The 1st one was on my very 1st extension in Udon Thani, the second one was after we moved to Sakon Nakhon.

I think you should be able to see a pattern there.

53 minutes ago, BritTim said:

As long as a TM-30 has been done, there is no "red flag" involved in changing apartments.

Why you wanted to move apartments just because the owner wanted you to take sensible precautions in a middle of a dangerous Covid wave is a mystery, but off topic.

I didn't choose to leave, there was no choice involved. I was told I had to leave the apartment with my wife and 2 year old son because I was  seen not wearing a face mask in the lobby/reception area of the apartment building.  There might be other reasons of course, perhaps they just didn't like me and used that as an excuse. 

Now having moved into a new apartment, the owner is being non co-operative with registering the TM-30. 

Edited by Todoroki

3 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Yeah I guess by definitive I was hoping to get an answer from someone who applied for it in Bangkok and could say yay or nay.

Both yay and nay answers are possible at Bangkok, as they are at any office. Applicant A, whose circumstances were identical to yours, could well be told by Officer X that home visits were the strict order of the day, whereas Applicant B, whose circumstances were also identical to yours, could well be told by Officer Y at a nearby window at the same time that home visits were not required.

And then there are the prevailing moods of Officers X and Y which also need to be thrown into the mix. These can vary from day to day since they are primarily determined by which side of the bed each officer had got out that morning.

If it's cast-iron definitive certainty that you're after, your only option, I'm afraid, is to invest in a suitably reliable crystal ball.

• Like 1

Ok so it's a definite maybe. I accept that. Being that is the case, my issue then is my new owner's refusal to comply with my wife's request to register the TM-30. Apparently, they don't have experience of filling it in online which takes just a few minutes. 

36 minutes ago, Todoroki said:

Ok so it's a definite maybe. I accept that. Being that is the case, my issue then is my new owner's refusal to comply with my wife's request to register the TM-30. Apparently, they don't have experience of filling it in online which takes just a few minutes. 

Get the forms for submitting it manually, fill in the form, and get the owner to sign the form and to provide photocopies of the necessary supporting documents. The submission in person does not need to be by the owner themselves. If there is still resistance, make sure the owner understands it is a legal obligation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Yeah I guess by definitive I was hoping to get an answer from someone who applied for it in Bangkok and could say yay or nay. I didn't mention  why it is important but it kind of is for the following reason:

After getting the 3 month non imm 0 (where they visited my apartment to nose around and check everything) I have since moved to a new apartment. Moving wasn't by choice, I was actually told to leave by the apartment company (Me style) because they said I refused to wear a face mask in the lobby! That's a whole other thread which I won't get into now, but having moved recently to a new apartment I now have to get the registration for the new address to submit for the 1 year extension. The landlady of the new apartment is not being cooperative with that so I'm considering applying using the old registered address but obviously that will backfire spectacularly if immigration wish to make a visit because I no longer will be there.  

I have had a non-O retirement visa for many years and never had an apartment visit (Bangkok, Skhumvit area). Just get all the documents in order (you can find the requirements in many places. The major difference for me last time was that they wanted a one year bank statement about the 800k. My bank (Citibank) does not have a bank book.

31 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

I have had a non-O retirement visa for many years and never had an apartment visit (Bangkok, Skhumvit area).

He is applying for a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage not retirement. It has different requirements than one for retirement.

1) If immigration makes a visit is this before or after one will get the permit? I ask this because I apply together with my wife but she goes abroad for a wile when the extension is granted?. It takes a few weeks I believe.

2) What is the longest time before your first 90 days you can apply for an extension of the NON-O marriage?

8 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

1) If immigration makes a visit is this before or after one will get the permit? I ask this because I apply together with my wife but she goes abroad for a wile when the extension is granted?. It takes a few weeks I believe.

2) What is the longest time before your first 90 days you can apply for an extension of the NON-O marriage?

1, They do the house visit before the paperwork is sent the division level for approval. The under consideration period is normally 30 days from the day you apply.

2. You can apply up to 30 days early or 45 days early at some offices.