ASEANNOW.com - Thaivisa.com rebrands and expands beyond Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Looks like the smileys don't work as well! ????

???? The smileys are there but the y size is set to 0 . You must resize. Some sizes cause further bugs !

Then when you save, the size goes back to 0....

OK, Thaivisa/Aseannow.   I fixed one, now you fix the font...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That will make no difference to Aseannow, whatsoever, you'll still be a member!

It actually makes no difference to anyone here.

Any one of us could croak tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice.  

• Like 2

Although you say there will be no changes I would like to suggest one but it would entail a bit of honesty.  Every day, 2 -3 times a day, I get the ThaiVisa newsletter emailed to me and every day the first 3 or 4 supposed 'forum' posts are in fact adverts??  Why cant they be listed as adverts so they can be ignored?  They are adverts pure and simple and its very obvious because the author is always the ThaiVisa Sales Team!!  I know its only a small thing but outright dishonest really bugs me and shows ThaiVisa ( sorry Asean Now) has no credibilty.

Oh and I wonder will more adverts be jammed in here and there with the rebranding coz my poor Adblocker is overworked as it is with this site.  Unfortunately it doesnt work on the "Singaporians are dropping dead with surprise over this new toenail cleaner" type ads.  Surprised there are no Xray glasses ads too lol.

11 hours ago, Lokie said:

Mmm... thought my pc was playing up at first (bloody fonts faded???) scrolled to top of page and seen Aseannow?? <deleted>??? then read things had changed, well my penneies worth:

Dont like the logo

Dont like the name

Definatly dont like the faded font

Have no intrest in other asian countries myself just LOS

And Dont like idea that my digital info is now in hands of Chinese anything so looks like I be getting off

As menetioned the forum last year or two has more ads and is not as good as it use to be - Well Done Thai Visa, now wheres that shortcut for Thaiger again...

Get the app 

10 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

There's  no 'theme' button adjacent to the Contact us on the page I am looking at.

It was there whenen it was first mentioned in this topic and I changed to the alternative "theme" immediately but less than 24 hours later it was gone. I just hope that it was not removed deliberately to spite the readers of this forum. One can't help wondering sometimes, the way things have been going recently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

We all already talk Tagalog and Bahasa.... 5555

Bahasa of what country?

(bahasa, in more than one language = language)

Edited by Puccini

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

Can anyone point me to (a) the support forum? I want to report a possible fault and ask about changing the font top something more readable. And (b) the Thailand banking forum?

A moderator mentioned earlier in this topic that it is a "work in progress". 

Suggestion: Let us all take a week off ASEAN NOW formerly known as Thaivisa. How many can manage it without suffering withdrawal symptoms?

• Like 1

Look forward to more news in the daily newsletters about Cambodia and Phillipines and Vietnam. I guess for SEO reasons they selected this website name Aseannow starting with the first letter of alphabet. Tfv was way to focused on thailand a place that totally lost its momentum.. for me personally one site about several countries that i often stay in makes perfectly sense.

Edited by Destiny1990

On 7/2/2021 at 12:39 AM, Salerno said:

Like every update on here not giving users a heads up. There is functionality to display a notice and, IMO, it would show respect to give notice in advance. 

Fair enough...  It seems over 30 people agree with you (going by the likes to your comment)... 

But, what difference would a heads up a notice in advance make to you ????

I may be missing something, but I just don’t get the disrespect part of it... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

I just hope that it was not removed deliberately to spite the readers of this forum. One can't help wondering sometimes, the way things have been going recently.

Now c'mon - do you really think they do things deliberately to spite members? I do think it would have been better if this change had been beta tested with select members, bugs like this font worked out, then announced in advance it was coming, but that was thoughtless at best. Not spiteful. And as much as I am paying for membership on this site, I have no right to bitch and whinge.

• Like 1