No Covid extension

I had university ED visa back in 2019, I completed my MBA 3 months ago. So I applied covid extension. this is my second covid extension. Today the immigration told me USA is open, ED visa is not permitted to use covid extension again. Therefore, I need to go back to the US.

Edited by kevin612
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I had university ED visa back in 2019, I completed my MBA 3 months ago. So I applied covid extension. this is my second covid extension. Today the immigration told me USA is open, ED visa is not permitted to use covid extension again. Therefore, I need to go back to the US.

Why are they being so strict all of a sudden? 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:
3 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Why are they being so strict all of a sudden? 

Both to yourself and OP. 

Questions without naming immigration office is useless.

lol. Sorry. I'm in Bangkok and I go to CW for extension.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no reason that you cannot obtain a covid extension at CW.

There was report in last few days of an OP being told no more covid extension for him.

The point of difference is that he previously obtained a non o (marriage) and had been obtaining covid extensions for over a year.

Immigration wanted him to obtain an annual extension. To some extent I can understand that view.

In your case, you entered on tourist visa. No reason that you should be refused covid extension. 

It's not about ability to return home. That's irrelevant.

Here is affidavit form.

34 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

Thank you for your reply. But what about the case of this OP (kevin612) ? Why wasn't he granted another extension? 

I'm getting worried, because I feel like the Immigration is more strict on issuance of covid extension now.

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Get a proper visa.

Tourist Visa holders applying for Covid extension is still okay right?

Sorry. I'm getting a little paranoid 

Edited by lolalol

On 7/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, lolalol said:

But what about the case of this OP (kevin612) ? Why wasn't he granted another extension? 

The answers to those 2 questions are crucially dependent upon @kevin612 telling us which is his immigration office, as pointed out by @DrJack54 above. To date he has chosen not to do so for some mysterious reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

he's probably suggesting you get a job and apply for a Non-B. In country with an MA, should be easy for you to pretend to be a teacher. ????

The OP (Kevin has not posted one contribution) 

My replies have been to @lolalol.

Did not indicate any desire to teach.

He can obtain a covid extension.

There has been one recent report of difficulty obtaining one at CW and that was someone that has option to obtain annual extensions based on marriage.

covid extensions available and lollalol can obtain one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Any one of the existing ones that will suit: retirement, study, elite, work, monkhood, taking care of a family member, .. 

They are not visa's. Retirement and family member are extensions of stay, not Visa's. Not sure about the others, as far as I know you only get a visa outside Thailand.

1 hour ago, jimn said:

They are not visa's. Retirement and family member are extensions of stay, not Visa's. Not sure about the others, as far as I know you only get a visa outside Thailand.

If you enter Thailand on visa exempt or tourist visa the. You can obtain a non O (visa)  based on couple of reasons. For example based on marriage or retirement. 

However many folk are not married or over 50. 

Fortunately currently on offer are 60 day covid extensions and most would suggest these will continue to be available.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe because the situation in western countries isn't as bad anymore and it is getting worse here. Get a proper visa.

And here I was, thinking the "get a proper visa" brigade has gone extinct. Business is slow thanks to Covid, yes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jimn said:

If you apply outside of Thailand they are visa's, if you come here on a tourist visa, you know you have to go home sometimes. At least you should know. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you apply outside of Thailand they are visa's, if you come here on a tourist visa, you know you have to go home sometimes. At least you should know. 

Incorrect.

If you enter Thailand visa exempt or tourist visa you can apply for Non O marriage or retirement (if you satisfy the conditions) at immigration inside Thailand. After which you can obtain 12 month extensions.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:39 AM, DrJack54 said:

You mean that you entered on a tourist visa.

You will be able to obtain covid extensions.

You should not make such a declaration because you are not immigration authority. Only Thai government can say. The rules and interpretations are always changing.  What we do know is that for people who came on tourist visa

- The deadline to apply for the 60-day “Covid” visa extension is July 29.  This will allow a stay to end of September.

The rules used for qualification for visa extension are;

i. foreign visitor cannot return to home country because of Covid-19 pandemic.

ii., no return flights available.

iii. foreign visitor has letter from home country embassy requesting temporary stay.

The reasons that allowed the extension of all visas no longer apply. Westerners could always return home. The problem was flight access. With opening of  Phuket, flights are being restored to allow access to western countries. 

-Thai Airways is operating operate Phuket (Bangkok) service  to Zurich, Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt and London. Sister carrier -Thai Smile  restored Phuket-Hong Kong service, 

-Qatar Airways restored Phuket service to Doha  Etihad Airways will serve Phuket thrice weekly with 787-9s

-Emirates  AND Air Arabia restored Phuket to Abu Dhabi

Most foreigners can now obtain a flight to leave Thailand much easier than 6 months ago when the lack of flights meant people were stranded.  The obvious exception are Australians who may still have trouble finding an easy flight.

I doubt very much there will be another extension afterJuly 29.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

I doubt very much there will be another extension afterJuly 29

Your incorrect imo.

Just as you "doubt very much there will be another extension..," is your opinion.

Here is the link for affidavit. Box 2 does the trick.

Get back to me when covid extensions are being rejected.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

I'm just wondering if there have been any cases of folks on the STV who has managed to secure an extended stay via the 60-day Covid extension? Whilst I know the STV is a different beast and doesn't allow conversions into any other visa, I'm just curious if anyone has gone down this route to further extend their stay post their 90 days extensions that one is eligible for as part of the STV.