Thai Private Hospital Association reduce price of Moderna vaccine

webfact

20 minutes ago, tukadadoll said:

That would be minimum on a beer in a bar (if you could get one). 

Well as I mentioned earlier I don’t drink. However even if I did drink, I don’t think that a beer in a bar is quite the same as the life-saving vaccine in the midst of a pandemic.

But hey that’s just me

21 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Read this article https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1384867/sinovac-jabs-varying-prices-raise-alarm

not just the private Hospital Association using a bit of free market here. But like anything you have a choice, and can vote with your feet. 

Really I can vote with my feet can I?

So tell me where else would I get this specific brand of life-saving vaccine that these hospitals are making a 50% profit on?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You're weird.

So this is self-exploitation? Is that even a thing?

People are free to spend their money however they wish.

So now you're lamenting the fact that people can't be exploited? 

Make up your mind.

Or that Moderna is a "luxury"?

Do you live in a cave?

Again, that is just plain weird.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear… Calling people names just because they think differently from you…I'm so sorry, is there a particular scale you'd like me to bleat in?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Wait a week. Another article about some fee or price increase.

The price will be the absolute maximum. Then add the hospital fees. Do you want it or not???

All quite disingenuous considering there's no vaccines!

They can reduce the price to 10 baht but if you can't buy it who benefits.

• Like 1

An injection in a clinic is 100 baht. Any reason why hospitals charging 1400 baht ? For just making an injection ?

ok, 2 injections in a clinic would be 200 baht , hospitals have higher costs, sure so 500 baht ? But no, it’s 1400 baht 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

no they can't, 1700 baht is the maximum they could charge per jab

Plus drs fees plus admin fee plus nurse fee etc. Had line this week asking to pay the 1200 baht admin fee up front, for something they have no idea if they will ever be able to provide

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Plus drs fees plus admin fee plus nurse fee etc. Had line this week asking to pay the 1200 baht admin fee up front, for something they have no idea if they will ever be able to provide

Why are you so anti private hospitals, especially as you already have had the vaccine? If you don't want it, just don't pay. If it was Thonburi health, read the thing, it say the max is no more than 1700 baht for everything. 

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why are you so anti private hospitals, especially as you already have had the vaccine? If you don't want it, just don't pay. If it was Thonburi health, read the thing, it say the max is no more than 1700 baht for everything. 

I'm anti unethical medical practice and I think asking for admin fees for something not even on order is just that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

This is a private hospital. I don't see people complaining when they get their medication there that is much more than 50 % more than local chemists. 

Absolutely. The mark-up on one drug I was offered by a private hospital

was 600%!  Exactly same drug, same manufacturer etc. can be obtained from a reputable pharmacy in Bangkok who deliver across Thailand (for free).. I never buy my medication from a private hospital and the Doctors know, accept and understand. 
A 50% mark-up on the vaccine is not unreasonable in my view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really I can vote with my feet can I?

So tell me where else would I get this specific brand of life-saving vaccine that these hospitals are making a 50% profit on?

Maybe your home country.

The fact that you can't get it elsewhere is a reason to praise the hospitals, isn't it? 

3 minutes ago, skorts said:

Absolutely. The mark-up on one drug I was offered by a private hospital

was 600%!  Exactly same drug, same manufacturer etc. can be obtained from a reputable pharmacy in Bangkok who deliver across Thailand (for free).. I never buy my medication from a private hospital and the Doctors know, accept and understand. 
A 50% mark-up on the vaccine is not unreasonable in my view. 

Indeed, a 50% mark up is extremely low, and well-done to the hospitals for providing this vaccine at a much lower cost than normal. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1

Wow they reduced it 100 Bht They don’t even have it yet they haven’t signed the contract yet yet they do have a price I think it’s a disgrace that they want to make such a big profit of a pandemic oh I forgot this is Thailand amazing Thailand TIT

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

I've had a couple of mails from hospitals with a price of 3,300-3,400 (excluding doctor fees) with vaccines to arrive between the end of October '21 and March '22.  I wouldn't mind the pricing SO much if you could just walk in, get vaccinated and pay.  But pay up front, in Thailand, with its level of consumer protection (e.g. none), for vaccines that MIGHT arrive at some time over the next 8 months, with undeclared fees (other) to pay on top and with the constant (like hourly) changes here just makes it too much of a risk IMO.  If you end up having to wait 4-6 months who knows what the vaccine situation will be by then and what other options will be available.  It's a <deleted> shoot of course but with the absence of more robust guarantees I think I'll take my chances.

Not sure if you are completely correct.

The total is 3400 including coinsurance and all hospital fees.

Down payment is 1200 when you book

You have to verify your id

You get SMS and within 7 days the appointment.

Fist visit you pay the missing 500 thb

The next visit you pay 1700with the 3400 the all is covered.

The 3400 was first 3800 and if this article is correct now will be 2200.

All included (vaccine, administering, insurance, certificate)

Average price in the west for one jab is somewhere between the 10-16 euro including all

• Like 1

I just paid for it. It was 3300 baht. I guess my appointment will be for October?

I'm perfectly happy with the well-dismissed Sinovac, but I don't know how long it's going to be before the gov starts vaccinating foreigners again. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

This is a private hospital. I don't see people complaining when they get their medication there that is much more than 50 % more than local chemists. 

l think you are wrong there. All my friends complain about the price of meds at private hospitals, so we go to Pharmacy wholesalers. In many cases, half the price of private hospitals!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1