Tourism Council announce their four scenarios for return of foreign tourists in 2021 - 3 million tops, 1 million worst

webfact

On 7/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, Justgrazing said:

Damn those cheap Charlie's .. 

If any confirmation was needed they have lost the plot then this it .. 

My dollars is on scenario 4 winning out no problem ..

Here's is some information of interest.

The Thai newspaper, we don't name reported yesterday the 2 doctors (both vaccinated with Sino Vac )have been infected while working in a hospital in Bangkok .

The effectiveness of the vaccine seemed to have reduced after being vaccinated for 6 weeks or more.

Then on the Channel 9 ( news Australia last night they reported an elderly man sent to hospital after being infected with covid from an unvaccinated worker), the rest home resident and his wife were both vaccinated with Pfizer over a month ago.(his wife also went to hospital with him).

Also reported was that the UK is now considering giving people a third shot to boost immunity as new variants can infect you when the effectiveness of being vaccinated with 2 shots drops.

So now, this probably will be the new norm for vaccinating, and with Delta looking to be the variant they are most worried about. The the big roll out in Thailand might have to add another shot, same will go for the rest of the world I guess.

Not good news for the world.

With Bangkok under siege with Delta spreading like wildfire and Hospitals choking up, I am skeptical that the country will be able to open as planned , things as usual will change daily.

In comparison if you can make one, Australia locked down with a handful of Delta cases, they are hopeful they have this under control now with a drop in infections , they say the lockdown has hopefully worked.

The travel bubble has partially reopened between NZ and Aussie,. VIC, ACT, TAS .

Now compare Thailand with delta spreading around the country, especially in BK, then with over 6000 new reported  covid cases  throughout the country in the last few days, Delta expected to dominate , no lockdown in BK, then this does not look good, especially if your going to need a third jab.

Best of luck reopening. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:13 AM, ezzra said:

Scenarios are dime a dozen and so are dreaming, reality however, is what will happen tomorrow, not in a 120 days, and so far things are not looking good for Thailand as far as vaccinating their population...

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. John Lennon.

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Unless the timid ones gain some courage, and open the nation to tourism, with no restrictions, no quarantine and no sandbox, they will only get 10-30,000 tourists, for the remainder of 2021. 

Require double vaccination, with a quality vax, unlike the Sinojunk being used here. And require a covid negative test. And restrict only the nations that are at the top of the covid list. That is all.

And remember, with the daily count rising here, international tourists are taking a far greater risk by being here, and being exposed to the Thais, than the Thai people are taking by being exposed to them. Lastly, Thailand needs the world right now, 20X more than the world needs Thailand. This is not the COTKU (Center of the known universe). The locals are in a world of hurt, economically. And it may last a very, very long time. I predict five years, and the fallout will be worse than 1997. And most of it appears to be sabotage. Willful or not.

Spidermike007 for Prime Minister in 2022! Yay!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Spidermike007 for Prime Minister in 2022! Yay!

Yay again, Spider gets my vote , but maybe tourists will have to get booster shots every three months to keep on top of the new variants, just a thought, it may pan out that way if more elderly start getting re-infected  as they are in Sydney at present. 9 news today, Sydney.

16 hours ago, robsamui said:

"Manager" - "Manager" - "Manager"  . . . every few words it's "told" Manager" this" or "he said to "Manager".
Is this article written for some kind of secret society? Who on earth is "Manager", and what's he got to do with anything? Are we supposed to know?
A very irritatingly-penned piece, very smug - evidently written by a young, trainee spy for a secret organisation.

Well said!! Just another <deleted> article written by the stupid for the stupid.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Also reported was that the UK is now considering giving people a third shot to boost immunity as new variants can infect you when the effectiveness of being vaccinated with 2 shots drops.

My friend in the UK just got COVID and he has had two shots of AZ vaccine fairly recently. 

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Now compare Thailand with delta spreading around the country, especially in BK, then with over 6000 new reported  covid cases  throughout the country in the last few days, Delta expected to dominate , no lockdown in BK, then this does not look good, especially if your going to need a third jab.

Best of luck reopening.

As I have posted on here previously, this government's gamble of sending vaccines to outlying and less affected areas such as Phuket to save face by opening up to tourism will have, and is having, disastrous consequences. All for the sake of a few thousand visitors. 

Vaccinations should have been prioritised for urban areas such as Bangkok where they were finding more cases. 

Every day it becomes increasingly apparent this is about to fall apart spectacularly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My friend in the UK just got COVID and he has had two shots of AZ vaccine fairly recently. 

How recently? They are a minimum of 8 weeks apart, plus the resistance from the second one will not be seen until at least 2 weeks after, and increases in more time. And again remember vaccines reduce symptoms, not infections directly, particularly serious ones. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

How recently? They are a minimum of 8 weeks apart, plus the resistance from the second one will not be seen until at least 2 weeks after, and increases in more time. And again remember vaccines reduce symptoms, not infections directly, particularly serious ones. 

Not entirely sure but if I had to guess over a month ago for the second shot.

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not entirely sure but if I had to guess over a month ago for the second shot.

There is usually a 'letting down of the guard' after receiving the second jab. 

On 7/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, webfact said:

By no stretch of the imagination could that be October though Manager did not say where Wichit got his information from. 

I have  a shrewd idea but I don't need a suspension.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, webfact said:

Thirty four provinces reported infections stemming from Bangkok.

Obviously no lessons learnt from the past... 

if nothing changes history is apt to repeat itself... this government has proved it's incapable of evolving.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

My personal experience with the TAT, listen very carefully what they say and propose, turn 180 degrees in the other direction and you will be fine.

If breathing wasn't an auto response half of T.A.T wouldn't wake up in the morning.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You can still get COVID even fully vaccinated.  This isn't news.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So now you say your friend in the UK reinfected, cases of 2 doctors in Bangkok reinfected while vaccinated with Sino, and now 3 cases in the Summit rest Home Sydney as of today, reinfected while vaccinated on Pfizer , source channel9 news Sydney and that newspaper in BK.

Question: will this be the start of a new trend requiring a third Jab?   ...... who knows?

12 hours ago, DBath said:

“Deputy chief of the Tourism Council of Thailand Wichit Prakopkosol said that he was absolutely thrilled with the Thai government's plans to reopen the country within 120 days. “

I’M SO INSPIRED AND AM MOVED TO TEARS. I’M SURE THOSE MILLIONS WHO ARE LEFT JOBLESS MUST FEEL THE SAME WAY. THERE TRULY IS HOPE IN THE AIR. 

The jobless are moved to tears and sometimes extremes..... ( don't know if the word for taking away your own life is banned from the site. )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

The jobless are moved to tears and sometimes extremes..... ( don't know if the word for taking away your own life is banned from the site. )

My comment was total sarcasm and directed at the subject of the snippet I quote from the article - and the fact that these morons continue to let their ‘giddiness’ cloud their ability to think things through toward at least a reasonable attempt at resolution. 

I’ve known a few poor souls who’ve contemplated ‘making an exit of their own choosing’, because they lost all hope. Most, but not all, worked in the tourism industry.

Fortunately, no one I know has taken that final extreme step, though I can’t help but wonder about the overall impact it’s having on friends and family of those who have made that terrible choice or even those who are considering it. 

1 hour ago, DBath said:

My comment was total sarcasm and directed at the subject of the snippet I quote from the article - and the fact that these morons continue to let their ‘giddiness’ cloud their ability to think things through toward at least a reasonable attempt at resolution. 

I’ve known a few poor souls who’ve contemplated ‘making an exit of their own choosing’, because they lost all hope. Most, but not all, worked in the tourism industry.

Fortunately, no one I know has taken that final extreme step, though I can’t help but wonder about the overall impact it’s having on friends and family of those who have made that terrible choice or even those who are considering it. 

I know and also look Th news channels, 

19 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

TaT is getting frustrated with their estimations frequently being way of, hence this new model were their latest estimation comes with 4 scenarios! Brilliant ????

A suggestion for them : why don't they get a few adults to join them?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The tone of this article appears to cast considerable doubt on the information from this government spokesman, even making several not-so-veiled implications that the information is fantasy or even potentially fake news.

I'm sure the government works hard to supply the best information available and should not be criticized.

At least that is what I was told when I posted almost identical  comments about a similar government statement a few days ago.

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2021 at 6:55 AM, webfact said:

But meanwhile in Bangkok and elsewhere the country was in the grip of the very worst stage of the pandemic with deaths and new cases smashing records almost daily. 

Clearly this was missed off the 'Predictions List' earlier this year - yet it was entirely predicatble (pardon the pun).  I've never believed the figures Thailand was putting out last year and earlier this year although it was clear the country wasn't being hit as hard as Europe for example.  A handful of deaths and a few thousand infections produced a total lockdown and border closures.  Now a major outbreak, made 1000's of times worse by a failure to cancel Songkran produces a few restrictions and talk of opening the borders - as they say.......mai khao jai.

Understandably they want the economy back on its feet again but that's just not going to happen until they bring the virus under control and as has been established in the UK, the way to do that is to get the bloody vaccine in people's arms.  With such a low amount of the population vaccinated, this situation is just going to go on and on.

Against a background of over 45 million people receiving their first dose and nearly 34 million having had both doses - today's UK figures were 27,334 new cases with just 9 deaths.  Prior to the vaccine rollout infection figures like that would have been accompanied by hundreds of daily deaths - more on occasion. 

Has there been any explanation as to what has gone wrong with the vaccine programme? I expected millions of doses would be produced every day when the AZ production facility opened - what's happening?