Siriraj Hospital closes ER as Rajavithi Hospital suspends general surgery and new admissions

webfact

Website-Thumbnail-Set-4.jpg

Yesterday (Sunday), Bangkok’s Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital announced the temporary closure of its Emergency Room, until further notice, due to the number of patients exceeding capacity.

The hospital did not say when the ER will resume operations, but apologised to members of the public for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, Rajavithi Hospital also announced today the suspension of general surgery services and admission of in-patients, from Monday until July 16th, after some medical personnel were found to be infected with COVID-19, resulting in several others being quarantined.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/siriraj-hospital-closes-er-as-rajavithi-hospital-suspends-general-surgery-and-new-admissions/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-05

Lot of thinking on the part of hospitals outside of the Thailand the West back in the beginning this was a problem a problem so big people were laughing at the U.S. in particular but many country built field hospital in their parking lots to do testing to check and treat those who might be infected even brought in ships hospital to allow for the ER to stay open.  What happen here? 

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Lot of thinking on the part of hospitals outside of the Thailand the West back in the beginning this was a problem a problem so big people were laughing at the U.S. in particular but many country built field hospital in their parking lots to do testing to check and treat those who might be infected even brought in ships hospital to allow for the ER to stay open.  What happen here? 

Submarine hospital

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, riparian said:

Submarine hospital

Even a second hand sub from China I'm sure has excellent ventilation just like reported on Airplanes. Take all those unused ship containers stacked everywhere unused that would be a start when done get a crank take them and start a new community?

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Here we go, the collapse is beginning already.

Cracks are starting to widen for sure.

Wait till the Delta variant hits home in the 34 other provinces that are not as well served as Bangkok... then see it crumble.

It was bound to happen sooner or later with the way the cases are swelling in Bangkok, especially now that it appears we are entrenched at the 6k mark awaiting for the upward climb after the weekend and continued spread of the Delta variant.  I am also waiting for those who comment here to be called doom mongers and doomsayers by the normal crowd.

• Like 1

This is what all the fools who scream to open up the economy dont get.

And they never will get, it's selective ignorance. One could lay out the overflow dead and sick on their driveway, and they'd walk over them to get to their scooter and drive to the pub.

The only saving grace is that covid has already taken a lot of the freedumbers to the glue factory overseas, maybe the next generations IQ will be a smidge higher.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

This is what all the fools who scream to open up the economy dont get.

And they never will get, it's selective ignorance. One could lay out the overflow dead and sick on their driveway, and they'd walk over them to get to their scooter and drive to the pub.

The only saving grace is that covid has already taken a lot of the freedumbers to the glue factory overseas, maybe the next generations IQ will be a smidge higher.

You probably have a steady income? There are plenty of other countries that went through this but the Thai government choose to ignore the problem and that it would go away by itselves( a typical Thai thing) They had a year to get things in order but the just did nothing. Open up the damn thing, I would say  and start to live again even you have a risk. FYI everybody dies one day. Told my doctor once that I rather live another then years happy instead of following all the restrictions (i have now) and live another 40 years unhappy. I never visits pub, have no drinking urge and follow common sense, I don't need a government to tell me what to do.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Not just Thailand.

1.5 million hospital procedures/operations were cancelled by our NHS during 2020, I dare say that number has risen significantly 6 months later.

The world in the coming years will have multiple times the number of deaths from non covid related illnesses due to covid delays and cancelled operations. than actual  covid deaths

Let them publish the daily stats for cancer diagnosed, cancer hospitalised, and cancer related deaths....