Thailand reports 6,166 new COVID-19 cases, 50 more deaths

webfact

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They are either going home, or camping by the hospital. 

Anecdotal, but I went to Bamrungmuang Hospital today to drop off a package of snacks for a friend who is stuck there with Covid. There wasn't anyone camping outside. However, I can confirm that the hospital is out of beds for new patients currently.

• Like 2

Just now, Blumpie said:

Why would it matter?  Nobody is vacationing in Thailand anyways.  The reports of this ridiculous sand box proves it unless you're talking about 30 people a day.  

It matters in terms of overseas perception of the Phuket sandbox.

it was my birthday on 3rd July, consequently I had many phone calls with people in the UK, friends and relatives. Virtually everyone made reference to “oh you (meaning Phuket) are open now”. That’s courtesy of the TAT television campaign advertising Phuket as being open for tourists.

if the Thai PM is known to have been exposed to Covid at the time he travelled to Phuket to “open” the sandbox, it brings in a dose of reality to the whole fantasy woven by TAT of a Covid safe environment for tourists.

and in addition, perhaps, just perhaps, a dose of reality to those in Thailand agitating for Samui, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and all points of the compass, to also open.

and finally, can I just remind you, there are two Israeli tourists vacationing in Thailand as we speak. I know, I saw the photo of them in a swimming pool to prove it! ????

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

it was my birthday on 3rd July, consequently I had many phone calls with people in the UK, friends and relatives. Virtually everyone made reference to “oh you (meaning Phuket) are open now”. That’s courtesy of the TAT television campaign advertising Phuket as being open for tourists.

if the Thai PM is known to have been exposed to Covid at the time he travelled to Phuket to “open” the sandbox, it brings in a dose of reality to the whole fantasy woven by TAT of a Covid safe environment for tourists.

and in addition, perhaps, just perhaps, a dose of reality to those in Thailand agitating for Samui, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and all points of the compass, to also open.

and finally, can I just remind you, there are two Israeli tourists vacationing in Thailand as we speak. I know, I saw the photo of them in a swimming pool to prove it! ????

A belated Happy Birthday to you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The story has now been carried by Bloomberg and many other international papers and media sites.  His exposure during the grand re-opening is now known far and near, how unfortunate.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-prime-minister-self-isolates-after-covid-19-exposure-at-phuket-reopening

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/thai-premier-self-isolates-at-home-after-covid-19-case-exposure

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

True, but it doesn't mean everyone is coming.

In fact nobody is really coming.  The entire fiasco has, so far, been a complete and utter flop.  

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The story has now been carried by Bloomberg and many other international papers and media sites.  His exposure during the grand re-opening is now known far and near, how unfortunate.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-prime-minister-self-isolates-after-covid-19-exposure-at-phuket-reopening

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/thai-premier-self-isolates-at-home-after-covid-19-case-exposure

I see Bloomberg has it. Don’t see many other Western titles have it, but more likely it will be tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I see Bloomberg has it. Don’t see many other Western titles have it, but more likely it will be tomorrow.

It's international on Flipboard as well, which pulls up on many different app feeds people have on their phones.

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That doesn't make sense. 113 monitored clusters have had less than 1 case over the last 2 weeks? 

That's an implied positivity rate of close to zero. 

I think they're talking clusters not cases.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Please stop this. It really doesn't add anything. 

Add me good feeling! You know here dont need read people who you dont want. Really simple.

Have great evening anyway, hope other comments not spoil your perfectness. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Add me good feeling! You know here dont need read people who you dont want. Really simple.

Have great evening anyway, hope other comments not spoil your perfectness. 

I must agree - that was really simple. Have a perfect night.

Once you hit around 6K-7.5K daily, with the population density, the curve begins to become exponential.

Just a prediction here…if they don’t smack this down hard, Thailand will be seeing 25,000 cases per day by 31 July.

What a cluster <deleted>.

50 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Once you hit around 6K-7.5K daily, with the population density, the curve begins to become exponential.

Just a prediction here…if they don’t smack this down hard, Thailand will be seeing 25,000 cases per day by 31 July.

What a cluster <deleted>.

Best open tourism and see what happens.  I think this is a great plan.

On another note, I'm still drunk from 24 hours ago.  Going strong!  

11 hours ago, The Cipher said:

(What do you engineer lol. Because this post did not inspire confidence.)

Exponential growth rates are constant, not accelerating. Exponential growth happens when something grows by a constant rate. Arithmetic growth happens when something grows by a constant amount.

2000 -> 4000 -> 6000 would not be an example of exponential growth.

2000 -> 4000 -> 8000 would be an example of exponential growth.

This post isn't to say that Covid isn't growing exponentially here. I stopped following after it became obvious that the numbers are not correct.

To be fair today is the 5th of July and it's 6000 cases a day already lets wait for July to finish and see if we are getting 8,000 per day which is maybe what the poster is saying.