Embassies worldwide have received nearly 8,000 requests for CoE for Phuket Sandbox

webfact

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Excellent that tourists are coming back, but is almost 8,000 requests for COE out of expected 120,000 arrivals during three month "great interest"?

And of those 8000, it would be fortunate to actually have 10 % ( 800 ) as confirmed applications.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Not crazy but as you need flights booked for a COE, most people will not request one until they are ready to fly. This is a stupid requirement that puts a lot of us off due to the risk of being knocked back.

TAT stated last week, 130 000 confirmed, so safe to assume 130 000 CEO has been issued or at least applied for, for them to state 130 000 confirmed

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Embassies and larger consulates around the world have received 7,980 applications for the CoE of which 6,119 have received vaccine approval and 2,802 have got CoE's.

Not enough to save Phuket let alone be the salvation of the nation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, BestB said:

TAT stated last week, 130 000 confirmed, so safe to assume 130 000 CEO has been issued or at least applied for, for them to state 130 000 confirmed

Maybe they are quoting the application fee in BHAT.

But stupid to have to get a CEO after you book your ticket, you would have to be careful that your ticket was refundable. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

of Entry for 3rd July numbering 446, for 4th July 462 and for today 127.

Embassies and larger consulates around the world have received 7,980 ap

38 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

First you apply for COE registration using passport, visa (if any) and insurance letter copies. No need flight or hotel booking at this stage. When pre approval is received you then have 14 days to book your flights and accommodation etc and apply for final COE release.

My COE registration online in Dubai was approved within one full working day (29th June). i then confirmed hotel, flights and pre payment for the Covid tests (done by hotel). submitted documents and received my COE within 6 hours. I flew to Phuket on 2nd July.

How exactly does the Hotel / Covid test happen ? Are the Covid tests prepaid by the hotel and then highlighted in the hotel receipt ?   It would be helpful if you could tell us what the hotel charged for the tests , what hotel and is it any good ?