Every little bit helps GBP-THB

9 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

The problem is at the moment few banks are willing to exchange cash.

Or give grace on mortgaged condo's my step son in Bkk is struggling paying his, I can keep him afloat for a while or he will have to lose by selling it.

There's no rich farangies around like they wanted to buy condos at 10,000,000. 

Edited by Kwasaki

12 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

The problem is at the moment few banks are willing to exchange cash.

Don't you have a "Super Rich" in Phuket peter ?.... even the Gold shops are usually a better option then Banks.

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Don't you have a "Super Rich" in Phuket peter ?.... even the Gold shops are usually a better option then Banks.

I don't live there anymore for more then 10 years but live now in the surroundings of Hu-hin.

There in HH WAS a Super Rich office but already closed for more then a half year.

Edited by Peterphuket

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

This is great news for many (although not for me). I remember one column of Project Fear was that the pound would crash to 30 THB post Brexit. 

Yet here it is at 45. Up 10% and climbing. Funny that... 

All linked to vaccination progress which boosts the economy so should stay this way till Thailand catches up if ever. UK will be into winter booster jabs before Thailand has even started!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Patience, Grasshopper.

It took 4 years for the Remainers to drag Britain to those depths. It might well take 4 years to rise back to the surface.

Patience for what? You claimed the drop in the value of the pound was because of uncertainty in the markets. There is no longer any uncertainty. We left.

So why is the pound still behind its pre brexit value?

Oh yeah. Thats right. Brexit was a stupid idea and the markets have responded to that.

The only reason the pound is making gains on the baht is because its so weak. The pound has not made gains against other major currencies. 

You got what you voted for grasshopper. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:53 PM, RichardColeman said:

Hope so, I'd easily transfer enough deposit for a retirement visa as opposed  to a marriage one !

I want to go the other way, but only because the weasels altered the retirement extension seasoning rules. This now means we all have to maintain close to a million baht, always at risk in a Thai bank.

OTOH I'm horrified, yes, horrified, at the humiliating <deleted> they put the immigrant husbands and fathers of their own citizens through.

I wonder when they'll want the homemade sex-tape, you know, just to prove it's all real...

So it's down to risking a huge chunk of change in the banks here, or cut that chunk down to a manageable risk, and draw maps to happy snaps. God help us all, and I'm an atheist.

Edited by chalawaan

On 7/10/2021 at 4:33 AM, maxcorrigan said:

45.2145 today 10/07 10.30am

If the Dollar/Baht was to weaken out to 35 which in my opinion is highly likely (and Sterling/Dollar was to remain unmoved in the interim) we'd have Sterling/Baht now at 48.65

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 4:30 PM, JonnyF said:

It's gained against the Euro. Or is that not a major currency any more?

Bad luck in the football by the way. But that's what happens when you have to back up empty words with tangible results. You finish bottom of the group with no wins and a goal difference of minus 4. Embarrassing.

Project Indyref2? A bit like project remain. Another failure. At least you can support Italy on Sunday. Small time bitter nationalists are all the same irrespective of the flag they hide behind. 

Normally I don't rise to the ignorant posters, and as the censorship on here is sooooo subjective here goes............

We are Scotland, just a small nation........... as is Little England, thing is you are in denial about your status.

England has a huge population and a very dodgy MSM, many of them red-tops which in order to do business, pump up the jingoistic rhetoric.
Only the white English, low educated knuckle draggers buy into this.

Don't you realise nobody in the world likes you, except your own white English low educated knuckle draggers?

Look at your England today consumed with bile toward the coloured English players.....seemingly blamed for last nights defeat?

The City of London, the money tree, doesn't want to know about UK,  all their investment is overseas - why would they invest in Sharon / Darren?

Stop taking the <deleted>. We want separation, we don't need or like Eng-er-land. Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, johnnybgood said:

Look at your England today consumed with bile toward the coloured English players.....seemingly blamed for last nights defeat?

Completely untrue , a few idiots poster terrible things on twitter and it was scorned by the rest of the Country .

A small minority of English people hate others because of their skin colour , it seems the huge majority of Scottish people hate English people for the same reasons some English people dont like Black people 

On 7/9/2021 at 3:32 AM, JonnyF said:

Patience, Grasshopper.

It took 4 years for the Remainers to drag Britain to those depths. It might well take 4 years to rise back to the surface.

How did they do that?

Dropped from 1.38 to 1.22 in the year of the Referendum. How did the Remainers achieve that? That would be the Leavers....

31 Dec 2015 1.377982
31 Dec 2016 1.224833
31 Dec 2017 1.141317
31 Dec 2018 1.130081
31 Dec 2019 1.139727
31 Dec 2020 1.124569
11 Jul 2021 1.152306
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

How did they do that?

Dropped from 1.38 to 1.22 in the year of the Referendum. How did the Remainers achieve that? That would be the Leavers....

31 Dec 2015 1.377982
31 Dec 2016 1.224833
31 Dec 2017 1.141317
31 Dec 2018 1.130081
31 Dec 2019 1.139727
31 Dec 2020 1.124569
11 Jul 2021 1.152306

Financial markets hate uncertainty and the UK spent four years in disarray in regards to leaving the E.U , with the Remainers trying to overturn the referendum result and voting *No* to all the leaving proposals and hoping for Corbyn/Labour to form the next Government , who would hold another referendum and try to get the "right" result that time 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Normally I don't rise to the ignorant posters, and as the censorship on here is sooooo subjective here goes............

We are Scotland, just a small nation........... as is Little England, thing is you are in denial about your status.

England has a huge population and a very dodgy MSM, many of them red-tops which in order to do business, pump up the jingoistic rhetoric.
Only the white English, low educated knuckle draggers buy into this.

Don't you realise nobody in the world likes you, except your own white English low educated knuckle draggers?

The City of London, the money tree, doesn't want to know about UK,  all their investment is overseas - why would they invest in Sharon / Darren?

Stop taking the <deleted>. We want separation, we don't need or like Eng-er-land. Get over it.

You sound bitter and angry. Maybe a deep friend Mars bar and a can of Irn Bru would help?

Firstly, a handful of idiots sent racist messages to the players. The vast majority of the country condemned these idiots and rightly so.

Secondly, if "You" want separation, why did "You" vote to Remain in Indyref 2014? Seems like you are misrepresenting the majority's wishes to support your vocal minority of nationalist extremists.  The hate that Sturgeon managed to drum up amongst the bitter minority of loons last year has passed already. The dream is over. Make yourself comfy, you're going nowhere.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/poll-shows-drop-for-scottish-independence-support-as-sir-john-curtice-claims-results-shows-cooling-over-uk-split-3287969

image.png.585079a7f95a26680ca7fd1d211ac884.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Financial markets hate uncertainty and the UK spent four years in disarray in regards to leaving the E.U , with the Remainers trying to overturn the referendum result and voting *No* to all the leaving proposals and hoping for Corbyn/Labour to form the next Government , who would hold another referendum and try to get the "right" result that time 

Nope. But nice try. It dropped immediately after the result and continued to do so. It actually stabilised during the 'attempts to overturn the result' and it has stayed in the same band ever since. 

Do you have some evidence as to otherwise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

That's about an 11% drop. It's gained that much against the THB since we finally left in January. 

A lot of the damage was done in 2018/2019 at the height of the Remainer meltdown. Had Remainers accepted the result we'd have probably left in 2018 with much less damage and a better deal and we'd be back to 2015 levels by now. But no, they tried to overturn it because they "knew best".

A great lesson to Remainers everywhere. Respect Democratic process. Otherwise, you end up in a similar mess to the one that Labour and the Lib Dems are in now. People have long memories.

Nonsense! You just made that all up.

During 2018 to 2019, as shown by my chart, there was hardly any movement at all. The move from 1.37 to 1.22 to 1.14 is clearly shown from Dec 2015 to Dec 2017; outside the years that you claim damage done by Remainers.

It happened clearly because of the result of the Referendum. No one was expecting it and it threw a horseshoe in the works. Rather disingenuous of you to attempt to rewrite history in the face of cold hard facts.

Check the charts for yourself, instead of just making things up to try to fit your narrative.

Laughable that the usual suspects 'liked' your post without even checking the figures. You claim an 11% drop, but you failed to take into account that it again dropped from 1.22 to 1.14 and has stayed in that band ever since. 1.37 to 1.14 is a 16.8% difference. No doubt you will try to bend the truth to fit again.

Now let us look at your other claim regarding Thai Baht:

31 Dec 2015 52.362552
31 Dec 2016 47.853392
31 Dec 2017 43.691437
31 Dec 2018 43.107992
31 Dec 2019 39.639054
31 Dec 2020 40.128385
12 Jul 2021 42.877085

52.36 before the referendum. It is only climbing now because of the disastrous handling of the economy and COVID by the current government. Nothing to do with Brexit.

So please; less propaganda and more reality.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Nope. But nice try. It dropped immediately after the result and continued to do so. It actually stabilised during the 'attempts to overturn the result' and it has stayed in the same band ever since. 

Do you have some evidence as to otherwise?

So, you are ignoring the PIGS impact on the Euro exchange rate from 2013 to 2015? With the current rate matching close to the rate from 2009 to 2011, i.e, before the PIGS crisis that placed the future viability of the EU in some doubt. Interesting.....

25 minutes ago, dabhand said:

So, you are ignoring the PIGS impact on the Euro exchange rate from 2013 to 2015? With the current rate matching close to the rate from 2009 to 2011, i.e, before the PIGS crisis that placed the future viability of the EU in some doubt. Interesting.....

I think that you are confused and you also ignore that the PIGS crisis was in play from late 2009 and bailouts took place in 2012 onwards.

As to your claim of the current rates being the same:

31 Dec 2009 53.66845
31 Dec 2010 49.013664
31 Dec 2011 48.886638

Current rate: 

12 Jul 2021 42.877085

But why let the facts get in the way of your fiction?

Apart from that I post what is relevant to this board; the GBP/THB pairing. More fabricated excuses to be found?

• Like 1

Just now, Eindhoven said:

I think that you are confused and you also ignore that the PIGS crisis was in play from late 2009 and bailouts took place in 2012 onwards.

As to your claim of the current rates being the same:

31 Dec 2009 53.66845
31 Dec 2010 49.013664
31 Dec 2011 48.886638

Current rate: 

12 Jul 2021 42.877085

But why let the facts get in the way of your fiction?

Apart from that I post what is relevant to this board; the GBP/THB pairing. More fabricated excuses to be found?

It was your post making reference to the GBP / EUR rate that I was referencing. But, if you are not wishing to go into any detail on that issue, for whatever reason, that is your choice...... Oh, and it is far from being fiction. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dabhand said:

It was your post making reference to the GBP / EUR rate that I was referencing. But, if you are not wishing to go into any detail on that issue, for whatever reason, that is your choice...... Oh, and it is far from being fiction. 

I did go in to detail and you ignored it. I mentioned it actually began in late 2009 with bailouts taking place in 2012 and onwards; so I hardly avoided your reply and in fact refuted it to an extent. But it IS off-topic so I also referred to the relevant GBP/THB pair which in turn refutes the nonsense claims concerning Remainers here.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I did go in to detail and you ignored it. I mentioned it actually began in late 2009 with bailouts taking place in 2012 and onwards; so I hardly avoided your reply and in fact refuted it to an extent. But it IS off-topic so I also referred to the relevant GBP/THB pair which in turn refutes the nonsense claims concerning Remainers here.

Anyway, the main takeaway for me is that the currency swings are never only connected to just one issue. A multiple of factors are always at play. Some more than others. Yes, Brexit had an influence but other events around that time, and since, also impacted on both the GBP/EUR  and GBP/THB rates. To just point a finger at Brexit and leave it at that is a touch simplistic to my mind. 

Having a rate of over Bt45/GBP is good news (not sure where you get a current rate of Bt42.877085), no matter the reason. Hopefully we can agree on that!!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:43 PM, Mavideol said:

you sound like father 555   he used to say " what goes up always (sooner or later) comes down "

Tell that to Voyager One and Two. 

Edited by Doctor Tom

27 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Anyway, the main takeaway for me is that the currency swings are never only connected to just one issue. A multiple of factors are always at play. Some more than others. Yes, Brexit had an influence but other events around that time, and since, also impacted on both the GBP/EUR  and GBP/THB rates. To just point a finger at Brexit and leave it at that is a touch simplistic to my mind. 

Having a rate of over Bt45/GBP is good news (not sure where you get a current rate of Bt42.877085), no matter the reason. Hopefully we can agree on that!!

I used the posted chart as a reference to keep the basis consistent.

Anyway, no argument necessary. I just got involved to refute the nonsensical suggestion that the 'Remainers' were responsible for Sterling's slide at the time.

I enjoyed a rate of 91 baht to £1; we take the rough with the smooth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Nonsense! You just made that all up.

During 2018 to 2019, as shown by my chart, there was hardly any movement at all. The move from 1.37 to 1.22 to 1.14 is clearly shown from Dec 2015 to Dec 2017; outside the years that you claim damage done by Remainers.

It happened clearly because of the result of the Referendum. No one was expecting it and it threw a horseshoe in the works. Rather disingenuous of you to attempt to rewrite history in the face of cold hard facts.

Check the charts for yourself, instead of just making things up to try to fit your narrative.

Laughable that the usual suspects 'liked' your post without even checking the figures. You claim an 11% drop, but you failed to take into account that it again dropped from 1.22 to 1.14 and has stayed in that band ever since. 1.37 to 1.14 is a 16.8% difference. No doubt you will try to bend the truth to fit again.

Now let us look at your other claim regarding Thai Baht:

31 Dec 2015 52.362552
31 Dec 2016 47.853392
31 Dec 2017 43.691437
31 Dec 2018 43.107992
31 Dec 2019 39.639054
31 Dec 2020 40.128385
12 Jul 2021 42.877085

52.36 before the referendum. It is only climbing now because of the disastrous handling of the economy and COVID by the current government. Nothing to do with Brexit.

So please; less propaganda and more reality.

quote "12 Jul 2021    42.877085"

Kbank at around 11 am this morning 44.96059

Wise about the same time  45.3455

XE about the same time   45.3471

I have no idea where you got your figure from but Kbank was around that figure but that was around mid April.

Wise was 23 March

XE was 16 April.

You quote reams of figures yet you are proven wrong on the GBP/THB rate which makes me suspect that perhaps your other figures may be wrong too.