Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Completely out of control. No way back now. Even a month full and strict lockdown may have little impact. This virus is transmitted first by air and second on surfaces. I'm not sure the idiots at the top realise this and fairly sure many Thais don't. I am wearing two masks. This is unravelling very fast. 

What no gloves?

• Haha 1

The Delta variant first identified in India is spreading widely around the world, but even as it becomes the dominant strain in many countries around the world, a new variant, called the Lambda variant, or C.37, has also caught public health officials’ attention.

The strain was recently identified as a “variant of interest” by the World Health Organization, and health experts are watching it closely as it spreads throughout South America and elsewhere in the world. Here’s what you need to know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158130896867050

https://scontent-sin6-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/210998734_10158130896332050_1495797602590213541_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TiGvwGCRpVgAX806zsI&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-3.xx&tp=6&oh=82e424310965a797f1f8acd415effe8e&oe=60EC6A28https://scontent-sin6-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/209498475_10158130896322050_8265031495436065409_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6_Ieb1isskcAX8w9-Zw&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.xx&tp=6&oh=46014d8171b1df19b3e7c807f3ddb8ee&oe=60EBFE38

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I understand that people are frustrated but in logistics point is totaly impossible to achieve even US goverment want to. Or cost too much anyway. If sent Pfizer you need keep it under minus 70 celsius temperature. Not go in diplomatic bag. And to how many country need sent ? If you sent one you need sent every where has US citizen . And not every country has US consulate!

They did bring it in the diplo bag to vaccinate embassy staff and families back in March. But it would be easier to tell Thai govt that they have to vaccinate US citizens first.  They can always say they don't want it, if unhappy with that.  China did it.

Just now, wensiensheng said:

If these patients count as admissions, it’s really gonna screw with D man’s 1+1=3 theory.

Yea I was going to post exactly the same but was waiting for the right time...........55555

• Haha 1

In the interests of fairness and justice to this government, I think we should not tar them with the same brush for absolutely everything.

For example, members here are citing buying submarines at the expense of their greater-needing citizens, particularly during the covid crisis. But I seem to remember that a deferred payment scheme had been agreed with the Chinese in the middle of last year that allows for that money to be used for covid emergencies.

On a general note, when it comes to reports of Infections, deaths etc, the Government are only as good as those reporting to them. Whether those numbers are accurate or manipulated in any way, or by anyone, we cannot know for sure without evidence.

In these observations, I am not showing a general support for the Government.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

In the interests of fairness and justice to this government, I think we should not tar them with the same brush for absolutely everything.

For example, members here are citing buying submarines at the expense of their greater-needing citizens, particularly during the covid crisis. But I seem to remember that a deferred payment scheme had been agreed with the Chinese in the middle of last year that allows for that money to be used for covid emergencies.

On a general note, when it comes to reports of Infections, deaths etc, the Government are only as good as those reporting to them. Whether those numbers are accurate or manipulated in any way, or by anyone, we cannot know for sure without evidence.

Nice try........

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Boat...off....fresh

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

Really i specifically claimed corona vac, why do not you be sport and quote exact post where i specifically said corona vac. Not tired making silly posts yet? 

You claim that evidence showed that the vaccine being used in Indonesia and Uruguay were ineffective. Basically, that's Coronavac. Keep wriggling.

Well it looks like the rocket has left the launch pad. It skipped the 8,000s completely land will probably consolidate around this level for a few days, depending on availability of test kits, then likely power up through 10,000 and upward.

Realistically, comparing what happened in UK in Decemeber with alpha and what happened with delta in India and what is happening now in Indonesia, a peak of 50,000-60,000 is easily possible. Whereas the NHS in the UK was overwhelmed with 54,000 cases a day in December, it didn't collapse. The Thai healthcare system is already overwhelmed at the margins.  At 20,000 it will probably collapse or come close, as in India, and be short of oxygen. 

Better batten down the hatches and try to survive. In India the worst of it has past in three months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rott said:

It would be good to see it happen but no reason why it should. People came here of their own free will so why should their governments carry the burden. 

Because they spent a lifetime paying taxes and this burden isn't that heavy.There are probably 1/3 of the population in some countries that don't want to get vaccinated so why not put a few extra box in the vaccines being donated to these countries for their expats before the vaccines expiry date is reached and they get thrown out?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

For those that have Twitter and want to follow:

THREAD:

@oc_ccsa

will announce new #COVID19 restrictions at 4pm BK (less than 5 min from now) amidst escalating infection rates. I will be live-tweeting details in this thread.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413421716626284549

The live broadcast from NBT has started (Thai language)

https://www.facebook.com/LiveNBT2HD/live_videos/

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

How do you achieve herd immunity with a virus that mutates every month or so?

That’s a good question. 

Experiments on the blood of recovered SARS-Covid patients show that our T-cells are capable of handling genetic variation of said virus exceeding 20% of its original genetic makeup. In other words, our immune system is sophisticated enough to tackle the challenge of producing antibodies for genetic code variations. 

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What fairness and justice did this bunch of gun toting usurpers show in 2014?Do you think they deserve to be treated like law abiding citizens?They should be thrown in gaol for breaking the law.

2014 was 7 years ago and has no relevance to Covid or any of my comments. I said fairness and justice as it relates to some current actions. However bad people have been in the past, I don't automatically blame them now for something that they maybe didn't do!

From the point of 2014 I agree with you. But we live in the present and sometimes we have to deal with others we don't approve of while attempting for an outcome that offers the greatest good for the greatest number.

You are angry about the way things have happened in Thailand and so am I but neither you or I have any control over these things so I find myself having to accept the situation and not allow it to interfere in matters that are not directly connected.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

The prisoner case numbers have significantly reduced and shows containment....they should apply the same control to the whole population ???? 

Now hang on a minute.... that might prove lockdowns work.... many do not want that!

• Haha 2

@oc_ccsa

has decided that the Emergency Decree will extended until Sep 30. This will be submitted to the cabinet for final approval on Tuesday. It has been in use since late March 2020. #COVID19

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413424855144300545

There’s a re-categorization of #COVID19 risk zones across Thailand: 10 provinces remain in the highest risk and control zones (dark red): Bangkok and surrounding provinces and 4 provinces in the South.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, rott said:

It would be good to see it happen but no reason why it should. People came here of their own free will so why should their governments carry the burden. 

As stated before by others, many Governments around the world provide aid and assitance in times of an Emergency.  

Its not a burden its what Governments and their people do to help others in their time on need.

Edited by Changbeer4me
Spelling