Jump to content

Electricity prices to remain constant until December 2021, says regulator


webfact

Recommended Posts

6pm.jpg

Picture: INN

 

Electricity consumers in Thailand can expect to pay the same price for power until December, reported INN.

 

The industry's Energy Regulatory Commission has set the rate at -15.32 of the FT rate. This is a variable tariff based on several factors including the oil price. 

 

The bottom line is that consumers will continue to pay 3.61 baht per unit from June to December, said ERC secretary Komkrit Tantrawanich yesterday. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-10

 

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Link to post
Share on other sites

since january 2020, the beginning of epidemic/pandemic prices of oil, gas went 50% down around the world.

Thailand has 30% electric production overcapacity, and still importing hydropower from neighbouring countries.

Economy is slowing down.

Why don't drop energy price by 50%, to stimulate economic development, and than export surplus production?

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, internationalism said:

since january 2020, the beginning of epidemic/pandemic prices of oil, gas went 50% down around the world.

Thailand has 30% electric production overcapacity, and still importing hydropower from neighbouring countries.

Economy is slowing down.

Why don't drop energy price by 50%, to stimulate economic development, and than export surplus production?

Because they don't want to, Boom!

 

People keep paying their bills, doesn't matter if they are suffering...

 

So, you take their money everywhere you can and then you give them back 5% of that with nonsense schemes (like 50/50) and expect them to thank you for your generosity. 

 

A sound and sustainable plan!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So no discount unlike May and June

My wife says Thais are going ballistic online......claiming the price of electricity was artificially inflated just before the discounts were applied.....the net result was a much smaller reduction in their bills than was expected......no idea how true this is!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Quite bizarrely, my electricity bill has been the same for the last three months - ThB751!

Not all that bizarre as they capped our maximum electricity bills to Aprils as COVID compensation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not all that bizarre as they capped our maximum electricity bills to Aprils as COVID compensation. 

Who is 'our'.....my bill was 1,300 baht.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not all that bizarre as they capped our maximum electricity bills to Aprils as COVID compensation. 

Ahah! I must have missed that. Thank you. How long does that last?

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

apartment owners won't be happy with this

 

they must have made a fortune last year when rates were dropped and continued to charge 8 baht a unit

Apartment owners need to get with the times and drop to 4 baht, 8-10 baht is way too much. Condos are cheaper now

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apartment owners need to get with the times and drop to 4 baht, 8-10 baht is way too much. Condos are cheaper now

why would they do that if the law isn't even enforced? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

My wife says Thais are going ballistic online......claiming the price of electricity was artificially inflated just before the discounts were applied.....the net result was a much smaller reduction in their bills than was expected......no idea how true this is!!!

 

... well, not exactly 'artificially inflated' but basically they are perfectly right, it was sorta scam and went like this:

 

You just choose the statistically hottest month in most parts of the country (aka. April) as baseline for their so called discounts and voilà, it's no surprise the better part of the people got literally SFA of a reduction for subsequent months (which would have been triggered only by using more than baseline) ... 

 

10, 20 or 25% off would have made more sense, for sure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Electricity prices to remain constant until December 2021, says regulator"

 

SO expect a jump in the general power rates and possibly the tax rate as well.

 

They should be lowering the rates during the pandemic and a few years after to help the recovery.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apartment owners need to get with the times and drop to 4 baht, 8-10 baht is way too much. Condos are cheaper now

They are no more than capitalist cheats, they should follow Robbloks example on the fair way to run a business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

They are no more than capitalist cheats, they should follow Robbloks example on the fair way to run a business.

Two years ago apartments were cheaper than condos, now condo rent and electric is cheaper so unless apartments change quickly they're going down

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 12:08 PM, Surelynot said:

Who is 'our'.....my bill was 1,300 baht.

Was your bill B1,300 in April also, perhaps?   Do you get your bill direct from the electricity authority or from a landlord? 

 

Certainly in Bangkok, consumer electricity bills have been pegged for the last few months automatically, "our" is everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Was your bill B1,300 in April also, perhaps?   Certainly in Bangkok, consumer electricity bills have been pegged for the last few months automatically, "our" is everyone.

ßloody hell........so we could have had the air-con on all day?????

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Was your bill B1,300 in April also, perhaps?   Certainly in Bangkok, consumer electricity bills have been pegged for the last few months automatically, "our" is everyone.

ßloody hell........so we could have had the air-con on all day?????

Yes, and all night, and when you're not in so you come back to a cool home.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...