Thailand reports 8,656 new COVID-19 cases, 80 more deaths

webfact

Just now, Danderman123 said:

We have to be careful not to embrace a single study as being definitive.

If Sinovac is worthless, why are Chile’s numbers improving?

As I said wait and see. As for sinovac, double jabbed people getting seriously ill and dying would suggest it's not working wouldn't you think. 

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

As I said wait and see. As for sinovac, double jabbed people getting seriously ill and dying would suggest it's not working wouldn't you think. 

There are breakthrough cases for every vaccine. Let's not jump to conclusions without looking at more data. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sezze said:

You got to be joking , it is Monday morning . I've seen posts about 1 testcenter closing , and long rows on testcenters . As long as i do not see any post countering that and numbers being in the 1000s , i disregard a few 100 drop from previous days .

Of course I'm joking as the whole reported numbers thing is a joke without testing numbers, it makes the whole discussion about weekend numbers a pointless guessing game.They haven't Updated the world in data testing numbers for more than three weeks which they used to update weekly or at least fortnightly. 

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Because it's about percentages. Just because it provides less protection doesn't mean it provides no protection. Even people double jabbed with the mRNA vaccines and AZ vaccine occasionally die. What does that prove?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If I still needed/wanted a first shot, I'd be knocking on their door early and often re the 9 am opening time, and let's see what happens with them daily for the rest of this week.

There were a couple of added comments from this morning on the original thread re the Phyathai II vaccination registration site that was supposed to open this morning...

One person said they tried and failed to register. A second person said they did appear to succeed in registering by trying early about 8:40 am... Grist for the mill...

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good news, B.P. reporting today that Frontline medical staff will be given a booster vaccine from AstraZeneca this week, says the Department of Disease Control.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414401475510345733

By a booster of AZ, I would assume that this is in addition to two previous Sinovac jabs.

Human trials have been conducted  for mix and match with AZ and Pfizer/Moderna but giving this vaccine cocktail without any testing may be beyond the pale.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Because it's about percentages. Just because it provides less protection doesn't mean it provides no protection. Even people double jabbed with the mRNA vaccines and AZ vaccine occasionally die. What does that prove?

Please quote me where I said it provides no protection. If you can I will retract and modify my post. If you cant then you have misrepresented what I said.

1 minute ago, LosLobo said:

By a booster of AZ, I would assume that this is in addition to two previous Sinovac jabs.

Human trials have been conducted  for mix and match with AZ and Pfizer/Moderna but giving this vaccine cocktail without any testing may be beyond the pale.

Your first para is correct.

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Please quote me where I said it provides no protection. If you can I will retract and modify my post. If you cant then you have misrepresented what I said.

What does "not working" mean to you. If a doctor were to give you medicine for some condition, and the conditon got worse, that would mean that the medicine is not workiing. If a vaccine is not working, that means it provides no protection. Once again here is what you wrote:

double jabbed people getting seriously ill and dying would suggest it's not working wouldn't you think. 

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

Sorry, but it's too early for the restrictions to be working.  Those who tested positive yesterday would have been infected 1-2 weeks ago.

A quote from the link below about the delta variants speed of infection suggests it's 3-4 days for severe symptoms.

Fevers are common. The level of virus in the body rises higher than previously seen during the pandemic. And more people are becoming severely ill within 3 or 4 days.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/the-covid-19-delta-variant-heres-everything-you-need-to-know#What-symptoms-does-the-Delta-variant-cause?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

that might actually open up some opportunities that previously wouldn't have existed because enough folks have given up trying.

Don't see it that way at all.

The vaccination programme relies on few factors. Not in order:

People's acceptance of vaccine.

Availability of vaccine.

Willingness to be vaccinated.

Capacity to administer vaccination.

Thai are becoming more unwilling to accept sinovac. 

Supply is in disarray.

One positive is that most WANT to be vaccinated.

By way of contrast country such as Au is facing some reluctance to have a job.

Reason being (currently) very few cases and hence attitude of why bother. Why risk side effects, even though very small %. 

Bottom line is that Thailand will be nowhere near 70% vaccinated until way into next year.

They have missed the boat.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

That's two weeks shopping done.  I wouldn't call that 'hoarding'.

Thailand’s Department of Internal Trade (DIT) is urging people not to hoard consumer products during lockdown, while assuring that there will be enough supplies for everyone.

DIT Director-General Watthanasak Sua-Iam said the department has asked all department stores, wholesalers and retailers nationwide to increase their stocks of consumer products, to ensure there will be no shortage during the lockdown.

He said the DIT has also urged egg farmer associations in affected provinces to fix farm prices and supply eggs regularly to all markets in the area during the lockdown, and all associations have insisted that there will be a sufficient supply of eggs for consumption.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158134430242050

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Of course I'm joking as the whole reported numbers thing is a joke without testing numbers, it makes the whole discussion about weekend numbers a pointless guessing game.They haven't Updated the world in data testing numbers for more than three weeks which they used to update weekly or at least fortnightly. 

Thailand testing number when I looked on May 13 was 8,124,896. Today 8,129,670. Quite obviously the government is hiding the testing figures. Why? So the world cannot see the true low numbers of testing and extrapolate from this that numbers must be under-reported and hence much higher. What many on here have been saying since the very early stages last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 399 new cases and two more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (86), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (113), and Si Racha (107). The total cases so far is now 12,031 with 4,045 remaining in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414370644016332803

399 is a new record high for cases in the province. However, 363 people were also released and fully recovered yesterday in Chonburi, also a high number, as most cases continue to be mild or asymptomatic locally according to health officials.

This makes a total of 12,031 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 4,045 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 67 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.

Additionally, 7,921 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 363 people were released yesterday.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/12/chonburi-announces-399-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-with-two-new-deaths-a-new-high/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What does "not working" mean to you. If a doctor were to give you medicine for some condition, and the conditon got worse, that would mean that the medicine is not workiing. If a vaccine is not working, that means it provides no protection. Once again here is your what you wrote:

double jabbed people getting seriously ill and dying would suggest it's not working wouldn't you think. 

Not working means it is not effective at what it was said to do. Again I did not say it provides no protection. I said double jabbed people are getting seiously ill and dying so it's not working. Ok I'll add ...properly. Happy now?

Edited by dinsdale

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Not working means it is not effective at what it was said to do.

"Not working" is an absolute.

And what does your formulation even mean? What Coronava is said to do is provide protection against Covid. If it's not doing what it's said to do, then it's not providing protection against covid. 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Would you prefer 7-11s, massage shops and restaurants to be closed?  Anyone would think that only people from Bangkok pass on Covid!  And, isn't it possible for someone with an evil Bangkok license plate to also live in Pattaya?

There are actually a lot of Bangkok registered cars in Pattaya, many of my friends have them. Certainly increases at the weekends but not on the scales some think. There are a couple of hotels around Wongamat (Centara and Pullman) that are usually very popular with visitors from Bangkok, both extremely quiet this weekend and the one before.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The government has started doing Rapid Antigen testing at three locations today with a fourth on Wednesday. Today they expect to process 1,000 tests per location (results in 30 minutes) but this will be increased to 10,000 tests per day for the four locations ( Nation Photo)

ImageImageImage

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414378251875536904

test and you will find same thing would have happend a year ago had they bothered to test rather than beating their chests about how they were the best at containing covid.

• Thanks 1

Doctors at private and public hospitals grow increasingly frustrated with government policy

Doctors at private and public hospitals across the country are growing increasingly frustrated with the government’s policy on vaccines which they say has endangered frontline workers and threatened the country’s Covid-19 response, several doctors told Thai Enquirer on Monday.

The frontline workers, including doctors, nurses, and hospital administrative staff have been inoculated with Sinovac vaccines since April.

However, increasing evidence points to Sinovac’s ineffectiveness in preventing the transmission of the Covid-19 virus and its variants and its ineffectiveness in stopping symptomatic Delta variant transmissions.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29704/doctors-at-private-and-public-hospitals-grow-increasingly-frustrated-with-government-policy/

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"Not working" is an absolute.

And what does your formulation even mean? What Coronava is said to do is provide protection against Covid. If it's not doing what it's said to do, then it's not providing protection against covid. 

Two jabs is meant to protect you from serious illness or death. Being that there are calls for mRNA boosters it would seem that the medical community is in agreeance this vaccine CoronaVac is not effective enough at doing this. It doesn't work the way it's meant to or was said to work. Apart from this no vaccine will protect you against contracting covid.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Not working means it is not effective at what it was said to do. Again I did not say it provides no protection. I said double jabbed people are getting seiously ill and dying so it's not working. Ok I'll add ...properly. Happy now?

What is it said to do?

Just now, placeholder said:

What is it said to do?

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Two jabs is meant to protect you from serious illness or death.

This is what all the vaccines are meant to do. Sinovac does not do this effectively with the Delta variant evidenced by what I previously said about doubled vacced people becoming seriously and some dying.